You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Door Closing And Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Door Closing And Noises

 

First, let me introduce myself. I was born in Phoenix, AZ, in 1994. I lost both my parents and my brother before I was 18 years old, after which I moved to Atlanta, Georgia, and I've been living alone ever since. I have a Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, and I own several guns. I've always felt safe, because of how well-guarded I thought my house was. I mean, should somebody break into my house, I would have an arsenal of rifles, shotguns, and handguns with which to defend myself. That was my idea for years... Until, on December the 27th, something happened that freaked me out, really bad...

I got home from work at approximately 17:30 hours. I entered my house and went to the fridge, to scavenge for something to eat. I sat down with some cold pizza I hadn't eaten the day before, when I heard footsteps upstairs. As soon as that happened, I pulled out my handgun, and headed for the stairs. Just as I stepped on the second floor, I heard a loud noise coming from the bathroom. The door was open, but just as I was about to go in, it slammed shut. I reacted by opening it again almost simultaneously, after which I stormed into the bathroom, only to find nothing there. The window was closed, nothing was out of place. I looked for any animals that could've caused anything... Perhaps a cat that somehow got into my house, or a rat, or anything, really. Anything but a paranormal being. Of course, I didn't find anyone or anything. Neither did I understand what had happened at the moment. But, it wasn't just one incident. The footsteps continued, and more doors were closing in the middle of the night. After four days, the noises had stopped, and I decided to go see a psychiatrist. After almost two weeks of sessions, he concluded that my perception was not likely to have been altered by any mental illness whatsoever. I still think about how creeped out I was. Today, I'm no longer afraid, but cautious and on the lookout for new weird happenings within my house, as I now know that some things, can't be explained.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Friedrich94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-07)
Do you have plans to stay there or move? I'm sorry about your family passing before you were 18. But, what you have accomplished on your own so far is impressive. Good luck to you.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-07)
I don't really put much stock in this guy's youtube channel, but I found this video disturbing enough that I investigated, and found these aren't quite so isolated incidents as might be imagined.

Https://youtu.be/e-OfXtlX4IU

In addition to Rook's questions, have you actually poked and prodded your house thoroughly?

And I do mean thoroughly. Like "Holmes Inspection" thoroughly where he takes a house down to the studs and rebuilds it sort of thing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-07)
Thank you for sharing.

Journal, Journal, Journal...

This is a good time for a Journal.

You say things 'started' Dec 27th 2017? How long had you been in the house by this date?

Had you started any sort of renovations on/in the home? It could be as simple as painting a single room all the way up to major configuration changes to the home.

Did a Family member/Close Friend pass close to this date?

Were you experiencing anything that was causing you stress? (I ask because you may have caused the noises and movement of things that you experienced.)

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: