You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Creeper From Next Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Creeper From Next Door

 

My partner and I live in a house his family have owned for generations.

I have been told stories of paranormal events that have taken place in this house and have heard footsteps, knocking and voices but it had never bothered me because my partner believes that the spirits in this house are his family members that have passed away.

I had never felt threatened by any entity in this house until about 3 months ago.

Our house has a den and a lounge room, a glass sliding door seperates the two rooms, the den is about 6 inches lower than the rest of the house because it was built onto the house only a few years ago.

The front door is a glass sliding door also, I keep both doors locked at night and I draw the blinds on the front door but never the door that divides the den and lounge.

About 3 months ago I decided to watch a movie in the lounge because my partner was home from work and wanted to sleep, he can't sleep with the tv on.

It was about 12am when I decided to get up and use the bathroom, as I sat up I looked towards the den and saw a black figure standing on the other side of the glass door, my heart sank in my chest because after a few seconds it ducked behind the blinds and vanished.

I didn't want to show fear so I sat back down and tried to pretend I didn't see it, but this unrelenting fear came over me and I had to make a quick dash to my room where I woke my partner up to check the house. No one was found.

About a week after that I was woken by my dog barking at 2am, usually I put him in his pen way down the back yard in the corner but I had forgotten to that night, he barked for an hour so I got up and went outside with my phone as a flash light to lock him up.

While I was walking down to the pen I noticed a figure in my neighbors back yard, thinking it was my neighbor out for a smoke in the dark I kept heading towards the pen.

I got to the pen when my dog started acting very unusual, he was growling and bearing his teeth, he had never shown any sign of agression in the 5 years I've had him until that night, I looked over the fence again and the figure was crouched down against the fence only 5 meters away from me.

I screamed, dropped my poor dog and took off running for the house.

Nothing has happened since then but my neighbors have put up iron sheets on the fence so that you can't see through.

2 weeks ago the paranormal came up in conversation and my partner told me that our neighbors daughter has a demonic entity attached to her that makes her sick and that's why she doesn't go to school, they've had a priest in the house but it keeps coming back.

Is it possible that whatever is attached to her can wonder over here? And if it can, how do I keep it out?

Other hauntings by MsTeek

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MsTeek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Teffy88 (10 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-11-29)
I know this is an older story but WOW, that sounds absolutely terrifying. Especially the part where whatever it was crouched down in the backyard. Do you have any updates?
MsTeek (4 stories) (8 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-01)
The figure I saw on the other side of the glass door was definately in the house because the front door blinds were closed and if somebody was out there, their shadow would not project through and around a corner to be positioned where I saw it.

My dog is an outside dog because my partner has 2 kids that are allergic to him and I had no other option but to leave him outside.

My partner was given the information by the neighbours. They have taken her to the doctors, and specialists but she has never been diagnosed. They have had a psychic/medium in the house aswell. We have also seen people doing what I thought was a smoking ceremony next door.

Just to clarify, my neighbors are decent people, I've been over to their house, they have a nice home and never have domestics, we never have problems with them, they own a buisness and are good to their children.

I have had experiences in this house before and after these incidents, but they were very different, non threatening and even a few funny experiences like the ones my partner had described.
So it was not a spirit that resides here normally.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-02-01)
Whoah massive alarm bells with this. Maybe it's because of all the horrible things done to children on the news lately but this narrative gave me the absolute creeps. I fear it's not paranormal and that there's something suspicious going on with those neighbours. Keep your wits about you. I agree keep a journal, and one for your neighbours movements too. Hate to advocate nosey behaviour, but I draw the line at sketchy weirdos. Something ain't right there.

Stay safe, install a sensor light if you don't have one already. Keep your house well lit at night, leave outside lights on all night, that kind of thing. If it's possible to have your dog in a position to alert you to oddness, do so. Perhaps keep your dog in a room of your home where he/she can watch outside, where a dodgy person may choose to enter from. Umm yeah, have a horrible feeling this ain't paranormal. Reminds me of when you hear people on the TV saying stuff like 'he was real quiet, kept to himself' or 'he was such a nice man'. 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-01-27)
Ms Teek,

I have the same question as CL about this statement from you...

"It was about 12am when I decided to get up and use the bathroom, as I sat up I looked towards the den and saw a black figure standing on the other side of the glass door, my heart sank in my chest because after a few seconds it ducked behind the blinds and vanished."

Was the figure IN the house or Outside the sliding glass door entrance?

If outside, then it MAY be connected to the neighbors, if inside it MAY be connected to 'family spirits'.

Now, if the First 'shadow figure' was INSIDE the house there are some things to consider...

You state this...

"I had never felt threatened by any entity in this house until about 3 months ago."

I take that to mean you have had other experiences within the home but this one was different?

Now for the 'awkward' question...

Is there a chance one of the Family Spirits may not like/agree with your Partners choice for an S/O? (Someone has to ask the awkward questions might as well be me.)

This only applies if you are now feeling unwelcome/unwanted with-in the house.

If your sightings of these shadows have ALL been outdoors and you still feel welcome inside your Partners home then the odds are that something is going on with the neighbors...

Are you 100% sure the figure you saw taking your dog to his 'run' was NOT a REAL person?

Do you know how your Partner got the information about the neighbors daughter?

Now...Things you can do...

House Blessing/Cleansing/Shielding...by the (Insert religious title here) or by you and your Partner... Or even just yourself. This will help push and keep out any unwanted negative energies/spirits.

Once that is done, start a Journal, keep track of any/all odd occurrences with-in and around your home. Over time this can help you determine just what may be going on... Cause right now... My partner said the neighbors daughter is possessed...isn't really any information to go on.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-01-25)
I'm with Augusta and Lucia on this one MsTeek. If there's even the slightest possibility of something happening to your fur baby, why would you leave him "way down the backyard in the corner" all alone? The neighbors sound sketchy at best and you've heard second hand from your partner what the deal is and have seen first hand his reaction to it.

Lady-glow made some good points but I think my first concern would by my fur baby. Have you talked anymore about this with your partner? You knew going in that the place had "visitors". Has he mentioned anything like this? Could it be one of his relatives?

Thanks for sharing and do try to get some more info about what's going on next door if possible.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-25)
I'd say it was coming from next door then. I'd also be careful about leaving the dog out longer than necessary to do what it needs. Gave me some chills.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-25)
Sounds like you have some rather sketchy neighbors - demon or no. I don't like the thought of your dog being vulnerable and exposed period but especially with questionable folks next door that clearly cause a fear defensive reaction in the dog. I would absolutely start keeping your fur baby inside.
ChickenLittle (11 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-24)
I agree with Lady-glow on the neighbors, but I need a clarification. You said a glass sliding door separates the den and lounge, and that the front door is also a glass sliding door? Was the first figure you saw at the front door (and thus outside), or at the den/lounge door (and thus inside the house)? Am I understanding correctly? If the first figure was inside the house (den/lounge door), I would be less likely to believe it was the neighbor, but if it were outside (front door), my guess would be the neighbor. I, too would wonder what care the daughter is getting, and why the neighbor put iron sheets on the fence to limit your view. At best their behavior seems a bit sketchy. I also agree that a blessing couldn't hurt, and might give you some relief.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-01-24)
I wouldn't discard the possibility of one of your neighbours snooping around every body else's back yards and, perhaps, harassing your dog, hence your fur baby's reaction.

Have you seen the sick girl? Could her illness have a natural cause? Do you know if her parents have taken her to the doctor? Do you know if the neighbours are some of those fundamentalist people that refuse to ask for medical help based on the belief that 'God is the one and only answer'?

In my opinion, you could get your house blessed like a preventive measure, but there is not evidence as to consider that the little girl is possessed and poses a threat to your household.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: