You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost At My Grandmother's House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At My Grandmother's House

 

This is my first story and it didn't even happen at my house. I love going to my grandmother's house. It feels like my second home. But I'm positive it's haunted. This story happen happened before I was born but my dad told me about it.

It was Christmas and my dad was home alone at my grandmother's house. Everyone else-my mom, grandfather and grandmother- were at church. My aunt was running late.She's always running late. Always. But anyway my dad was watching T.V in the back room. Just to be clear if you're in the back room of my grandmother's house you have to go down a hall way turn left go down a little and then turn right to get to the steps. They would be on your left. And then there was the living room and front door. So my dad was just watching T.V when he heard someone or something run up the steps. He thought it was just my aunt getting something, so he called out "Hey Lizzie! I'm in the back room! Everyone else is at church!" No response. Lizzie is going to stand for my aunt's name. My dad shrugged and thought that maybe Lizzie didn't hear him. But after about ten minutes and she still hadn't come down he went to the bottom of the steps and yelled up that he was here. Still no response.

Later when everyone was home he asked Lizzie if she was at the house. She claimed that she wasn't. She said she went right to church never even passing the house. But my dad knew he heard someone run up the stairs. It was up them not down so nothing could have fallen. And it was loud like footsteps not the house settling.

Then something happened to me. I was at my grandmother's house for a sleepover. My grandmother and grandfather were at church but my aunt was watching me, and my sister and cousin -who were both born on the same day. They left super early and it wasn't until later that we learned my grandfather went to church too. We heard heavy footsteps up stairs. We thought it was just my grandfather. Later when they came home. My aunt gasped and said "You weren't upstairs?" Who was upstairs?

Now you may see a pattern. The owner's of the house weren't there when it happened, they were at church. It was all upstairs- or going upstairs for m dad's sake- and it sounded like someone but turned out not to be. My grandparents just laugh and say "it's the ghost." Or in other words it has been happened before! Is it a ghost? And why?

Other hauntings by Ghosts4ever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghosts4ever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ghosts4ever (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-23)
Jubeele

They said that they heard footsteps in the middle of the night, after my mom, aunt and uncle were grown up. They heard knocks on doors. But it happened again. I was at another sleepover and I hear footsteps upstairs. My grandfather was in the other room. My cousin and aunt weren't there yet. My sister was in the bathroom downstairs. I was in the kichten with my grandmother and mom. I have no idea what was upstairs. 😟 😟 😟
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
Are there any non-paranormal causes that have been explored? Heating systems can cause strange sounds as can plumbing and as both have conduits from upper to lower floors and vice versa, that could account for the sound's movement. Or a raccoon running on the roof? Just want to make sure all bases are covered.
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-29)
Hmmm, if it only happens at Christmas, it could be The Ghost of Christmas Past/Present/Future! 😊

Anno_Domini - that sounds like what my Mum would say! (Especially when she wanted us to go to Sunday School when we were little...) 😉
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
-2
6 years ago (2017-11-29)
Ghosts4ever I think you and your cousins should have gone to church 😁
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Hi Ghost4ever, how curious. Both times the footsteps were running up the steps. What was so interesting upstairs and why the hurry?

It seems to me that your grandparents might know more about the ghostly footsteps. Have you tried asking them if they had their own experiences and if they know who it could be? They might even be able to tell you something about the history of their house.

I notice you didn't mention anyone feeling afraid about it. Only rather surprised and puzzled. It could very well be a residual haunting, like an echo or a recording of an event happening over and over again.

Thanks for sharing your account. Welcome to YGS. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: