You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

The Ouija Board

 

I always wanted to use the ouija board. Because I felt that maybe it might actually work since I've always felt connected with spirits, also because of how spooky it was to find it. My friends mom and dad found the ouija board buried about 4 feet under a house they were remolding.

Me and my friend tried it every time I spent the night at her house. Just hoping that one time it would work. We'd light up candles. And all this other spiritual stuff. But it never did... Until one night.

It was my birthday and a couple of my closets friends were staying the night. I had alix bring it over. Because I thought that maybe it would work better with more people.

It was late at night. And we all stuck 2 fingers on the pointer. It was me 3 of my friends my sister and my brother. I was the speaker or whatever you call it. So I was asking all the questions. I asked it if anybody would like to talk to us. After trying for so long that night it moved. It went to yes. Not to fast. We were all so amazed. We never actually thought it was going to work. I knew none of us could be moving it. All our fingers were on so lightly. And just the way it moved didn't seem to be us.

I asked it a lot of questions and it answered them. I can't remember them all though. Then I asked if I knew it. It said yes. My brother died in 2001. So I thought it might be him. I asked if it was kenny. It went straight to yes. And my siblings burst into tears. We told it we loved him and missed him. And asked how heaven was and stuff.

Then I ran to my dad because I was excited to tell him that we were talking to kenny. He's never believed in spirits or ghost or anything of that. I just wanted to prove to him it was true. He said we were moving it. So I told my dad to ask a question that none of us would know the answer to so that we couldn't answer it. And he asked what was the name of the guy who you brought home to beat me up. It took a while and then it moved to a couple of letters and spelled out a name. My dad said it was wrong.

We knew we weren't moving it so it couldn't be us. And then I realized we weren't talking to my brother. I don't know if we ever were. I felt betrayed. And I thought that whatever we were talking to was evil. For even saying it was my brother.

Then I said this isn't kenny is it. And it went straight to no. That scared us. We asked if it knew any of us and it said yes. We asked who? And it said ashley. And ashley asked if it was her grandpa. And it went to yes really quick. We asked it how many kids her grandpa had and we didn't say the answer out loud because we figured it was only saying the things we said that's how it answered all the ones about kenny. And it said the wrong number.

I said this isn't her grandpa is it? And it went to no. And I felt a cold chill. And we stopped playing with it at that point.

I think who or whatever we were talking to that night is still in my house. The lights flicker. And doors open and close. And my room is the worst of all. Its always so cold. And I have horrible nightmares in there now. And lights NEVER work in there. They always break right away. We even had a guy come over and try to fix my ceiling light. And right after he did it broke again.

I feel a presence in my house. It scares me at times. Feels like I'm being watched. I don't know what it is. But it freaks me out.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, allison corwin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Well, it's 15 minutes to Halloween here in Los Angeles, and just wanted to help you out. The Board is alleged to be designed around the 9 gates of hell that lead to the Devil. Regardless, it attracts lower astral beings. To contact relatives, if it's relatives that ever show up (or imposters?), a simple seance with a white candle and a blessing is the way to go (NEVER the Board). To remove the neg. Entity, take an axe to the board and toss it in the trash. 2nd, since you are justifiably scared, have a confident priest or spiritualist accompany you in cleansing the house/especially your room. YOU must be the #1 force though, laying claim to YOUR house. Don't hide behind your friend. With your life force, you are more powerful than any entity, and though you invited it (unintentionally), you must kick it out with angry demand. Your own fear when you're alone later, will work against you. Sleep with a light/radio on, for weeks, and ease yourself back into a sense of security after you've kicked it out. Remember, Have confidence in something greater and use it against it. Energy is real... So entities are real. But you are the strongest entity and the Earth is yours. It belongs to the living. Kick him back to his own plane! Your words are weapons that hurt. The force of your energy/anger is a sock in the face and a body slam. You're the stronger one and can bind and banish any entity. He CAN'T bind and banish you. Show him you know it. Be tough. Place an open bible in your room. Have someone sleep with you, or a pet for now. I guarantee you win. Keep your chin up.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Yes, what you should've done is destroyed the pointer and the board and gotten it away from your house. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU NOT BURN IT THOUGH! Burning releases spirits. I actually had a crazy experience with a Ouija board. I was quite scared afterwards and haven't so much as looked at one since. But you'll read about that on Monday. If you don't do anything about the board, the demon that was impersonating your family members will remain in your house.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
ahh, and this is the way of the demon.

They will say Anything to get you to pay attention to them.
glassmoon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
I'd like to add that if you found it buried, it had probably had some bad experiences to begin with. It should have just been placed back in the ground again...
glassmoon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Did you say goodbye before you stopped? If you didn't, then chances are, yes it's still there. It was not a good idea to be "playing" with a ouija board in the first place, but didn't at least get some information on how to use it first? Most information will tell you to say goodbye.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
ok first... GET A MEDIUM! QUICK! It might be a demon! AND THEN PRAY TO GOD AND GET A PRIESTEST TO BLESS YOUR HOUSE, YOU AND THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW WHO USED A OUIJA!

God Bless
Dory ❤
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I agree to a certain extent with Trent. Yes, they CAN be bad, but I've NEVER had a "bad" experience. I've been using one for a little over 6 years, and haven't had anything happen except for the spirit get pissed and spell swear words. Then, I respectfully ask it to leave or I just end the session by saying goodbye. On the other hand, in the wrong hands, it can indeed be a harmful tool and do harm to the ones who don't know what they're doing.
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I think we can all agree. Ouija boards are bad news. They open portals that might not ever be closed. In the wrong hands they can cause great harm. I hope everyone takes all the proper care, procautions, and measures before using ouija boards. Thanks for sharing

Trent
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Rhodes68,

sorry, I was mad that day >.< I know people are aloud to have there own opinions. But sometimes it just gets annoying... LOL. Sorry bout my rudeness, I was jsut mad

~Gejro
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
BLESS THE HOUSE! That is one of the best things you can do. And try to help the spirit or ghost if you can. ❤
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
I also wanted to add that I can relate to you on the cold bedroom. When I lived at my Mothers house, the bedroom was always freezing. A lot creepy things occured back in those horrific days which I have yet to post.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
Wow this story was great to read.
I find it really creepy that this board was found 4 feet under ground. That must have been a sign that the board was nothing but trouble. However, great story and thanks for sharing.

velvet
MFD (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
Actually, I think it could just be the case that some people do not realize that there is a comments section (especially for all the newbies), and therefore, do not reply. I say this because when I first came to this sight, I would just read the stories, it wasn't until a bit later that I realized if I scrolled down more after the story, that there was actually a discussion board.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
GhostGal,what's with being rude to Mustang and Whitebuffalo? You suggest that people are entitled to their opinion and then criticise them for speaking their mind? Why? What is more rude in your book, to verbalize your doubts about the validity of an experience that the author himself doesn't come back to clarify or defend or to tell people that they're being stupid and they should move on. Read your comments again and if you see my point, try to tone it down.
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
Mustang,
Just give the person some adivce and MOVE ON! God!

I suggest getting ghost hunters. It depends how old you are actually... If your young, don't take any action by yourself. If your younger the oh say... 17, then get ghost hunters to rig the place with camera, tape recorders, bless the place. All that. Dunno why that thing was messin' wit ya... I would also like to know what your night mares are about. It might leave a clue...

~Gejro
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Shelby,you are more than likely right. It seems like here of late that this has been par for the course. Must of not needed help too badly. 😊

FRAWIN 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Once again! Another person with SUPPOSED paranormal issues that have problems and will not respond! What is up with that? Except for the fact that it is more than likely UNTRUE! What do you guys think?!

SHELBY
vampira (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Bury the board exactly 4 feet under ground just like the way your parents found it but bury it far away from your house this tipe of ghost is not nice it wants something and someone.
andrea (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
i hurd if you use one of those bords that if somthing bad happends then you should burn it and fast. Then nothing bad will happen. I don't know if I am right thow... So yeah.
jablescanfly (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-19)
me and my friends messed around with something... And it gives me awful nightmares that seem real... These things make me sick and I have grown a lot of anger and hatred towards whatever they are...
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
Hello kaylor123. All you are doing is asking for MAJOR trouble. Trouble that you can't and do not want to deal with. Believe me I know, as well as other member's on this site.
Are you young? Because you need to find some other way of NOT being BORED! Do not open a doorway that you cannot close! Good Luck! ~Shelby ❤
kaylor123 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
im so eager to try a ouija board but I'm scared because my aunty did she goes on this and her name is white light yeh she played with one and now she has dreams of dark black shadows standing around her in her dreams ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
Excuse me allison corwin.
Buffy, go to your story, "Strange Conversations at Jennison's Cemetary". I want to talk to you without using allison corwin's page. 😊 ❤ ~Shelby
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
In the wrong hands, yes, that is exactly what I am saying, Shelby.
There is always a right and a wrong way to do things. A person could, hypothetically, call the ghosts with a pack of poker cards. It is all in the way the person uses the resources. And their ultimate intent. My grandmother has the frustrating habit of snatching our coffee cups when we have downed all but that last sip and peering into the bottom of it. It is the working knowledge of how to see things that causes the reading.
The Archangel Oracle Cards are similar to Tarot Cards. There are the 45 cards, 15 archangels and the directions on how to get messages from the archangels, invoke them, and answer life questions. You "read" these cards in much the same way of Tarot cards. The main difference is there are pictures of the Archangels on them, in place of the Tarot pictures. One would assume that would make this a "holy" game, and the Tarot to be a "spiritual" game. (There IS a difference) HOWEVER, it all depends on the INTENT of the person using the cards.
Crystal gazing is to stare into a "crystal ball" (either figuratively or literally) and being able to tell the future by what you see inside. If you can picture the old flicks that had the gypsies in a tent and a crystal ball on a round table, you have seen a crystal gazer.
All of these things are not dangerous in themselves, but it is with what intent the person who is using them, uses them. In essence, they are all like vehicles. When we use them properly we may enjoy many years of driving and riding enjoyment, hand your five year old the key and you may get five minutes of good use.
All of the tools mentioned in the comments with the exception of a formal seance has been used or done in my presence. I trust the man who performs these tasks as I have had over sixteen years of watching and waiting. But I would not, at this point, consider myself knowledgeable enough to perform them on my own. Being an apprentice is much different than being the professional and such things, I feel should be left up to them.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
Excuse me again allison corwin.
Hello Buffy. You do sound correct. However, are you saying that tarot cards, channeling, automatic writing and crysyal gazing are as dangerous as the Ouija boad? I do not know, that is why I'm asking. I have never researched or studied these things and I would like to know. Even though I do not know much about these things, other than the Ouija board, I think that some of them seem obviously more safe and good than the others.
I also want to ask you a couple of questions. If you don't mind. I have ARCHANGEL Oracle Cards and I want to know if they are not in my best interest, nor anyone's best interest all together? I wouldn't think that because they are ARCHANGEL Oracle Cards but I would like to know for sure. Also, what exactly is 'crystal gazing'?
THANKS! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
I am going to take a try at the question posted by FRAWIN. I could be off, it has happened in the past, but this is what I believe to be true about communication boards, and why we should not use them while inexperienced or uneducated.

When I encourage someone to communicate with a ghost that is in their home, I do so knowing that it has already been sighted. There has already been a type of communication, whether visual, audio, or a physical type of connection. The ghost already exists in the place that I have recommended the contact to be made. Which is great, as you can use your senses from that point to determine whether it would be a ghost that you would be comfortable with and therefore determine (hopefully) if it is "safe" to talk to it, or if you should just try to help it to Cross Over as it would be better for all involved.
In short, the contact has already been made, and you already have an inkling of what it is you are dealing with, and possibly have the right tools to seek out the proper venue for you at that point.

There are several things that get classified as communication boards in my belief. Ouija, (homemade or bought) Mirror talking, automatic writing, Tarot cards (in the right situation), tea leaves, "talking" to the trees... I could go on, but I think you may have a pretty good picture there. I caution everyone who does not know what they are doing to stay away from these things.
Take a walk with me 😉. I picture communication boards as a proverbial trap door in the living room of our lives. It is the basic, five-by-five block of door with the circular handle, and the door swings up and open on rusty hinges. It is locked up tight with a log chain and an old rusty key lock. ("Masters" would be appropriate.) We do not use this door as what is underneath the living room is nothing that we really think about and it is something that is protected, as long as that door remains closed. On the same token, we are too.
When we sit down at that door, we close our eyes, thoughts, feelings and all of our senses to put on a blindfold and ask someone to come into our home. It is like if you were walking around town, passed someone and asked them to come home with you, never knowing who they were.
What inexperienced people seem to do when we use communication boards is to invite any and all ghosts that are in the area to come on in. We have no idea who they are and can not properly protect ourselves from something we do not know.
Once the invite is out, who is to stop it if we do not close the session properly? The door must be closed securely, re-chained and locked, to protect all involved. If not, the door remains open, as well as the invite.
Did I make sense?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
wow nice story. Iheard that evil spirits always try playing tricks on us beacuse if we believe that the ghost is from our family it will do no harm. But they can realy play some mind games on us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
Excuse me allison.
FRAWIN: I as well, never thought of it that way either. However, I'm not positive but I believe that when it comes to the Ouija board it's a little different. Only because of the markings on the board. That's just my opinion. As for the Tarot cards and such, I'm not sure of that. Tarot cards have markings. Right? So it may be just as dangerous as the Ouija board.
Automatic writing is just strange to begin with. I would hate to be the Medium(the 'Sitter' as the experts in this field call them) in these cases. I don't know what "crystal channeling" is. From what I gather, is that it is some way of speaking to the dead. Right? Anyway, again, that's my opinion. 😊 ~Shelby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
Wow, FRAWIN. Good point! You're right, they are all pretty much the same thing! Except, I think, tarot cards. They just kind of predict the future, it doesn't involve communicating. The automatic writing, channeling and seances, yeah, the same thing! Wouldn't they be even more dangerous since the spirit comes directly through your body? What about homemade ouijas? Technically they are just a craft gone awry. Hmm... I never really gave that any thought. Something to ponder, and ponder I will.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
May I ask a simple question, anyone feel free to comment. We all rush to warn against the use of a Ouija Board(myself included), yet we tell people to talk to the spirits and see what they want.Isn`t this basically the same thing? The board itself isn`t dangerous, it`s the communication right? If this be the case wouldn`t tarot cards, automatic writing, crystal gazing, channeling and seances be the same thing and just as dangerous. I was wondering 😕.

FRAWIN

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: