You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Spirit Of Ann

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit Of Ann

 

Thank you for reading this - I have read many interesting stories and experiences of the super natural kind here myself for a few years now. I am not sensitive in this area or afraid of the "unknown" - mostly I find it fascinating. I'd like to think that all these encounters and sensations of the inexplicable are a confirmation of "life after death" and it should make us humble. The fact that we not "all-knowing" in this life should be obvious to everyone.

I have a few personal experiences, but the one I will share here is one of true friendship that crosses over even in death.

About 10 years ago my best friend in Denmark died at an early age - I will call her Ann. We had known each other since School (an education similar to a year of High School I Denmark.) We were very close and told each other everything - about family, boys, dreams... Just everything. She passed suddenly from a severe lung infection at 35 and I was completely devastated. I felt completely lost and heartbroken and needed therapy for a while to get over this experience.

Many times I felt her presence and she would "play tricks" on me - letting me know she was around. *Stuff went missing and reappeared weeks later, stuff fell of my closet, TV turned on by itself etc.

About two years after her death I had an experience at séance with a medium (40+ people attended this séance,) where Ann forced the medium to speak to me. The medium told me things that only I could know, and this confirmed that Ann was listening and that she was there for me even in death.

(When I arrived at the séance - before the medium even started - I felt tears from my eyes, I did not feel sad, just very emotional and moved and for some reason I could not hold back the tears, they kept coming for about an hour.)

6 months after the séance I had a baby girl. One of the toys that she had early on was a "car" to sit on with many music buttons and other sound effects. When my daughter was about 3 years old we moved and one of the toys we brought with us was the "car"...

The first day in our new place this toy all of a sudden started to play 2-3 different music sequences and an engine sound at the same time. It was daytime, and my daughter was running around playing - not anywhere near, the toy. But "the car" just kept on with the same tunes and engine sound.

This was very strange and had never happened before at our other apartment. My daughter asked: "Mommy, who is playing with the car?" - I Answered: "We can't see who is playing with the car. But maybe we can tell them to stop." We were laughing a bit and for fun we said "hello" to our guest. My daughter was not afraid.

After a while, it became a bit annoying, and I decided to tell "Ann" that I was grateful for her visit and that I knew it was she. This was her letting me know that she was watching over us.

As soon as I asked "Ann" to stop, the toy stopped the noise and we laughed, almost as if I was doing a magic trick. It was quite funny.

After 5 months at this apartment, I had to move again. I had bought a place - we live in this apartment. Again, the toy came with us - and was put in the living room. Too big for a moving box.

Same thing happened one of the first days in our new apartment - during the daytime. My daughter looked at it again, and I was laughing. "Ann" was visiting again - we said "hello" and "thank you for visiting" and then told her to please stop the noise. It stopped. Soon after my daughter became too big to play with this toy and it was put in the basement - where I also do my laundry, so I often see the toy. Never since has it made any sounds on its own. However, I know "Ann" is here with me.

It makes me happy:-)

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NotSensitiveButDanish, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NotSensitiveButDanish (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-03)
Hello everyone - thank you for your thoughts and comments - and I am sorry for not writing a reply until now.
I didn't know that anyone had written any comments 😲

Ann was amazing - I miss her all the time. But it is a great comfort that she might visit from time to time.

❤ ❤
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-03)
Reading this made me happy too. It shows how love can still reach us beyond the veil. I feel that Ann stayed around to comfort you because you were so heartbroken at losing her. Perhaps when the time is right for both of you, she might then move on.

I wish you and your family all the best. Thanks for sharing this heartwarming account. ❤
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-25)
This was an enjoyable read Danish. (Hope you're ok with the name shortening thing. It's something we tend to do here and of all the words in your username, I liked this one the best 😜)

I love the way you've introduced your daughter to Ann and the "other side". It'll be a great way to have many conversations with her later in life about Ann and keeping her "alive" in your heart.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the club! ❤
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-25)
Your username is priceless and I like the way you think:-) Sounds like Ann was a lovely person and a great friend! I am sorry you lost her in this life but I am glad it seems that she has found a way to still be there for you ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: