You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Row Boat

Real Ghost Stories

The Row Boat

 

This true account was told to me by my late great-grandmother Estelle Drakeford. This is a true story. My great-grandmother's parents both past when she was in 5th grade. All seven children were split up and sent to different relatives on the East coast to live. My great-grandmother by that time was 14 and married.

One night while she was sleeping, she told me her door opened and in came like a cloud of fog of some sort. Then a boat appeared and inside the boat rowing was her mother. The woman said "Estelle, your little sister Janie is in trouble. You take all your money from the bank and send for her". Then just like that she was gone.

Now listening to my great-grandmother I had chills running down my spine because by the look in her eyes I knew this was true.

My great-grandmother said the next day she took all her money and sent for her sister but it was too late. Her sister was already deaf. The relative my great-aunt Janie was sent to beat her over the head with a broom so many times that her ear drum was shattered.

I tell this story to people because if my great-grandmother would have dismissed this sighting of her mother as a dream, my aunt could be dead right now. If you ever get a vision, or a feeling, or just something that you yourself cannot explain, then its probably worth checking into.

I myself have experienced something similar too this but I guess you well have too wait until I write it. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tia C., has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sweetie (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
This was a great story. I haven't had any visits from deceased relatives or dreams of them myself but I do appreciate the point you're trying to make. I'll make sure to pay attention to any messages in the future though if I do receive some.
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Was your family fishermen? The row boat mite have been telling your greatgrandma that the message came from somene before her to, you think?
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
My auntie WAS able to have weird dreams about people dying and everytime she dreamt about someone they would die in the near future I am just glad that it was just coincedental otherwise I would not be making this comment
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hello Tia C.,
Warnings are great when they are heeded. Thank goodness for all parties concerned that your grandmother heeded hers. Thank you for sharing this story and looking forward to reading yours. Take Care.

FRAWIN
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Dreams are simply another state that we enter into. I believe that as we are more relaxed in our dreams, we are more able to receive messages and 'visits' so to speak.

As I have stated before, I do not pretend to know or understand dream interpretation, but it seems the dream represents a journey her mother made to warn her that the sister was in danger.

How blessed the family is, especially the injured child, that the maessage was not only recieved, but was heeded and action taken.

You stated you receive warnings and/or messages as well, never take them for granted.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hi Tia.
What a great warning. Thank you. Often times we have things that we assume are "just dreams" and ignore them, or spend days trying to figure them out on our own.
How wonderful that your grandmother trusted enough to know that she must get in contact with her sister. I feel horrible that she was too late to save her hearing, but am rejoicing in the fact that she was NOT too late to save her life.
Thank you for this story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: