You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Animals that Have Passed

Real Ghost Stories

Animals that Have Passed

 

This isn't a scary story at all! I actually look forward to these things, every now and then you can feel the brush of what would feel like a dog or cat snuggling up to your legs. All you have to do is just look down and reach down there and it stops. But I think it's real cute. In the house before we moved in, the previous owners dog died there and I THINK is buried in the back yard. And then in July, bless my little girls soul, my puppy Nicco died there. She was very old and had lived a long good life. But it's sweet I think she came back to still live with us. At least I hope so because I would LOVE that!

She use to sleep with me at night and sometimes when I move my legs around I can feel a spot in the bed that is indented where I can't move my legs over and I have to pick it up and go around. When she was alive she use to make me lay on my back and she use to sleep between my legs or she would snuggle up real close to the top of my body and we would both sleep on our sides.

Her and I were really close, I had been having her since I was 2 years old. She was the sweetest dog ever and fun! Poor baby couldn't walk very well towards the end of her life, and every now and then you hear little doggie footsteps and you just look at where they are coming from and just smile because I know my baby girl is home to stay.

We also had a cat Kitty Mervin that got hit by a car on one of the near by streets. It was a cat that we took in after one of my friends moms told her that she couldn't keep it. So we took her, she was a sweet cat, but like some cats, she got real moody and never wanted anything to do with anyone. Needless to say sometimes you can hear cats fighting outside, and don't get me wrong there are lots of cats around my house, but when you go outside to stop them because we think that we hear them on the back deck there is nothing there.

Sometimes I wonder if it's her or I just think that I might be hearing them from somewhere else. Also the cat I have now will sit in certain spots and not move and just stare at a certain area. Like he sits outside my bathroom door and just looks into the dark room straight ahead. Sometimes he freaks me out because he gets all scared and just sits there. Punkin and Kitty Mervin didn't really get along, ok well not at all.

I really don't know what to think of it all. Help me if you can, please! :)

Other hauntings by enjolee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, enjolee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hey HeavensJeans,

Its very very very hard... I know because we had to put ours down this Aug. Its the most heartbreaking thing to do but you have got to let Heaven go... Please do not hang on. It will only make it that much harder on you and I am sure on Heaven as well. I am sure he/she is in a good place and not suffering anymore. Be happy for him/her...you will find it hard (understatement...i know) but you have to accept this and let it be.

Hope you know that I am not blabbering... I am going through the same feelings you are but I want my Bruno to be happy and also know if we are happy... He is happy.

Logan
HeavensJeans (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Thanks for sharing. My beloved dog, Heaven, just passed away on Nov 8, 2010 at 12.30am. Although she was suffering from nasal melanoma, I wasn't ready for it. I took her into the vet at 11pm after she vomited blpood at 10pm. Then as I was pushing her on the trolley back to the car, I put her on the grass to pee. She tried to poo and in the next milli second, she flopped down in a weird contorted person. At first, I thought she could not stand, then realized she died instantly. I screamed my lungs out. The reason I am on this site is because I am hurting like crazy and want her back. I want to know how to communicate with her and to know how to tell if she's with me... Thanks so much!
norwegiancat (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Hi! I also noticed that my cat, couple of days before passing away, was looking at the wall, at one particular spot for minutes.
Than, he would go there and touch the wall, and meow. This was happening several times a day for a week. It seemed to me as he was looking at something beyond what is seen by the human eyes. He would go there several times. He would sit there, waiting for something. I am not trying to sound crazy, but I think that it was an unseen portal or entrance to something we don't see. Like passage to another world after death.
Sort of like a portal. Perhaps, the door was there already and he was trying to open it while alive. I also noticed that he would stare at some space and like he was listening to something or conversing, his face was like he was meowing to something.
There are a lot of things in this world that we don't know. Animals do see fourth dimension-something that is not seen by human eyes. It is possible that they might see ghost or something that is out of this world. There might be portal to another world so close to us that we don't even know because we cannot detect it by our senses.
My pure angel passed away.
I have adopted another cat. He also sometimes looks at some place on the wall (different place) and would stare there for minutes. Go wonder!
Adaje21 (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
You're story is much like my own. I lost my cats of 18 and 16 years in the same month and since than I have given a home to three new cats. Often times I feel my deceased cats cuddle me like they use to do and also have become invisible playmates with my youngest cat. Funny thing is, they only play with my youngest Cat, Matila, and not the others. I believe this may be because Matilda is a Siamese cat like Mitzy and Burt were, while the others are not.

In my honest opinion, animals have the ability to stick around after they die. Our pets play a role as our protectors, our friends, and our source of love and that is a job that is never done.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
This is certainly a first for me.
Never heard of animal spirits.
But I don't doubt this story for a minute.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Hi enjolee. You seem to have a natural affinity with animals. That's special in and of itself. You love them well and they love you just as well. This is what brings them back to you. You're lucky to have the experiences that you do, visits from loyal friends. Stories like yours always make me feel glad, thanks for sharing your lovely story. I enjoyed it.
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hi Enjolee,
Thank you for such a lovely story. I believe that all higher lifeforms has a spirit. We all know that cats and dogs can show love and love never dies. There`s no difference between "Fido" coming back as there in "Aunt Betty" or "Grandpa Clem" coming back - love is love. Your pets are there because they love you and they feel loved. Consider it a blessing.

FRAWIN ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
I don't think you are realy in need of help as you requete at the end pf your story. It sounds as if you are quite comfortable with your friendly animal visitors!

You are very blessed to have loved and be loved by these loyal loving creatures that even after their passing, you can still be with them and know they are around and that they love you!

Thank you for sharing uch a touching and heart warming story!

God Bless! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Ooor, Mustang 😉 Smokey procreated and his offspring are coming to visit too. I had a cat when I was still living with my parents that had passed on while trying to swim across the river down the road from my parents home. His little mini-me used to come and visit. Coincidence? Probably, but I always took it as a sign of that cat as my cat's offspring resided in the next subdivision, and as far as I knew they never took a family vacation to visit the "grandparents". But I think yours was Smokey.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hi enjolee. That's so wonderful to have your pets return to you like that. I am very close to my pets. I have a bond with one of them more than the other. He has such character and personality that it sometimes feels like he is a human spirit locked inside a canine body. He is wonderful and I pray he lives a long, healthy life.
My daughter had a cat back in 6th grade, his name was Smokey. He was the kind of cat that would go outside and come back in. Well one time he never came back. She was heart broken. One morning while she was getting ready for school, I was sitting on the couch facing the sliding glass door to our back yard feeding my baby when I saw Smokey who had not been seen in a year or so. He was walking casually across may backyard when I hopped up in amazement to open the back door and he was gone. We have a privacy fence and he wasn't even close to it. He hadn't seen me coming and when I was opening the sliding glass door he was still casually walking, not running. Then he wasn't there anymore. It was like he just vanished into thin air. I have seen him while I was washing dishes walking across my lawn but by the time I get outside he's gone. He's only been seen twice since 2005. I don't know if he is just extremely quick, like cats can be, or if it was his spirit. It's always nice to see them again though. Thanks for sharing your story. It was very sweet. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hello Enjolee,
Pets are not just animals that we have to take care of. They become part of our families. I always thing it is cute to see a dog trying to care for a child, it is like their paternal instincts kick in too. Often times our pets do come back to us, just as our human family members do.
This is a little off the beaten path, but I think you should look into a career as a veterinarian. Perhaps all these animals come to you as a hint of what you are to become.
Ok, when I wrote that I got the feeling that some would say another "Dr. Doolittle" but that is not what I mean. You talk as if you have a pure and undying love for the animal kingdom. Maybe they come to you to show you the way.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: