You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Guardian Storm And The Demonic Intruder

Real Ghost Stories

The Guardian Storm And The Demonic Intruder

 

This was the first time I've ever experienced paranormal activity. These events occurred two, years ago. My family and I moved from Florida, to Indiana so we could live near my father's relatives. My parents purchased a two story house built in 1990 from the owners' daughter. The previous owner wanted to move because they had lost their son do to a asthma attack a year before and it was too painful for the parents to live there.

The activity didn't start for a month after we moved in. I was in my room doing homework when I heard knocking and scratching in the attic. I told my dad he got a revolver in case it was a raccoon and headed to the attic. He didn't find anything and he called an exterminator the next morning. The exterminator told us there weren't any pest in the house or any entrances they could use to get in. The knocks and scratches continued.

About two weeks later my little brother Bobby began waking up screaming. We asked him. What happened? He said he saw a monster. We assumed it was just an eight year olds over active imagination and dismissed it.

A few days later I was watching tv in my room and heard a very loud banging in the attic. I thought a fight broke out up there so I told my dad. He got a revolver and went to the attic. He called us up there a few minutes later. The attic was destroyed it looked like someone had taken a bat and went mad. There was a broken window several unpacked boxes were thrown about their contents all over the floor. We called the police they came out, and they couldn't find anything. It had snowed that night and they couldn't find any tracks leading to or away from our house. The noises continued.

Not long after my baby sister Annie started waking up wailing more than usual. She could say a few words, she said "Bad man," pointing at an empty corner in the room. We didn't know what to do both Bobby and Annie were having nightmares.

A week later I had the house to myself. My brother was at a sleep over and my parents took Annie with them to spend the night at grandma and grandpa's house. While I was cooking a little dinner I saw movement out of the corner of my eye I got curious and went to check it out. I saw a tall shadow, that was as best I can describe, was darker than the darkness around it. The shadow took a step towards me and I ran out the house to a neighbor's house for help.

When my parents came home the next day we all walked inside looking around. I thought I was going mad.

A few days later when I was walking in the front door I glanced at the up stairs and froze. Leaning over the guard rail was a man he looked like he was in his late teens, to early twenties and looked absolutely furious due to the glare he was giving me. I screamed, my mom ran in and saw the man too. I blinked and he was gone. My mom and I promised to keep it between us so as not to make the situation with the family worse.

After that everything stopped no scratches or knocks, my brother and sister were even able to sleep peacefully for about a month. Then my brothers birthday came. He was running around up stair excited, I poked my head out intending to tell him to be careful. When He turned towards me he missed a step, and started to fall down the stairs. I was terrified. Then he stopped he was in mid air the back of his shirt looked bunched up like someone grabbed him from behind. Bobby was sat at the top stair and was just as shocked as me. When I wrapped my mind around that something saved my little brother I said out loud, "Thank you to whoever saved my brother."

A couple days later my father was checking on Annie when he said he saw a man leaning on the wall looking at Annie and he described the man mom and I, had seen. That night the whole family talked about the fact that our house was haunted.

The next day, we had a sensitive walk the house. She said, "You folks have two entities here." One was the late son of the previous owner and the other was a demon. She told us the son who wanted to be known as Cyclone had been fighting to keep us safe and the reason we saw him at times was because he was watching over us. The demon had been scaring Bobby and Annie along with me. She said we'd have to do a house cleansing. After we did the cleansing the demon was gone. We still see Cyclone on occasion but now he is like a part of the family.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Faith456, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
I don't get the impression that Cyclone is trying to fool anyone. He seems like a young man taken too soon who has found a purpose looking after a new young family. He may not have gone with his parents because he knows they have to move on and be happy again. He may not have crossed over because he isn't ready yet. He seems to be happy where he is right now - I say let him enjoy this time on earth. I think he'll know when it's his time to cross over- my guess would be when your children are grown.
Faith456 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
Lady glow to answer your questions first the sensitive did not meet the original owner until after the cleansing second Cyclone requested to be allowed to stay at our home I don't know why but I'm sure he has his reasons and yes my little brother interacts with him from time to time and as for my little sister she named him Mr. Cyclone and has tea party's with him regularly as for his family they accept his choice to stay here I'm 90% sure he means no harm
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
Faith - thanks for replying though, to be honest, your answer only made me more curious about your narrative.

Since you keep in touch with the previous owners, have you ever mentioned to them that their child is still hanging around the house? Don't you think it is time for Cyclone to move on from this plane?
I have my doubts about his need to stay in your house if the demon is gone, there's no reason for his protection anymore and, why hasn't he gone to his parents current place? In my opinion, comforting his grieving mother would be a priority now that there's no danger in your place. Do any of your little siblings interact with him?

As for the sensitive, I know (and not only from TV) that mediums prefer not to know anything when investigating a case, as a way to avoid influencing their findings with any information obtained beforehand.
Do you mean Cyclone's family ask for the sensitive's assistance before selling the house or does it mean that s/he talked to the family after your parents asked them to come?

Are you sure Cyclone isn't a negative spirit pretending to be nice while gaining your family's trust, as suggested by RC?
Faith456 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
Lady-glow the sensitive asked the previous family if they had any clue cyclones father said while his mother was grief stricken over his death she used a Ouija board to try and talk to cyclone the sensitive believed the demon sensed her terrible state and came through the board and as for the cleansing the sensitive and my mother did it with sage and holy water
Faith456 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
We do still see cyclone every now and then I've spoken with the previous family apparently cyclone was a nickname he was given since he had been fascinated with weather at a young age and as for the glare his mother told me he was a I think it's called a perpetual frowner or in am and resting b**** face
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-03)
Hi, Faith.

I just stopped in to reread your account as something about it seemed a bit off and I wanted to meditate.

This line stood out especially:

A few days later when I was walking in the front door I glanced at the up stairs and froze. Leaning over the guard rail was a man he looked like he was in his late teens, to early twenties and looked absolutely furious due to the glare he was giving me.

This being, I think, the first time you saw Cyclone (an odd name but hey, if that's what he wants to be called, who am I to judge?) it made me wonder if Cyclone is also the demonic presence trying to lure you into a false sense of security?

This was a few years ago, and I get the impression from your narration of events that nothing has happened since, so I very well could be wrong. It's just something that stood out to me, based on other experiences.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-03)
I forgot to say it before, now it is time to help Cyclone to cross over.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-03)
I'm glad there wasn't a raccoon in the attic. I can only imagine a bunch of holes in the ceiling if your dad would have had to shoot at it, not to mention the bloody mess!

Did the sensitive tell you how the demon got in the house?

Cyclone sure sounds like a superhero without a cape, and kind of old to ask to be called by such a name... And the demon just like a nuisance if it got banished after just one cleansing.
May I ask what did you do in this cleansing? Did you do it by yourselves or did you ask for religious help?

Anyway, I'm glad to hear everything work fine and was so easy for your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: