You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dreaming Of A Red Christmas

Real Ghost Stories

Dreaming Of A Red Christmas

 

To start off, this activity occurred a few weeks ago, around the start of December. I've only just now gotten around to writing it down. A lot of this ties back to another thing I wrote, Childhood Ghosts. I'd advise you read that first before you read this. It'll make a bit more sense.

When I was a child, I use to have dreams of a First Nation's village burning down. Recently I've had to go back to my old place to tie up some loose ends. Plus it's been almost four years and I still haven't finished moving the rest of my items to the house I'm living in now, and I kind of need my things. I spent about a week and a half there, and in that week and a half, I had a recurring dream, and perhaps a ghost (?) that still bothers me a bit.

The dream starts off with a little wooden house, and it's brightly lit. It's snowing, and it just feels peaceful. To me, it felt like it was Christmas. I blink, and then everything is different. The lights aren't on anymore, and it's stopped snowing. Walked inside, and it's horrifying. From what I saw, it looked like a family of three (father, mother, and a baby) was killed. I never saw their faces, I just saw their bodies and the insane amount of blood. It honestly looked like someone took an axe to these people. The crib was the worst. I never looked in, but I could see the bloodstained blankets. I stood there for a bit listening to the wind and the dripping of what was most likely blood, then I'd wake up.

Just a small note, my old place had a huge yard and several old buildings. But, down the road was my grandpa's field that actually connects to my yard. That's where he'd put his cows for the winter, and there was an old building that was falling apart that my grandparents called the Anderson House. I still don't know why, but according to grandpa, it's been there as long as he can remember. And it looked freakishly like the house from that little dream of mine. I've never gone into the building. There were way too many spiders for my comfort. It's also winter up here in Canada, so there probably weren't any spiders. Being the dumb teenager I am, I went in. I don't even know how to describe it, but I got the weirdest feeling ever. I felt like any second something was going to get me, I just didn't know what. Personally, I think I was just freaking myself out.

Towards the end of the week, I was back at grandpa's field feeding his herd of cattle for him (he's pushing 85, and farming is pretty hard on him. He's just to damn determined to quit) and someone was there. To be honest? It looked like some guy had waltzed right out of a black and white film. He was just standing in front of the Anderson house and just staring at me. I have no idea how long we stared at each other before he was just gone. I blinked, and bam. No more ghost.

I've got no idea what to make of this. Perhaps it was the man from the murder scene? Maybe just some lost soul? It can't be a coincidence, but I've got to wonder why now? I'd only been back for just over a week and weird things were happening? Especially since the last weird dream I had was many months ago, and the only spirit activity I've encountered lately is some shadow that enjoys the corners of my basement. It's really weird, and I'm not sure what to do.

Other hauntings by NightlyEclipse

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightlyEclipse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-28)
[at] Jubeele In my old area, civilization is at least hour away in any direction. Keep in mind that a town wasn't really put together just yet. They had the basic necessities and the more people they got, the more they had. Hence the newspaper. It wasn't there for a few years when the town was just starting.
I'm seriously considering asking my grandparents to get a priest or something.

[at] lady_glow Thank you for the information! I'll be sure to look into when I get a chance.
My grandpa inherited the land from his father and mother. As for the year of the Anderson house burning down, that I don't know. The house got its name from the last family who lived there and was around when my grandpa was a little boy. Its actual name might not even be Anderson. I found out it was a replica when I asked my grannie how long it had been standing, and she told me it once burnt down. Grandpa never mentioned that it burnt down. The only reason a replica was built was that a new family had come in and needed a home.
The information I have has a lot of holes in it, and isn't very reliable seeing as it came from my grandpa who honestly isn't all there anymore. It sucks, but it is what it is.
I'm starting to think that maybe these dreams didn't happen. Either that, or it was a very good cover up.
Thank you for the information once again. I'll check it out after the new year. Merry (late) Christmas!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
NightlyEclipse: how long has this particular land belonged to your grandfather? Did he inherit/buy it from his own parents?
Since you find some information about the original Anderson's place burning to the ground, I assume you know the year this happened and that could provide a solid lead about the previous owners of the house.

Have you tried looking for information in the Alberta Homestead Index? Http://www.abgenealogy.ca/ab-homestead-index-page

Since you know the location of the land and a family name, you could access their database with the records of the previous owners of the place.

I consider the following article interesting and, possibly, helpful in your research:
Http://www.abgenealogy.ca/1870-1930-homestead-project?mid=1155

I can only imagine how unsettling this dream must have been for you but, so far, there's no evidence of the triple murder in the little house in the prairies and, according to a Mexican say "en pueblo chico, chisme grande" (to small town, greatest gossip), the disappearance of a whole family wouldn't have been easy to go unnoticed, even if no one witnessed the gory scene in your dream because the house burned to the ground erasing any trace of foul play; a fire would have been investigated. Surely the family would have been missed from a church.

I'm curious about your stories and, haven't found anything pointing to a massacre of first nations people in the Calgary area. The following article from Wikipedia is a list of massacres in Canada:
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Canada

It's hard to say if your dreams are visions from the past or just dreams but, like someone told me once "when you dream about people dying in a violent way, just say a prayer for their souls to find peace."

Thanks for sharing.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
Hi Nightly, that's some rugged country. I wonder if their deaths were unreported or hidden, official records may just list them as "missing persons".

Perhaps the sprirts are seeking some acknowledgement of their passing and they need some closure? I'm no expert in such matters though. Maybe a priest or someone else with the proper experience that might be able to help you further.

Wishing you all the best.
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
[at] Jubeele A lot of the neighbors around are new ones who've only been here for about ten years (in that specific area, anything under 15 years is considered "new." I don't know why.) They wouldn't know a lot about the history. I can try and scrounge around, but I'm not sure how much I'd find.

Do keep in mind that I use to live in the middle of the prairies, and any kind of human contact would have been at least an hour of driving. Plus, back then if you had died it might be months before someone came to check on you. It's quite possible they were never found, or the person who killed them might have hidden the bodies somewhere or left them for wildlife to eat.

I did find out one thing. The original Anderson house burnt down. The reason why has been lost in history. The one standing now is merely a replica.

As for the cow thing... Lol I had a calf I raised from birth named lightning and he honestly acted like a dog. Came when I called and everything.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-25)
Nightly, I won't quite describe cows as "giant dogs". They're big girls and I'm just over 5 ft! 🐄

But your grandparents' place sounds like it's full of residual hauntings. It would be interesting when you get a chance to look into the history of the Anderson House. Asking the neighbours who've been in area for a while might prove useful too.

Did the man you saw remind you of the man in black? Did he give you a "scary vibe"? Or did he just seem startled that you saw him? 😲

If all these events really trouble you, ask if your grandparents will agree to get a priest or someone to help cleanse and bless the place. I'm sure any place of worship will have someone who can advise and help if you ask of them.

The8Ms had problems at the farm she used to live in and got help to cleanse and bless her place:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25200

If that option isn't possible, it might benefit you to get a personal cleansing done, and then setting a shield of sorts for yourself. There are several methods of spiritual cleansing you can find online. Choose whichever feels most suitable for you. Or you can approach the priest that helped with your own house and that "pesky ghost".

Hope the family situation goes alright for you.
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-25)
There were a fair amount of deaths, but a triple murder I have yet to find. Right now I can't search as I am dealing with a family catastrophe.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-25)
I'm sure a triple murder would have made it to the news or to the town archives, no matter how long ago it happened.

Have you found anything relevant in your relatives's diary from your previous story? 🤔
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-25)
I'd also like to note that while I hadn't seen a ghost in front of that specific building, I had seen someone walking through herds of cows likw I normally do when I want to check and make sure everybody is okay. Grandpa's cows are quite calm, and they're like giant dogs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: