You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Footsteps in my Parents Room

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps in my Parents Room

 

It was a beautiful summer day until this happened. Sitting at home playing video games and watching t.v. nobody was home but me. What I experienced was very real. In the hour of 4, nobody had still come home. I was expecting my sister to be home any minute. That's when it happened. Footsteps in my parents room. My parents room is above the living room where I was playing games and watching t.v. I didn't notice the footsteps until I had turned the t.v. down. They were scary.

First they walked towards the door. Then back towards the window. So I went up to see if my parents were home. "Impossible!" I thought because no cars were home. When I got to the top of the stairs and checked the door it was locked. I knocked on the door and there was no answer. I kept hearing those footsteps downstairs. But at night they were up in the attic. There was actually one time I went up there and the footsteps were gone. But all the nails that were hanging out of the ceiling were now bent.

Another true story was when we were living in my uncle's house. My parents were gone and it was me my sister and her friend. We were sitting down watching a movie and my sister's friend had gotten up to get something to drink, we paused the movie and that's when we heard them. People downstairs in the basement shooting around on the pool table, when me and my sister got up to check nobody was down there. We never heard those sounds again but we were wary of them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Icamaiga8000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

team_marowak (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-31)
hi this is team_marowak, if you hear those footsteps close your eyes and listen to the exact location from where did it came. 😐
ruby13 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
hi,
These footsteps your hearing, how do they sound?-as if someone was mad? Just casual? Please tell me this and I might know who it is... As my friend lives not far from you and she has told me exactly the same thing! Thank-you Ruby x
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Hello Icamaiga8000. Thank you for sharing your story with us. While I think you don`t have anything to be afraid of, I believe I would be curious enough to try to find the cause of it.

FRAWIN
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Hi Icamaiga8000. I can relate with hearing footsteps when there is no one but yourself around. Maybe the footsteps are around more than you realize. When things are loud and busy, you tend not to pay attention to these types of things. How long have you lived in this house? Do you know any of the history? If not, find out. Ask your parent's if they ever hear the footsteps. I know that I used to hear footsteps at my ex-in-laws house. It always happened when I was by myself in the upstairs bedroom with the door shut. I would hear the creaking of someone walking up the stairs and then down the upstairs hallway but when I would open the door and look everywhere in the house, no one would be there. CREEPY! It seems harmless. Doesn't sound like there is anything to be scared about but I would talk to your parent's if I were you just to see what they say. ~Shelby ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
I would think, that seeing as to how most of the footsteps that you are hearing are coming from your parents room that they may be hearing them too. Have you asked them about it?
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Hi Icamaiga8000. You don't say that this is a frequent happening, so you only hear them every now and then? Does anyone else hear the steps when they are alone or is it just when you're with them? Are you a teen? Have you been under any pressure or stressed out around the times when this has happened? I wonder because you might be causing it with your own energy. It doesn't sound like out-right poltergeist activity, though I think it might be something similar. If it is then I think you'll have to wait it out. Let us know if anything changes. Thanks for sharing your story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
hmmm, I am a bit confused. The footsteps you first heard in your parents room continued at night or moved to the attic? Did this occur when others were home or only when you where home alone?

God Blessq!
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Wow, thanks for the story. But I think those ghosts were bound to the houses, maybe you should try to communicate with them in a way?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: