You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Personal Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

My Personal Ghost?

 

I'm not sure if all of this counts as proof of my ghost - I have thought maybe I was going crazy but at my old house we used to have a lot of weird experiences. The whole house felt bad to be honest. It was just this uneasy feeling, and a feeling of being watched and not in a good way.

I remember I got to choose which bedroom would be mine when we first went in, and instead of the bigger one I went to the small room at the end of the hall. It just felt nicer than the rest of the house. We had a lot of weird experiences there, a lot of them creepy. None of our pets would ever step foot in the basement, etc. But I'll write those later.

What I really want an opinion on is what I think is my ghost. In this bad house my room always felt safe. Nothing really bothered me past my front door and things I would lose would turn up in very obvious places when I spoke of them out loud. Now, I always joked about the ghosts in the house, and tried to be nice to them in an effort to have them not scare me.

When I moved out, while packing I had ran out of tape - somehow, when I stopped for supper - tape was put in plain sight on top of the last box I had packed. There was only me and my mom there, and she had spent time helping me look for more tape but said there was none. So being me, I said "ok, thank you ghost - you've always been nice you can come with me if you want".

Now, when I moved into my apartment both me and my boyfriend would see a shadow, only briefly, move through the hall once in a while and our cats would play with invisible friends as if they were playing with each other. Things would go missing and then turn up when I needed them just like in my old bedroom. Lots of times, but I don't want to take up too much space in this story.

We have since moved again, and once again while leaving (I think I might have a bit of a fondness for it) I said it could come with me. At our new place, the same stuff as usual. Finding things in weird but obvious places, shadows, Lights on and off etc.

What I want to know is, is it possible for the same ghost to follow me? I don't remember any experiences before moving into the bad house when I was about 13. And anyone I was close to had died way before then. I can't tell if it's a guy or a girl, or if they even knew me. It's just this weird sense that it doesn't mean harm. Even if it scares us sometimes with pranks. I'm now 20, so this has been an ongoing thing for many years, and my boyfriend now believes me due to things he's seen or heard and isn't much of a ghost fan.

Anyways, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bumblebee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
told you I might of been mislead ty. Oh I still no the info is out there it is such a controversial thing let me stick to what I think 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Excuse me again, please, Bumblebee,

Well, yes, I DO occassionally watch TAPS (that IS who The Atlanta Paranormal Society is, is it not, ghostboy001).
According to THEIR website, this is what they said about ghosts attaching themselves to a PERSON...
"Can they follow you home? Sounds like the Disneyland "Haunted House Ride" I believe that people can find themselves "Attached" by spirits of ghosts that are not happy where they find themselves without a body and can try to "attach" themselves to the living. This is when a good ghost hunter knows when to "White Light" him or her self using positive White Light Energy or They can simply tell them person to person to "BACK AWAY!" Again, you are dealing with the essence of somebody just as alive as we are now, they have feelings too, and they are scared of where they find themselves and without the ability to communicate. Ghost Hunters, put yourselves in their shoes for a moment. Wouldn't it be terrifying for you, if suddenly you found that you could not communicate with anyone? Ones with the second sight gift should not offer themselves to spirits like the British Medium Derek Acorah does infrequently nor should one use the OUIJA board as this opens doors to other dimensions that are better left closed... We should use the EVP instrument or the new White Noise Box if they wish to communicate with us."

And, uh, just so that you know? Not EVERYONE on this site questions someone out of the blue to be a smart butt. SOME people actually ARE trying to learn something...
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Do you watch ghost hunters. The atlantic paranormal socity provided some info. Unless I misunderstood them. I got this info some time ago.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Can you tell me where to look up that information? I have been under the wrong impression for a while, it would appear.
Thank you.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
I obtianed my info from various relible ghost hunting team and years of dedicated reserch. 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
I am not criticizing you, ghost001. You MUST have me confused with someone ELSE here on site. I am asking you a question.
Where do you get your information? That is ALL I am asking you.
I am a Seeker. I seek knowledge. WHERE did you obtain YOURS? I made NO mention of THIS particular tale.
Thank YOU.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
look I'm only sticking to my info. Don't critisize me I have devoted myself to this I'm sorry but I've heard many devoted ghost hunters say this also it is a controvesial thing. There is also evidence that after she moved the ghosts were not the same because she never said she saw the other one and all of a sudden she moves she saw this ghost that is "attached" to her. 😠 😠 😠
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
I am sorry...
Ghostboy? If ghosts can DEFINITELY not get attached to a PERSON, why is it that the majority of certified ghost hunters after YEARS of research and experiences, would state otherwise?
Just curious. And wondering how you came up with that bit of information?
Thank you.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Just for clarification a ghost dose NOT get attached to a person. It may be a house, but I have heard of special cases. I don,t believe you are one of them though. See a doctor. 😐
schultz13 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
oh yeah, and if it acts up when your alone or trying to sleep/whatnot and it freaks you out, just say out loud "okay enough now" in a stern voice. Not that you haven't thought of this, just trying to help:) our ghost is named george, (my parents named him when we were younger so we wouldn't be scared, we know hes male, my mother saw him once), doing this helps, he stops for a while, sometimes they just want to have some fun:) its harmless, don't be scared!
schultz13 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
thats definitely a ghost! I have one in my house too. I'm 17, I have lived here my whole life. Its always been like this:) like, things just go missing like your keys and stuff like that, batteries go missing out of our remotes! Haha, its just a friendly spirit playing tricks on you, its definitely not dangerous or it would have done something harmful by now. I kind of see it as like, if you have a ghost living in your house, its almost as if they adopt you as their family, it sounds stupid, but they actually watch over you. I find that my ghost gets active when relatives come down. Nothing to be scared of, he/she is your friend:)
yorkster1234 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
wow!
I used to think I had a personal ghost named Katherine!
Funny eh?
I'd say Katherine walks and she talks!
Watch!
However I don't feel her hand on my shoulder anymore,
I think she left 😢
She was my only friend
(I don;t even know if she was imaginary it was that long)
So my point is it might just be you seeing things, but who knows?
Maybe you do have a ghost...

We'll seeeeee! 😆
call every ghost hunter you know and let them check the place to see if you do...
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
cute story, you have a peaceful spirit I see, at night I'm to scared to look around the room the only thing I'm brave enough to do is walk to were the noises are coming from, also good luck in the future and may the spirit last being a good one :D 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Oh, be careful what you ask for, Bumblebee. I do think when you gave out the invitation, your friend took you up on it. In the future, though, if you move, make sure that you just tell HIM he can come along. If there happens to be any other ghostie present, if you issue an open invitation, the possibility of them all packing up is very real.
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Hi Bumblebee, You definitely could have the spirit following you. I'm glad to hear that your 'friend' is a gentle one, it would be terrible if you were followed by something nasty. I'm not even sure you would have had to invite it to come with you. I think if s/he decided they really liked you then they could follow you anyway. If you feel the spirit is scaring you too much with pranks and such, try just asking it to stop whatever behavior it's doing, that it's scaring you and you want it to stop. It doesn't seem to want to cause you any harm, it may not realize that you're frightened. If you let it know you don't like certain things then maybe it'll stop doing it. You could do the same to let it pass on. Just speak to it gently and let it know it will be safe, all of its loved ones are waiting to help and protect it when it crosses. Since it is so attached to you, maybe you should also tell it that you'll be okay if it goes and not to worry about you. Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Well Bumblebee, you did issue the invitation for it to come with you. Yes, I do believe that a spirit can attach itself to a person. I would imagine that ghost / spirits can become lonely just like us. What I would do if it were me is tell it in a nice gentle way, that I don`t mind it staying but I think it would be happier if it crossed over into the light to be with it`s family and friends. The choice is yours.

FRAWIN ❤ 😊
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Bumblebee, seems like a playful spirit, it seems to have connected with you for an unknown reason, thing is~you accepted it, I guess. Your belief in it creates enough energy for it to actual be and let itself be known to you and others I assume. I am not sure really. I am just suggesting. If you want it gone, have Faith in the Lord to take it away and He will. Keep us posted!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
It is possible for an 'entity' or 'ghost' to be attached to a person rather than a place or object.

When you left the first home that you had the feeling of the presence at and invited the 'ghost' to accompany you, apparently that was the invitation needed.

From the descriptions in your story, it does not sound as if the 'ghost' means you any harm, just wants to be noticed.

If you choose not to want the 'ghost' around, you may need to take further action to have it vacate.

Ask it politely and with respect to leave, tell it to cross over to the light in the name of the Lord. Tell it that there will be peace and comfort once it crosses over. It may that this 'ghost' is still attahced to this plane for any number of reasons: maybe some unfinished business, loss of a loved one, not really sure they are not humanly alive any longer, among other things.

The 'ghost' may need for you to ask it to move on to be released without being frightened or unsure.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: