You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daughter's Visiting Lost Boy

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Visiting Lost Boy

 

Hold on to your seats folks, this is about to get bumpy -Goosebumpy- The details of the boy are deliberately vague because... Well you will understand after you read the entire story, and if you don't, ask me in comments and I will tell you.

When my children were 5 and 7 respectively we moved into our new home in Nebraska. It was built in the early 1970s and had a single owner who we bought it from.

I had zero feelings of paranormal from this house. Not long after we moved into the house my daughter started to refuse to sleep in her room. At first she wouldn't say why, then she started talking about a 'boy' in her room scaring her. We thought it was just a nightmare. This went on for a while, and finally, after several nights of interrupted sleep, I demanded she write down every darn thing she knew about this 'boy.' I expected a kind of 'imaginary friend' description.

Nope. She gave me the first name, age, what the boy was wearing and not wearing, physical description, eye, hair, skin color. Even described an injury, and the fact that he was dead and that nobody had found him. He was all alone.

So, I looked up kids on the Missing and Exploited kids database, printed all of them who met the requirements she had laid out (age, gender, race, hair color, eye color) and printed out the pictures. I deliberately didn't look at any other information (including first name). I handed them to my daughter and asked her if any of them were the boy. She didn't hesitate to look through them. She took one and handed it to me.

TOGETHER we went to the website and looked up the boy. Every single thing she said was true. The boy's name, his age, what he was wearing - and not wearing - EVERY SINGLE THING. We both got over our freak outs - but I stopped protesting her not sleeping in her room.

Please remember, my daughter was 6 at the time. This was the 90's and children were not given access to the internet as freely as today. In fact I will go on to explain that my children were limited to an hour of television a day after school. There was no way my daughter could have heard about this missing boy from television or internet. The schools here did not have a 'missing children's milk carton' program until the late 90s, a year after this happened. Although being 6, it would be unlikely that she could read and understand even if one did exist.

To this day, this is an ongoing, open missing person case. Here are a few things we learned. The boy disappeared 2 years before my husband and I met. My husband was actually in the same city as the boy when he disappeared, although my hubby says he never met or saw the boy. My daughter was born 5 years after the boy vanished. He vanished in an east coast city. My daughter was born in Key West Florida and lived there until we moved to Nebraska. No obvious tie there. I lived in California when the boy vanished and have never been to the state where he lived. The only similarity between us is that my son passed the same year and month the boy disappeared.

So what did I do? On the recommendation of people in a psychic chat room I contacted a famous (tv) psychic via email and asked advice. They actually were interested in my daughter's 'gift' and if she would like to develop it. She gave a definitive NO NO NO. It was scary and hurt. Her words not mine. The psychic gave me a contact for someone in my area to come and assess/cleanse the house. I wasted no time contacting them. They came by and did a cleansing. They wouldn't accept money so I paid them in a batch of warm homemade brownies.

When my daughter came home she knew immediately that he was gone. I didn't tell her, or anyone else about the cleansing. My hubby would have had a fit with me bringing those scammers into our home. However, she slept peacefully in that room for years after. She never discusses this and although on occasion she has shown signs of her gift of seeing, she completely eschews everything paranormal.

Even now when I think of it, I have very mixed feelings. It feels incomplete to me, like there is more to do, but what? I am not the one who had the visitation and I have nothing new I can add to his missing person's case.

In any case, I would love comments and suggestions.

Maggie

Other hauntings by MaggieMay_Not

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaggieMay_Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MaggieMay_Not (15 stories) (106 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-09)
AugustaM - Thank you for the response. I didn't know much about cleansing then. My perspective previous to that was entirely different. My father raised us to be respectful, courteous, and above all WARY of entities. His ways of protection are through natural grounding, talismans, and respectful avoidance. Later, I learned from others about shielding through other means, but that does NOT mean I don't have blessed and black salt around my home - if you ever visit me you may notice - lol - a few people have suggested better housekeeping/vacuuming my corners.

As for my husband - I... I have an odd feeling about asking him to more, like I shouldn't. Not because of HIS reaction but because of what I might find. The thought that comes to mind is - my hubby is a recovering alcoholic, and he tells stories of incidents of black out drunkenness. I wonder if he saw something during one of those periods - or saw something that caused him to drink to forget. My husband when drunk is a jovial, laughing, party drunk, loud and obnoxious, but I've never seen him violent when drunk. I could see him witnessing something, maybe forming a bond that way, and not realizing it. This is the same guy who, while bombed out of his mind, had a whole conversation with his dead Grandmother, called it a weird dream when he sobered up. Thing is, I was right there - it was NOT a dream. She scared the ever living heck out of me when she was alive. Being dead didn't change that. Probably the meanest nice person I've ever met.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-08)
The group who came to your home may have passed his spirit over/showed him how to go 'to the light' and simply referred to their process as a cleansing for whatever reason. I don't get the feeling that this boy was a mask employed by something more sinister to trick your daughter - just a gut feeling.

Maybe your husband saw something the night of the incident that he doesn't realize he saw. Maybe someone standing right near him was actually the abductor- he would have had no way of knowing but it might have caused the link to form. Has he ever thought to undergo hypnosis to see what details he could bring back from that night? Granted he may be unwilling given his views on paranormal investigators... But its the only avenue I can come up with that you haven't already investigated.
MaggieMay_Not (15 stories) (106 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-01)
Rookdygin - Actually I've kept up on the story from the website and nothing has been added. To the best of my knowledge the psychic never did anything about his.

The TV Psychic has since retired and I have no clue how to contact him as he has gone off grid.

I have no idea of the type of cleansing they did, although they did say that there were no more problems. To me that sounds like they did something broad spectrum.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-27)
This happened in Nebraska... But the missing child was from a city on the East Coast... Did I get that right?

It seems POSSIBLE that this child may have died near the house you bought in Nebraska... And that he reached out to someone of similar age (My gut says this 'boy spirit' was between the ages of 7-10) and that he reached out because of your Daughters 'sensitivity to spirits'.

I am not saying this missing boy was ever in your home... But my gut is saying there is a good chance it was with-in a 25 mile radius from your homes location at that time.

Did the 'TV' psychic 'work this case' anymore... Or were they more interested in your daughters ability? I do like the fact that who ever came out to preform the cleansing did it for 'free' rather than charge you.

It gives me a moment of pause wondering 'why' the spirit of this boy moved on after the cleansing... That could indicate a few of things...

1) It was not actually a spirit of a 'boy' but something 'not so nice'.

2) The cleansing ritual was not directed at just negative spirits/entities but at any spirits in the home.

3) The boys spirit realized it was actually scaring your daughter and moved on to prevent doing that.

4) IF the 'TV' medium actually followed up on the details provided by you then perhaps the spirit 'relocated' in order to have better contact with the individual who was trying to help them.

You say this...

"Even now when I think of it, I have very mixed feelings. It feels incomplete to me, like there is more to do, but what? I am not the one who had the visitation and I have nothing new I can add to his missing person's case."

Check the Missing and Exploited kids database again, see if there have been any updates to the case of the boy your daughter identified. You could also reach out to the 'tv' physic you contacted and see if they remember you and if they have any information concerning this case.

Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-27)
Maggie - The little boy who appeared to your daughter must have known that in some way she would be able to help him move on. He was right, she helped him through you.

Very interesting and heart-wrenching experience. If only one could let his parents know without opening old wounds.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
MMN - thanks for your feedback! ❤
I'm looking forward to your next submission.
MaggieMay_Not (15 stories) (106 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
lady_glow I am sorry I confused you. My Husband was not my first son's father. He was born and died before I met my husband. I had another son and a daughter with my husband. I hope that clears things up.

Maggie
MaggieMay_Not (15 stories) (106 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
RCRuskin. Yeah, I know. Thinking of him and what his parents have ghone through makes my heart ache. I try to avoid commercial psychics but I was seriously at my wits end to help my daughter. I did not feel ANY paranormal activity, not even a cold spot. This particular man, a Canadian TV psychic, was very helpful, very professional, and very respectful of my daughter's wishes. I deliberately steered clear of any kind of contact with the missing child's family because they have been burned very badly by the fakers. A strange woman from thousands of miles away telling them her 6 year old daughter was seeing their son... It would have been bad.
MaggieMay_Not (15 stories) (106 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
MrRiggs - I have no clue of linkage. My husband was in the USN at the time and lived aboard the ship. He DID mention that the place the boy was last seen - at a specific fire that occurred that - was one he remembers being very close to where he was at the time, just down the block. He says he even stood and watch the firemen putting out the fire. The boy was last seen watching the same fire on the other side of the park. His shoe was found near where he was last seen. My hubby is the ultimate skeptic... With flashes of belief that falls back to skepticism. My son passing, no, I don't think there is a tie. When my next story posts, which is my son's story, you will understand my certainty in that.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
I got CONFUSED!

"...The boy disappeared 2 years before my husband and I met. My husband was actually in the same city as the boy when he disappeared,... My daughter was born 5 years after the boy vanished. He vanished in an east coast city. My daughter was born in Key West Florida and lived there until we moved to Nebraska... The only similarity between us is that my son passed the same year and month the boy disappeared."

I'm not being nosy, just trying to understand better your narrative, - Do you mean you had a child from a previous relationship and he died the same day the boy disappeared? Do you think he had the same abilities than your daughter?
Has your daughter ever mentioned having contact with her (half) brother during and/or after these visitations?

Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-25)
😢

Very sad to hear about the boy, and what your daughter and you were able to find out. Some of those folks are fakers, they come in all professions and walks of life, but some are legit, having a gift.

Not having children to worry about myself, I probably would have tried to find a legit psychic to help locate the boy's remains. I wonder if the previous owner had any connection to the boy.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-25)
Accepting all that you have provided, the question appears to be why your house? Where is the linkage?

Two possible links rise to the fore. The first is that it appears that your husband and the boy were collocated in only the most general sense. Could your husband's profession possibly be related in some way? Law enforcement or emergency services serve as examples. Also, your husband may have his own paranormal gift, possibly latent.

The second is linkage to your departed son, given the timing. Perhaps your son guided this boy to your home. Your son could be aware of your interest and your daughter's gift.

It sounds like a spirit rescue or resolution could have been the hoped for intent, no matter what the connection is. That, by the way, is simply a guess.

Like you, this feels incomplete to me. A priority would seem to be locating and recovering the remains, which may comfort the boy and determine cause of death.

You might consult with a skilled psychic medium and seek their input. Your daughter might be a potential resource in this case. That, of course, is a sensitive family matter.

I wish you the best with this. You have a mystery on your hands.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: