You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Evil Or Not

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Or Not

 

I am new to this site to seek some advice. Thanks for reading and (hopefully) giving some help to me.

My story has started since I moved into my house, around 8 years ago. The house I lived in previously belonged to an old woman, whose family lived in the street as well. Sadly she passed away, and we bought the house. This is important, because I thought the ghost could be her. We changed the layout of the house, and re-decorated it all, so this might have angered her ghost.

But this can't be her. The ghost I know haunts me, is definitely a male presence, a young adult perhaps. I have felt this presence since we moved in, and have always felt like I'm being watched in my house.

Not out and about, just in my house. It's like having a person that follows me everywhere. I have felt this presence more so this past year as I have gone through more medical struggles, being diagnosed with chronic fatigue, and slowly overcoming this.

I was hoping for peoples adivce, I only ever have a visual presence of this ghost in the dark, and it's like a blurred picture. It feels like an itch when I am aware he is close. I know this is a minor experience, but some advice would help.

... Please understand that I don't want to be rid of this ghost, but to understand it. It has been like a fatherly presence that moves the odd object, it has never hurt me or made me have paralysis.

Would perhaps having a religion help, I have not been able to put faith in God of late, due to hardships in my life, wondering if that might help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charlicejlacey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2018-01-22)
Godistheanswer,
You're strong in your faith, which is great, however you are in direct violation of the Comments Guidelines. I quote:
This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.
I am allowing this particular comment to stand, only so the comments of others continue to make sense. However, any others like this one will be deleted. Again, I say to you, it's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.
Mavvey (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-22)
Hey Charlice!

The one thing that sticks out to me is your insistence that this prescence isn't malicious - it's definitely beneficial to not be afraid of it - whatever it may be - however I would suggest a smudging just I'm case:)

It's up to you of course, and I don't want to freak you out because you know yourself and this prescence better than anyone else would but entities can seem harmless because they've been dormant for so long, only to harvest emotions off people (particularly young teenagers) until they're strong enough to make themselves known in a malicious way. A smudging will rid you of anything with hard feelings, and if your prescence remains you can probably assume it didn't mean you any harm! If it disappears, good riddance.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-22)
Godistheanswer - when it comes to the paranormal, there's nothing like 'one answer fits all'. Please stop your copy-paste non sense.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but, this doesn't seem the right forum for you.
IrishGuy (30 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-22)
How on earth are these comments allowed to be published? So now Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are evil? I've heard it all now! The bible is open to interpretation but all you are doing is bashing people over the head with it. Theres no grey areas with people like you,it's like everthing is black and white and every other view and belief is wrong. No matter what religion you are, you should always respect other people's religion.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-22)
Godistheanswer - For heaven's sake just stop it. This is not the site for harvesting souls.

Melda

This comment from Godistheanswer is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Charlicejlacey (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-21)
Thank you all, this information has been helpful. To answer a few of your questions, I am in the age range of 15-16; and I have heard of cleansing and shielding but would like to know about the ghost more than rid of them.

I have recently found out from my mum that when we first moved in here strange things would happen. Tools would go missing (because we were working on the house) things would be disturbed. My mum was on a strict diet at this point and one day she was at home alone. She made herself a coffee then went out of the room for a second to grab her phone. When she came back in, the biscuit tin was opened and crumbs were everywhere, and 2 half eaten biscuits.
These interactions have lessened but I'm not sure whether it is because less of the stuff that used to be in this home (carpets, furniture etc.) aren't here or because the ghost/entity has become peaceful.
Thanks again to all comment they are all really helpful.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-18)
No one not even the church can tell you what you believe in. That has to come from within you or it will never be real. I understand hardships causing a crisis in faith - that doesn't reflect badly on you. For now, work on the things you do believe in like yourself and those you love. Actively do positive things for yourself to bolster your self confidence - exercising (endorphins are magic), a new class (anything from dancing to ceramics, you name it - something challenging) and maybe a self defense course etc bottom line something new interesting and a bit challenging. Surround yourself with meaningful items on your home - things that remind you of the good things in your life and that you are loved - family photos are great. Once you are in a secure and positive place within yourself (and that may take time and that's ok) then, maybe, you will be in a better place to reevaluate your faith - there is no rush.

Maybe this entity in your home is there to show you that you are not alone - that there is something more out there - something to believe in. I don't know, just a thought as his presence does not seem to be threatening. Trust your gut and believe in yourself and you will be fine ❤
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-15)
Hi, Charlice.

Religion is an interesting subject... Not going to say it can cause more problems than it solves; that's really something people are exceptionally good at.

You mention hardships and medical issues. There could be something there that has attracted the attention of a spirit.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-15)
(Hi Tweed 😁)

Charlice,

A few things that should be checked to ensure what you are experiencing is indeed paranormal are...

High EMF throughout the house: Individuals sensitive to EMF often say it makes them feel like they are being watched or followed (You mention things only happen in your home...)

Objects moving: Your profile says you are a teenager... Does this mean 13-14 0r 18-19 (or any age in between)? I ask because the objects moving may...MAY...just be happening because of telekinetic outbursts from your developing mind/body. Especially if you are going through puberty... Or possibly just very strong emotions that you are having 'issues' expressing.

Check the history of the house... Did it always belong to the lady your family bought it from and her family? What happened 'in or around' the home? This may give you clues to who the spirit might be. Remember, rule out everything normal/natural first.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-15)
Hi Charlice,

This is as valid experience as any other, don't berate yourself.
Are you aware of cleansing and shielding? This can be done on yourself, objects and your home. Here is a tried and tested method heaps of us here use:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
(scroll down to 'Home Cleansing'. The ritual won't banish good and true ghosts, only troublemakers. It will also help calm the energy in your home.

Do you know who the ghost could be? The husband of the woman who lived there perhaps? Or someone who knew them?

As for religion, that decision should come from you. No one can tell you what to believe in, it's a personal path which is unique to us all. Religion/spirituality, or any belief system shouldn't be rushed towards out of fear. Although it (religion/beliefs) should be a source of comfort and sanctuary. Whatever brings you that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: