You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Odd Sensations And Strange Experiences With Cats

Real Ghost Stories

Odd Sensations And Strange Experiences With Cats

 

Starting not so long ago over the late summer, I have been feeling as though I am watched, and chills go up my spine nowadays in warm rooms of my home. I feel drafts when no windows are open, and my cat keeps staring at nothing and bounding away down the hallway. Plus, my cat goes crazy when in the basement alone, and keeps meowing until I follow her. At night, I wake up to a slight change in the bedroom, such as the door halfway shut. My parents and siblings don't enter my room late at night, either, although the cat may be responsible for the door shutting. Also, I sometimes trip in the hallways, and a lot more than the typical person. Maybe I'm just clumsy?. This so-called 'ghost' seems to follow me everywhere, so it may be a possible poltergeist...?

Now here things get interesting. When I am on the computer, reading a book, or on my phone, and minding my own business, I sometimes feel an occasional tap on the shoulder, lighter than a typical finger or human hand, or even a playful nudge to the rib if I find something interesting in/on my book or device. The ghost appears to not be much of a threat and is probably a bit lonely. This ghost also appears to be a bit playful, proved by the computer turning on by itself or I feel like I'm being tickled but I can't laugh, no matter how strong the sensation. I can't tell what is truly going on. To be clear, I wouldn't say I am worried about much at the moment, and think that what seems to be a ghost means no harm.

Things seemed to have calmed down a bit over time, and my cat is rather at peace, and the day I am writing this, the computer turned on by itself and my sister's cat was meowing at me as she tried to open several drawers in my room for a strange reason I am unsure about. Both cats wanted to open the closet today. Maybe they sensed something? Cats can probably see things humans cannot, after all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FangCat101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-27)
FangCat101,

I'll just add that (being owned by a cat) they also have very sensitive hearing. The family cat used to freak me out by staring at a spot on the wall, looking at me and eventually start meowing.

The wall was double brick (had a wall cavity) and she could hear insects making faint scratching noises as they scurried around inside the wall - sounds that I could not hear.

Look after your crazy cats - there is method in their madness.

Regards
Rex-T
FangCat101 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-27)
Ah, yes, those sensations could also be the wind or some other source. Thank you for your comment! I just found it unusual that they brought it a little over the top. Well, thanks for your opinion! Over time, all this kind of stopped, anyway. Only my crazy cats remain. Haha.
publicways (32 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-21)
Cats are very curious by nature. It's certainly not unusual for a cat to meow by a door. It's not because a ghost is inside; it's because they are curious and want to explore. You can easily see how the doors are opening and closing by setting up a camera. In all likelihood there is nothing paranormal happening here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: