You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Demon Child?

Real Ghost Stories

A Demon Child?

 

I haven't experienced this, or any paranormal activity (yet), but my grandfather had informed me of his paranormal experience not long ago, and finding this site helpful I decided to post his story.

I do not really know any specific details about this home, but I assume it is quite old since my grandfather used to live there with his mother and many siblings. Due to the amount of siblings my grandfather had had to sleep on a sofa or an armchair. He had been asleep one night when he was awoken by a soft crying noise, terrified he opened his eyes to see a small crying boy in one of the corners. It didn't seem to possess any obvious demonic features, and it looked like a real boy, (I assume my grandfather would have told me if it did) but I'm very sure my grandfather had just closed his eyes and was too frightened to open them again. (after all, I would have too!)

The strange thing is, it sounded much too real to be a dream, and when he woke up the next morning there was a puddle of water where the "child" had been. My grandfather being rather logical would have told me if there were any windows or rain the previous night, or any other alternative water sources which could have caused it.

He then told me that he had informed a priest about his experience, the priest had told him that it was the devil, and that the devil sometimes takes the form of a crying child. Is this true?

If you need any more specific details, I'll ask my grandfather for more, just comment and ask!

Any help or information regarding the form of the "crying child" would be very much appreciated, since I still ponder about this form. I am a catholic, but I'm very open minded, so don't hesitate to show your opinion! :-)

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluelantern, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

L_22 (10 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
[at] kida demon can take any form they want but the usually takes the form of Large black dog πŸ˜‰
spdctrcu (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
I know that this site is for ghosts stories, but I think telling this maybe I can make some sense out of it. I must have been 15-18 years old and living at home with both parents and a younger sister. Parents at work and sister is at school, about 12 or 1 pm at home, in my bedroom laying down in my bed, woke up kind of sudden and tried to get up, my whole body felt like a ton of dead weight, unable to move, kept trying and trying and finally managed to get out of bed (its here that I knew I was dreaming, and have felt this great weight several times before), here is where it gets real strange, my bedroom door is at the end of a hallway an you see 1/2 of living room, saw these two kids, a boy and a girl both around the age of 10-12 years old, both were smiling and kind of dancing (?) around and both had been waving to me and gesturing for me to come down hallway and join them, no fear felt at this time and started walking to them, the left side of hall is shorter than the right wall and not seeing any one but those kids trying to figure out who they were. Something grabbed me from behind and I
Was in the sleeper hold, this thing sounded female and whispers in my ear that I am hers forever, while this is being said to my the two kids faces kind of (melted?) off and two gargoyles or demons still dancing around, this woman says that I am hers forever and then with a knife or something very sharp stabbed me in left ribcage, after that jerked awake and ran in to the bathroom and where I was stabbed was a big red area and hurting. To this day I can still feel that pain, and a couple more years it dawns on me that the great weight reported earlier was someone or something trying to keep me from getting up. Any comments?
Kida07 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
Nope! The devil usually take the form of a tall lanky man in a black suit, a black dog with red eyes or in Scotland: redheaded children.
Supposedly this is why redheads are hated this much by everyone except Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

But hey! I'm a redhead! I love my hair! And if I am a demonic child... The so be it!:)
thetonyx (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
i myself have suffered my whole early childhood by seeing things in my dreams like the future, the dead at nigth, but my personal problem that I think involves a demon was when I was in high school, I got into a fight and when I got hit, my vision went blurry and then I lifted my head and saw a figure, it looked like me in a way, it had blood running down from it's eyes and before I blackout it says "kill him." the sound of its voice sounded like a lot of people speaking in sync. And after I wake up again the person who hit me is lying under me and my hands are covered in his blood, I never meantioned this to anyone because I was affraid. It now speaks to me only in rare cases but I am now mostly in control of myseld, but I would need an answer regardin that what this thing is. Also may this have some connection with my family, my great grandmother is known as the village witch and she stained the family name by causing people to die by cursing them, (that's what the old folks are saying anyway) and when I do ask more no one tells me because they are affraid of something, I meant it, terrified
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
don't always assume that every spook and creeping thing you read about, hear about, etc is a demon. I literally live with 3 demons, I've heard no crying, I've only seen a dark silhouette of a child once in my bathroom, and I'll occasionally hear growling but for the most part, they are scared or terrified of me and won't come near me... And if they do come near me, they behave. Its my attitude that scares them, if you fear no evil then evil has nothing to do but fear you!
Violet_Ramirez (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
That was a soul sucker, soul eater, mara, etc.
Either way, it was a demon.
Not the devil.
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-26)
According to the bible, the Devil took the form of a serpent and man, there was no verse in the bible that said of Satan's transformation of a child. I highly doubt what your gramps saw was a demon.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Very typical answer for a priest to give. They tend to think that everything not related to God or the Bible is the Devil or something demonic. Honestly I can't say for sure what it was. It may have been a lost sprite. That would explain the crying and the puddle of water left behind. What I can't understand is why it was the same size as an ordinary boy. Even had it been a demon, it probably didn't mean any harm, otherwise it would have done something more than cry. I'm betting it was either a sprite or a spirit of a confused child.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Yes its Evil. Not the devil him self but his workers of course. Demons play off to be children but God leaves no child behind. Be safe and do not contact it. Pray in the blood of Jesus over and over. That will make it flee. May not leave the home but it has to flee. They Hate it. God bless.
crystal8495 (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
my mom is actually a witch. She told me that if you see or hear a crying child and you know there is no childeren around you or in the same place as you it is a sign that evil spirts or demons are near.
Live4more143 (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Being that its an old house, it could be anything.
The crying child, did your grandfather happen to see what it was wearing. Like clothing from a specific time period or something like that?

Also, being brought up catholic, anything that cannot be explained through god is considered "evil" or "the devil". So I wouldn't tae that too seriously. If it was a demon, it most likely would have tourmented someone in the house, especially since there was a lot of children.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
It doesn't SOUND demonic... But demons can do many things and transform themselves into different things.

The puddle of water has left my mind blank, though.

Take care ❀
BaronIronblood (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Greetings to all!

Although it might not be the case, I have heard accounts of children with demon faces being seen here in Malta.

In one instance, a young man was parked in the dark, in the vicinity of Ghar Hassan. Late at night, he was in company of a date.

Elaborations unnecessary, both persons heard the voice of a crying child, very young, disturbingly clear and vivid.

The thought of a kid running around on a cliff edge in such a remote area and time is already quite shocking in itself.

As the woman was looking for something down on the carpet, at that particular moment, the man held her head down while a toddler approached the vehicle from his side.

It had a very persistent and annoying cry, and also bore the head of a demon. The sight was absolutely repugnant and even though many years have gone by since, he is still disturbed in his sleep once in a while, when his subconscious recollects the episode...

Horrified, the man pulled the seat up and drove off with great haste and speed.

In another instance, one of my men was dating a friend of mine. It was around November last year when I got a knock on my door and he walked in, downcast and disturbed.

I brewed some of my earl grey and told him to sit by the fire. He heartily accepted the tea but was too jittery to sit down.

His main (concern and) reason behind his agitated state was due to the relationship coming apart. However, he was clearly troubled by some other thought...

I shall share the rest with you soon enough. If it tickles your fancy that is!

πŸ˜‰

Sincere regards

Ferrum et Sanguine
Onmia et Ubique!
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-25)
doesn't sound like anything demonic... And I'm just curious where did that puddle of water came from...
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
People who pass away tragically either in a home or outside are forever connected to that area. When I read your story and you said the next morning there was a puddle of water where the child had been makes me believe that this entity died tragically and is lost can't find his mom or dad and started to cry the water is just like ectoplasm its a form of the spirits energy. Maybe your grandfather or someone else who lives in the home can light a candle for peace and tell that soul that its passed on and move to the light if not its going to be lost. Usually when spirits show themselves they are looking for help. So help him.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Did the little boy drown?
Just curious because of the puddle
Very strange indeed
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
that was a interesting story. Hope you put more out so I can read them. I would be really scared if I were to see that of course I'm a scardy cat. 😨
rapunzel1997 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
I can help you with that. I too have heard of the devil in many diffrent forms. Here is what you do (1) Put out a bucket of holy water on the spot (2) Pour two buckets of salt on the floor in circle form. (3) chant jesus name if your faith is not strong enough he will only grow stronger and may cause you or your family pain. Be Careful! If this backfires and he knows your trying to get rid of him you will Somehow get hurt
Ciam14 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Sounds really creepy. If I would have saw that I would have tried tot alk to him although id be scared to death.
cash98 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-24)
ok my mother told me when you are upset or crying that's when you are weakest so the devil will try to get a hold of you so perhaps the devil was taking form of a crying boy or maybe your grandpa was sad or someone inthe family was sad do you know?
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
wooah! X x x

are you sure that it wasn't a real boy like... He could have gotten inside that night... Then again the priest! X

strange and good luck to you! X x x

update please! X x
bluelantern (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
He didn't have any other supernatural experiences, which makes me believe more that it could have been a ghost drawn to the house, or a very vivid dream. I don't know:S
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
WOW, that is so creepy. This story truly scared me! Has your grandfather ever had any other experiences after that night?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Hi bluelantern, I seem to have missed your question and your return comment to me.
In order for me to answer that question completely, I would have to walk you through MY belief system, and to do that, I think would involve us in a religious discussion, and possibly, debate. This is not the correct site for that, so I will just give you an overview of My beliefs in regards to your question.
No, I DO NOT think that the Devil can be ANYTHING it wants to be. I believe that the only Being that is able to take on ANY and EVERY form would be that of the Great Spirit. I believe that The Great Spirit protects those who are innocent, (small children, those with mental issues that make them "as small children")and would PREVENT such a thing from happening.
I also grew up Catholic, so I can see how the priest's (My brother is also a Priest) word on that was taken at face value, but then again, I believe in thinking on ALL aspects. If our God is a God of mercy, I can not see how he would ALLOW such a thing. To do so would be to be merciLESS.
Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
I'm not sure why some Catholic priests insist on pigeon-holing the supernatural. It seems really ignorant to me to try to force something one does not understand into an understand-able category. The truth is, nobody really knows much of anything about the paranormal. There are lots of theories and few facts other than these experiences are real.

As for your grandfather's experience, it seems as credible as any. The island of Malta has been inhabited for literally eons and is rich in history. There have probably been many opportunities for small boys to have traumatic experiences which result in tears--even years later in ghost form.

Thanks for the story. Cheers to Malta!
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
There are a few theories for black eyed people. Some say the person is a demon, others say it is demon possessed children. Most of the time they are very cunning and sly... I've heard things like: black eyed children asking for rides in the "victim's" vehicles. Almost all who help them usually end up dead. I don't know how they kill their "victims..." I'm sure I don't want to. I wish I could help more but I don't have any more knowledge on the subject so far.
bluelantern (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
<i>No offense intended bluelantern, but it seems that for most conservative christians, all ghost are "the devil" or "demons", so there isn't much more to learn from them than this.</i>

Martin, I for one don't believe that all paranormal entities are demons, and I wasn't agreeing with the priest, that's why I posted my story here πŸ˜‰

<i>Ask him about the child’s eyes, assuming he was able to see it. What colour were they? If the child's eyes were black, I don't think your grandfather would survive. After seeing the β€œthing” if they had been black. He may have seen what is called are called, "Black eyed people..." They are supposed to be very powerful and evil. If you EVER see one of them run, run as fast as you can. I've heard they are very manipulative. I have yet to see any, and I'm pretty sure I won't want to see them either.</I>

SchizoSephy, my grandpa is now almost 70 and healthy, I don't think it was black eyed. This is interesting though, why are black-eyed entities so dangerous?

<i>Hello bluelantern. I agree with Martin that most conservative Christians label everything in the paranormal field as satanic. Everyone that has psychic abilities is in "league with the devil..." As far as what your grandfather seen it could have been a residual or a vivid dream. The puddle of water in the corner could have been where he or one of his siblings could have been sleepwalking and peed in the floor. I say this because I came from a large family and I used to sleepwalk. One night when I was sleepwalking my mother caught me peeing in my older brother`s cowboy boots. I, like the majority find it hard to accept that the evil one can take the shape of an innocent. Thank you for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.</i>
FRAWIN, hahaha! I'm prone to sleepwalking as well, once I went to eat things from the fridge and my mother found me in the cupboard with chocolate wrappers around me in the morning πŸ˜†. Thanks for that explanation, it is very possible! Although maybe he would have known that they were sleepwalking? It is quite a coincidence that they peed in the exact same corner! Thank you for enjoying my story! πŸ˜‰

<i>No! The Devil can not share the same space as an innocent. No.
Sorry bluelantern, did not mean to be so aggressive here but I have seen so many stories posted about small, young children being demons and devils that I just...</i>

Whitebuffalo, can't the devil take any form it wants to? I mean, lots of demons seem to lead people on, using their sympathy or "human feelings" in this case. I'm not sayinig that this particular entity was a devil though!

<i>But I do believe maybe it was a sad ghost? It was crying, but when did water puddles come after ghosts? But it might have been connected to the spirit.

It sure was interesting to read, and I hope you submit more stories Thanks again</I>
I'll ask my grandfather for more information! Maybe a child died in that house, and was sad that my grandfather, as a boy, has a life? Thanks for enjoying my story!
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
I don't think it had anything to do with the devil. Sorry. But I believe there are 4 range of spirits the good spirits, angels, evil spirits and demons. The angels I feel are more like more "good" if you know what I mean and the same with demons, just a "more evil" or something like that.
But I do believe maybe it was a sad ghost? It was crying, but when did water puddles come after ghosts? But it might have been connected to the spirit.

It sure was interesting to read, and I hope you submit more stories πŸ˜‰ Thanks again 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Hello bluelantern. I agree with Martin that most conservative Christians label everything in the paranormal field as satanic. Everyone that has psychic abilities is in "league with the devil..." As far as what your grandfather seen it could have been a residual or a vivid dream. The puddle of water in the corner could have been where he or one of his siblings could have been sleepwalking and peed in the floor. I say this because I came from a large family and I used to sleepwalk. One night when I was sleepwalking my mother caught me peeing in my older brother`s cowboy boots. I, like the majority find it hard to accept that the evil one can take the shape of an innocent. Thank you for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.

FRAWIN ❀

p.s. My brother wasn`t happy with me for quite awhile. πŸ˜†
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
You are fine, SchizoSephy. Thank you for answering so quickly. No, I just misread what you wrote. I took it to mean the iris of the eye, and not the iris, pupil and the sclera. No harm, no foul.
I have heard people who meet me for the first time say that it is good that they met me by phone or fax before the personal experience. I guess my eyes scare people. The iris is deep brown, almost black and I thought I may have stumbled onto the reasons for people telling me that.
Thank you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: