You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Three Different Types Of Ghostly Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Three Different Types Of Ghostly Experiences

 

The first experience that I had was in 1983 I was eight. In our house the living room and dining room was just one big room with an old time heating stove with pilot light and when it kicks on all the burners come on to heat the house. We had a fan next to stove to help circulate the heat. I was on couch asleep but could still hear background noise of the fan that soothed me to sleep and for no reason the fan just shuts off. The silence actually is what woke me up and when I sat up to look behind me towards the fan I noticed a light from the bathroom flickering. I walked into the bathroom and from our sewer pipe there was a flame coming out of it. I woke up parents and they went to put out fire. I left bathroom while they were still in there and when I walked past fan I noticed it was back on, but at the time didn't think much about it. After that I always noticed strange things but just chalked it up as just seeing things or questioning myself if that's just me hallucinating.

My Three Different Types Of Ghostly Experiences

I lived in many different houses with no one else ever witnessing the same sightings I have to help convince me I'm not crazy. Finally in 2012 I moved into this house in a different city and thought I was seeing shadows with nothing making them. One night me and wife was in basement spending alone time with each other away from kids when both of us saw a shadow coming down the stairs slowly. Thinking it was the kids spying on us, I snuck up to the bottom of the stairs to scare them. When the shadow got to the bottom I jumped out, but nothing was there. There is only one thing in the closed staircase and that is the light on the wall. For the next five years we would see strange shadows once a month or two with nothing there to make a shadow to the point we would joke about the friendly ghost. It never interacted with us just moving around and would only be seen while being in the basement. Never once did anyone feel threatened from it.

The last experience was towards the end of 2017 when me and the family had to stay with my oldest daughter for a while. Me and wife stayed in her room I insisted she can keep her room we sleep in the other one. She said she doesn't like sleeping in there because of a creepy ghost that scares her and that is why she keeps a picture of Jesus in the room. After maybe a week later I was at the edge of bed sleeping just happened to open my eyes and this big creepy guy lunged at me to grab me and for the first time in almost thirty years I actually screamed and just like that nothing. I told the wife what he looked like and she said that's the same thing the daughter seen a guy with a hat. Thinking ok a hat and lots of people have hats on, but the hat was different almost like it had two bills on it so I asked daughter what the hat looked like from her experience. She too said that the hat looked like is was on backwards, but also on forwards. Exactly what I seen and she never told anyone what the hat looked like just said he had on a hat.

It's been almost two months and never again have I noticed or seen anything, but my new born son is always watching and staring at nothing. He will be looking right at you and all of a sudden turn his head stare with this confused look and move his eyes slowly as if he is watching something walking past. Last couple of days now when he stares at nothing he will get this scared look start frowning and cries. He is just about three months old and I know babies just space out, but you can tell he is tracking something moving.

Not sure what to think and normally there is a reasonable explanation for everything, but with no doubt in my mind I believe just don't know for sure what it is I believe in.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, oddie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Martin (602 posts) mod
 
5 years ago (2018-12-01)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published 📷
oddie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-22)
Yes I would say it's very close to that design of hat. Really hard to tell just seen it for a split second.

Daughter thought hat came more to a point. She said like cowboy hat.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-21)
Quick question, just for clarification, but did the hat you and your daughter saw, oddie, look like this?

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deerstalker

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: