You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Argument

Real Ghost Stories

The Argument

 

It is not uncommon for a mother and a daughter to get into arguments. However, it is odd how this argument came to an end.

I at the time was around sixteen years old, and me being sixteen liked to argue my point across. But one day my argument turned into a larger dispute with my mother.

We were in the living room yelling across at each other, we were becoming more infuriated, and in my mind at the time I remembered we weren't going to get over this argument like we normally do.

As this argument had came to climax; On the table that held the car keys and a stack of paper, the papers and car keys went flying right in the center of the living room floor. No one had touched them, and there was no draft or fan on to blow anything. It just landed perfectly in the center of the living room floor.

I remember turning to my mom and looking at her and at almost the same time we both asked "Did you see that?" It was something that was so crazy to have occurred that we were stunned.

Needless to say our argument ended, and after that there was almost a peace in the air rather than anger and hostility that we had before. I had walked over and picked up the papers and keys and placed them back on the table like they were before.

We tried to go back to normal after that and didn't really talk about it until later. But when my mom decided to talk about it she also tried to make it a joke and said "Well, I guess someone doesn't like us arguing."

I don't know what type of spirit to this day cares whether or not a mother and a daughter argue. But I'd like to think it was a guardian angel of some sort.

Other hauntings by Kaitiebug123

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kaitiebug123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
Augusta - Telekinetic energy, caused by a (commonly) pubescent child, creates what are referred to as poltergeists. Poltergeists however can become semi-autonomous while comitting their mischief and this might be where your confusion between the two is stemming from.

The discussion of telekinesis and poltergeist activity is ongoing within psychical research circles and seems somewhat fluid. That said, most books on poltergeist activity almost always refer to the telekinesis the suspected agent is generating as the the energy behind the poltergeist activity which is usually more complex than an errant telekinetic event. Hope this helps a bit, I'm running out to work!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
Just a question based on comments here and on other similar accounts involving paranormal activity around teens - is there a difference between telekinesis and a poltergeist?

I had thought telekinesis was paranormal activity generated either intentionally or otherwise by the tumult of the teen years, puberty etc and poltergeist were 'noisy ghosts' - spirits with physical capabilities attracted by the large amounts of energies produced during the teen years. So one is a somewhat rare neurological capability while the other is a spirit - in as much as I have understood; intrinsic vs extrinsic. However, it seems in many discussions here, typically only the term poltergeist is used or the two are used rather interchangeably.

So my question remains - is there actually a difference?
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-23)
Katiebug, interesting reading. Manafon has a very good point to his argument that it may very well be poltergeist activity given your age and the tension of the argument, it is after all known to occur in the teenage years, especially among females. However as he also mentioned it could possibly be paranormal in nature. Consider this, I am a 55 year old male and shared an experience in a recent post very similar to yours, where a pack of unopened plastic trays used for surgical instruments were literally thrown from the top of a metal storage locker. You can read the post here: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25204. If other odd events continue to occur I would suggest keeping a journal to record what is happening at the time, so as to help you better understand what is actually transpiring.

Thanks for sharing

Best
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-23)
Hi katiebug - Your account seems to suggest poltergeist activity that was potentially incited by the argument you were having with your mother. Sixteen is an age when a person is experiencing a lot of physical changes and the frustrations common to people of that age can manifest by the teenager unwittingly moving small objects just as happened in your account.

I experienced several poltergeist like incidents when I was a teenager that I believe were brought on by typical teenage angst and frustration. Poltergeist activity seems a strong possibility in your case. Try to recall any other unexplainable incidents during your teenage years (I believe you are still a teenager so you may still be experiencing them), particularly when you were going through puberty, when objects moved or doors or drawers opened without an identifiable source. If there were other incidents that would strengthen the poltergeist theory. Of course it could be a stand alone incident as well brought about by the intensity of your argument.

Of course it could have been a ghost intervening to break up your argument but your age and the fact that you were in a heated argument and experiencing strong emotion suggests you unwittingly manifested poltergeist activity. Interesting account. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: