You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Running Up The Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

Running Up The Stairs

 

I was 11 when this story took place. I no longer live in that house and haven't experienced anything paranormal ever since.

This story is about my sister Cas' dog, Lilo, who got hit by a car behind our house. Nothing strange had ever happened at that house until Lilo passed. I've had about two experiences there apart from walking around upstairs and thuds, as if she was jumping off the bed onto the floor. Here's one of my experiences...

Me, my mom, my other sister, Cam, and dog, Daisy, were all downstairs. I was on the couch with Daisy while Cam was at the table in the kitchen talking to my mom, who was cooking.

We were all talking to each other when suddenly we heard running up the stairs. We went quiet and looked at each other until I asked if they heard running up the stairs, too. They said yes. We were creeped out.

My mom's first thought was that it was Cas coming home from work. She called out her name to see if it was her. I knew it couldn't have been her or anyone else since I was in the living room and would have seen or heard anyone come into the house. Nobody responded so my mom walked into the living room and looked through the blinds to see if Cas' car was in the driveway. It wasn't.

They suggested it was Daisy until they saw she was on the couch asleep. Our next suggestion was Lilo. She was my first thought. We were in shock because we had never experienced anything like that before. To this day we still don't know what it was, but I'd like to believe it was Lilo.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, believeandsee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
Hi, believe. I have the same questions as Melda. What did the feet on the stairs sound like?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
believeandsee - I enjoyed reading your account, it is short, sweet and totally believable.

What size dog was Lilo? I don't think that a small dog running up stairs would make the same sound as a human running up stairs.

Was it Lilo's habit to run up the stairs and did this unexplained event seem similar? I ask this because I know that my passed pets visited me, showing me all the characteristics which they had in life.

Like you, I would like to believe it was Lilo 😊

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: