You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Breathing In My Bathroom And Talking To Loved Ones

Real Ghost Stories

Breathing In My Bathroom And Talking To Loved Ones

 

I have always been open to the paranormal but until last night, (once I took a photo of what could have been my father who unfortunately passed away 8 years ago) I can't think of anything that has happened to me. I woke up at about 4:30am and went to the bathroom. While I was in there I could hear repetitive quiet sounds. At first I brushed it off but it wouldn't stop. It sounded a lot like breathing and I got quite anxious. It kept happening for a good 10 minutes which didn't make sense to me because I thought it would have stopped. I left the room and went back to bed and nothing else happened. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I'm really curious about what it could have been because my family has expressed having feelings of anxiety and being watched. I have my fathers ashes in the house could that stir something up?

Could these experiences be related to my father and his passing? I should also mention that my Grandfather passed away about a month ago. I never met him but I felt some kind of connection due to the fact that we're related. I've wanted to try and communicate with certain people including my father but I don't know if that would just make things worse. Like I have said I Am very open to the afterlife, it's a big interest of mine that I do want to investigate. That's another thing I'm curious about. Is there a way I can look into these sorts of things without having a negative outcome? As in communication I know that it's possible for other ghosts, entity's etc to use this as a gateway but I want to avoid that with anyone or anything that I don't intend on communicating with. Any ideas, info or suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MoonwalkerQueen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-07)
There is no sense living in fear or ignorance of experiences effecting your life. If there is an entity in your home, you might want to know about it. Is it your father? Only investigation will tell. Do a bit of research on your home and the surrounding property -library, internet, public records, long time residents- to see if you can find any leads there. Then perhaps try a cleansing- there is a well respected method provided by a member here (rookdygin) and many from various faiths to be found on the internet. I would recommend doing a bit of research on various methods and their reasonings so you will feel more informed and confident - belief in yourself is everything. In theory, cleansings only get rid of negative spirits so if what you are dealing with is something bad, that should take care of it. If it is your father, in theory, he wouldn't be effected. Then, I don't see any reason why you couldn't have a bit of a talk.

Of course, some members here have had just as much success eschewing the cleansing process and simply having a sit down talk with the entities in their homes. Some meditate first, others don't. Some speak aloud, others in their head. They often lay down ground rules for example "I know you are here and that is fine but this is my home now and I'm not going anywhere so its my rules here. No scaring me or the pets...etc"

Above all, I don't think you need to make any decision out of a place of apprehension or fear. Knowledge is power.
Maelstrom (23 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
A suggestion, your phone should have a voice recorder. The next time you feel a presence, turn it on and ask who it is, what they want, etc. Then play it back.
Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-24)
Hi MoonwalkerQueen -
It was quite interesting to read this; I have experienced something similar: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24678
Yes, I think it is a spirit trying to communicate his presence:)
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-24)
Welcome to YGS and merry Xmas from a fellow Aussie,

Please don't think I am lecturing you, I'm simply sharing what has worked for me other the years.

I can understand your yearnings to talk to your father. My dad passed when I was 17 and I realized that I knew so little about him.

It was surprising where information came from. Work colleagues would tell me legendary tales of his questionable work exploits. My Aunty acquired his war records in Papua New Guinea during WW2.

All this made me want to talk to him even more but this voice in my head (that sounded like dad) would tell me 'don't take stupid risks'. I came to accept that one bright sunny day we would have a long chat.

As previous poster suggests, it's your choice, just be careful.

Regards
Rex-T
Edonojie-Word (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-23)
If You Choose To Connect To Your Father, for What Purpose?
You Can Anyways., but There May Always Be Repercussions. Becareful, that's All.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: