You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Unfriendly Follower

Real Ghost Stories

Unfriendly Follower

 

First of all I'd like to start by saying, I don't believe in ghosts. I live in a small mining town called blackwater. My friends and I are considered to be outcasts due to the way we dress and the genre of music we listen to. Most people call us goths or emo.

One friday, after school we decided to go to the memorial to speak with "ghosts" as a joke. When we arrived it was just after sunset. We sat, speaking to our deceased friends. Nothing happened, I did not experience any strange or unknown presence. This did not come as a surprise to me. My closest friend justin, received a call from his brother telling him he was supposed to be home now. We all headed to his place as that is where we were staying for the night. As we left, I laughed. Justin said "you can come stay at my house, I don't want to be lonely" as a joke to the "ghost". We all laughed, knowing nothing was going to happen.

When we got to his house, his mother was angry that we had arrived home so late. As a punishment for this, she sent us all home except for me, I was very close to his family and I was never punished for anything.

Later that night after we had enjoyed our dinner we decided to play halo against each other using system link (that way we could play in separate rooms to prevent screen peaking). I went into the guest room. This is when strange things began to happen. The tv I was using turned off and I couldn't turn it back on. I went into justin's room to tell him, he said that he will use the guest room. When he turned the tv on, he had no trouble with it. I didn't take any notice of it and spent hours playing halo with him.

When we got bored, both of us sat on his balcony. I had as glass of coke placed near the center of a table. While I was talking to justin he told me to move my glass away from the edge of the table. When I looked I notice that the glass was close to falling off the table. I then moved it closer to the middle and continued to talk. Our conversation was interrupted by a loud smash. Justin went inside and come back out with a dustpan and brush, he looked at me and said I told you to move your glass. I explained to him that I did but he replied "you don't have to lie it's okay, it's just a glass man". I just smiled and said okay man.

Then I was beginning to feel tired. I laid on the couch and dozed off watching rage. While I was asleep I had a dream that made me feel uneasy. In my dream I could see nothing, I could hear a firm voice telling me to leave. This voice reminded me of an angry father getting angry with his child.

When I woke up justin's brother was standing over me. When I asked him what was wrong he said, "while I was sleeping, I heard someone telling me to leave, I woke up and could still hear it, so I came to see if it was you". Me being ignorant, said it must have been, I laughed and said I always talk in my sleep.

After that night, strange things would happen whenever I would go to justin's house. Recently, I told him what had happened and that I was feeling uncomfortable, he said "oh yeah that ghost is my best buddy, I told him to do this stuff" I just laughed. Then he said "ghost, go home with petty I don't want you anymore".(petty is what my friends call me because I'm short). I just laughed.

That was about four days ago and I have been having random nightmares every time I fall asleep. I wake up with the urge to vomit. I have been to the doctors and have been told there is nothing wrong with me. Now my entire family thinks I'm vomiting on purpose to keep my weight down. I don't know what to do and I'm starting to freak out. And it's kind of hard to tell people a ghost is giving me trouble. What should I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jablescanfly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Kalessehuine (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Honey, you are a sensitive. The ghost willingly latched onto you. I just read another comment that you wrote to someone that has me worried for you. You have a lot of anger inside, I don't know why, but it is making this thing worse. You need to find a book or something to learn how to protect yourself. I meditate and form a "shield" around myself, but it took a lot of practice. If you want, you can e-mail me and talk more. Gods all bless and protect. ❤
odnana (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-19)
well if you don't know what 2 do first you should call a priest. So he could do a reading on the house then he could tell you if its haunted then if it is haunted you should get the priest to help it find the light.

feel your pain much love ❤
ocean
CenterCore (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
lol of course we're friends, I wasn't tryin to be defensive, we're cool ;)
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
Hey CenterCore! I understood your language, but I was just curious as to why you wrote that way. That's all. There. Lol. You stinker. You sounded so defensive and for good reason I guess! I didn't mean it that way though. 😊Friends? =P
I don't know what to tell you about the caller ID, it IS very strange I must say. I get extremely strange/weird calls on my caller ID too. Nothing like 666 or anything but you DO know that it is not the mark of the beast as people so wrongly say?! I get strange names and numbers and IF I do answer them, no one is there. Weird!
Talk at ya' later!
😊 😆 Oh, by the way, if you want, read my two stories! ~Shelby <3
CenterCore (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
Oh yea, and I myself don't personally believe him to be the devil, that's what others are saying, I just don't get the "666" crap on my caller ID, and then how it won't keep track of the number, like when you go through the list of IDs, that one won't show up, like it never called. I'll never understand it, but it makes me feel better to share these things with people on here, I never had until I found this site, except maybe one or two people who were weird to begin with lol. Anyway, anybody that wants to write me (since I don't get on here much) my current email is hell_keeper [at] sbcglobal.net.
- Core
CenterCore (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
That's how I talk, that's how I type, I've been spelling like that for years. Ida = I DON'T, usedta - USED TO. There. Anyhow thanks for the support, hope that didn't sound rude. Good luck to you too.
- Core
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
Hey CenterCore. No offense, but why do you talk with words like "Ida" and "usedta"? What the Hell!
Anyway, "Jerry" is NOT the Devil or anything of the sort. Why would the 'Devil' bother messing around with mere humans like us?! It could be that you are just a sensitive, obviously. You may have been, when most of 'IT' was going on, going through stress or anxiety. Believe me, I've been there! It died down when I got myself together. Maybe that is why "Jerry" has died down with his little antics!
As for the '#666', that could be a fluke or coincidence or what ever you want to call it, maybe not. I get odd numbers ALL OF THE TIME. No not '666', but weird, messed up numbers. I don't even answer them half of the time.
So, I will pray for you and hope the best for you, as well as this "Jerry" dude(if he is a dude) not bother you anymore!

~Shelby
❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
Don't count your friends out either, Petty. Your friends are worried as you sort of closed yourself off from them too. In times like these we need others, if nothing more than just to see that we are not going insane. Support groups come in all shapes and sizes and I believe someone out there in Australia by the name of Jade would like you to talk things through.
What you are going through is tough. We all make mistakes. What we do after the mistakes is what truly forms who we are. This IS a solvable problem, it IS.
Burn the lavender incense before going to bed, at times it "calms" the experience and it does seem to allow for favorable sleeping conditions. Try that first, perhaps with your sleep back in order things may be a bit easier to see and determine where to go from there. You need to take care of YOU first. And please do.

Hey, Shelby, sorry, I had to "take care of some business". I will catch up with you soon.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Hi jables. If you are reading your comments, I have the following advice: I think you could try simply asking the ghost to leave. Do a little apologizing (you and your friends have been a little disrespectful) and explain what problems you are facing. Be calm and gentle and let him know he needs to pass on and be with loved ones, that it will be okay to move on. Thanks for sharing your experience, remember, there are people who will listen and try to help. Please, post a comment and let us know how you are doing. I hope your health improves. Good luck.
jd (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
petty,i don't know what your feeling right now but you should atleast talk to me I'm really worried... ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Okay... Maybe not! Maybe another time. You are probably pre-occupied with other things. So, anyway, talk to you later! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Hey Buffy. Do you want to go in the chatroom for a bit? That would be nice!
~Shelby 😊 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Dang, Shelby, I think you know me better than that. 😊 I am not worried about it, really. I think it must be an "off day", as she just told me something kept her up last night. Then again, when I saw her, she did not look upset or angry, so maybe words are tough today... I hope.

And I agree. It does take two good parents, but in their absence (in my life, this is what I believe should happen) should a friend of said parents see that something is not quite right, they had better come to me and tell me, or gently step in and correct. If I find out later about something wrong that others knew about and did not tell me or gently chastise my child for, then typically I get a bit upset with that friend. See?
It is always definitely the parents job to discipline, it is the adults job to support the parents, and sometimes that help is required. 😁
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Excuse me once again.
Hello Buffy.
I, of course, do not have to agree on everything, every person says, but in my opinion, it DOES NOT "take a village to raise a child". It takes two good parents. The whole, "it takes a village to raise a child" thing to me, is just something said by someone who does not know what they are talking about. Either that or they were born in South America, like Africa or something of the sort. Maybe someone who hasn't raised a child themselves. DO NOT TAKE THIS TO HEART, PLEASE! It is just my opinion and you know everyone has one! 😆 Love Ya~ Shelby ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Hello Buffy! Thank you for your mature response on this subject. I hope that it does not effect you and I because that would be sad. ~Shelby ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Also essiej. My daughter is going to be fifteen in February, is in high school and she ALSO knows what they are because we've discussed it before. What's with the attitude anyway?! It seems like you've made a whole personality turn around for the worst. I mean I know you love your Mother but come on. ~Shelby
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
"It takes a village to raise a child" and I thank you all for gently stepping in when needed. The problem I see with posting comments, at times, is that we can not see the person talking to gauge what it is they are saying with their body language as much as the words. Also, we believe so strongly in something that our passion for the issue makes our words seem more harsh than intended. We take a risk each time we post that someone will take things the wrong way, but the beauty of it all is that we can always go back and explain things more clearly. In my ignorance I seem to have caused a fuss again, and that WAS NOT my intent. Again, I apologize. Constructive criticism has not killed me yet, and I feel my shoulders growing, I guess I can handle it. Princess: "...Who CAN NOT fight for themselves..."

I still stand by the second part of my first comment, I think an apology is needed and I believe that we all need to get back to helping Jables out of a sticky situation.
I can not help but picture him sitting in front of a computer reading all of these comments wondering how any of this would help, even though he chooses not to comment.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Hello everyone on this story who commented/posted, including essiej and Buffy. I love you to death Buffy and I took the comments/posts as constructive critisism, nothing bad. I don't the that anyone was trying to be hateful! I, personally, was just trying to let you know what a REAL 'Goth' was, that's all.
Essiej. I believe that you took this WAY wrong!
~Shelby ❤ 😊
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
i personally hate steriotyping in fact just had to do a mural at school about something I believe strongly in or about and I did my hatered towards steriotyping.

Huendchen- my moms not wrong. I'm the one who told her what they are she wrote what I said if you need to comment them you need to comment me not my mom. And I do know what I'm talking about I have to explain it to people who call me emo and goth every day. I am in highschool I'm 15 I no what they are. And yes it had nothing to do with the story but jables the one who put it in the story mom was just making sure jables knew what they were. So please for future reference talk to me about those kinds of things.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Essie, I am so glad that you came out in defense to your mom. I know that WB was not inteding to do any harm if anything she was trying to help people like me that had no clue what Goth/Emos or whatever was. I know of people that dress in all black including make up and nails, I just figured that it was a way of maybe proving a point to their parents. I do know a few and they are very good people but of course with that being said regardless of what group of people you belong to does not mean you are a bad person. Anyway the whole Idea of WB was to explain to us what it was and I actualy am thankfull for that since now thanks to her I know. Now, that opened doors for the story turning into a comment board about this type of people and we forgot that there is someone here asking for advise and probably help. So that is what we need to try and focus on.
I agree with those that said that you don't mess with what you did so now what you need to do is try and fix it how I don't really know but, I do think you need to try and do a cleaning or praying what ever your beliefs incline you to I personaly believe in Jesus and he is my savior in everything He is the almighty and there is nothing that I cannot do through him. So my advise to you go with what you believe and hang tight to that. I found that burning lavander helps me a lot.
Good luck and God bless!

Luv
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Boy, we never thought when Mom came in to ask us that question that it would cause such a problem. Like Mom just told me this morning, that's what happens when you try to describe a group of people. You steriotype and only know what one or two of the group think they are all about. You all know my Mom, she would not try to mislead nobody. The words came by us, not her and that is how it is in our school and where we hang out here in our town. Like she says, things are different all over. If you have to slam someone, do it to me not her. The second part of her comment was all her.
Andreo (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Hi jablescanfly, I am going to actually discuss your issue rather than debate the meaning of goth and emo. It's terrible what is happening to you, I really do feel for you. And don't take those absurd comments seriously that this ghost could kill you, nothing has that kind of power over you. It is a joke and it was said to create fear. Everything you need is within you. I suggest you firmly tell this thing to leave you alone, as suggested in the other comments. If you are afraid at night, leave a light on. If you are afraid of being alone, make sure you are with someone. Do whatever it takes to build your strength then fight this. You have to toughen up and not accept this... It has no right. In the meantime, get the movie The Celestine Prophecy out. Even if it is not right for you, it can open your mind and give you other options or a kind of strength. Good luck!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
No problem, if I am off, I am off. That was the description of all of those "groups" as given to me by the teenagers that were in my home, and on the phone yesterday afternoon when I was in here looking at this site. I asked them all for their own personal descriptions of the "group" they claimed allegiance to. Those were their words. And why they chose the "groups" they were in.
As I am no longer a teenager, sometimes I ask them what is up in their differences. As me daughter is in that society, she (and her friends) are the only source to what that is all about.
My apologies over the fact that their descriptions are not the same as everyone else's.
huendchen (49 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Firstly, White Buffalo is way off-centre about what Goths and Emos are and what they stand for. Secondly, the fact that Jables is a Goth or an Emo has little relevance to the story. Thirdly, I agree with the others about having more respect for the dead - they are not there for you to play games with or ridicule. It seems obvious that something followed your friend home that night and has now attached itself to you. As Centercore said, you need to tell this spirit that it is not welcome at your home and it needs to leave you alone. Tell it that it has to go to the light. Failing that, if it doesn't want to leave, have the house blessed or smudged. I know I haven't really said anything the others haven't, but the more posts the merrier right? 😁

Huendchen.
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Thanks for the story, and I hope you get help about the situation.
And I'm sorry Buffalo, I also have to disagree. The thing you were talking about is the goths/emos. It's many things, music style, clothing styles and a lifestyle. And I have friends that are goth, and they are the nicest persons I have ever met, they just dress like that.
But the "wannabes" usually do what you say, they try their best to be like one... When they really aren't.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Every now and then you come across a piece of literature that you feel is not worth commenting on. I think I have found that piece.

FRAWIN 😐
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Well I learned something today about goths and emo's who knew? Don't know if I would want to belong to that kind of group. Ex hippy here but we were into love and peace. Anyway I don't know if an entity followed her home or is this just the power of suggestion from one teen to another.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Hello jablescanfly. Quite a name. What are jables? Anyway, I must disagree with whitebuffalo on the Gothic thing. Sorry Buffy! =) Gothics have their own style and are not stupid and do not copy the latest trend. They DO care about the world but DO not care what people think of them, their clothing style or their hair style. Look up this website:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gothic. However, I do agree with WB on EMO kids. What she says is very true. I hope you are not one of those emotionally messed up kids!
Also, shame on you and your friends for poking fun at the dead. I can only say that it is due to being a child. I hope you learned your lesson because you might not get so lucky next time. It was very disrespectful for you and your friends to do that someone's grave. PLEASE do not do that again. It would be much apreciated. 😐 ~Shelby ❤
CenterCore (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
WOW, that's freaky... All I can suggest is, at least the way I deal with "Jerry" (read my stories) is just to pretty much ignore him, and I know it sounds hard, but the more I act like I don't give a crap, the more he leaves me alone. It sounds hard to believe but it really works, and if he doesn't stop, tell him (or her) in a clear, loud voice to leave you alone. You just gotta be firm about it. It sounds so weird talking about it like it's commonplace, but for ME, it is... I know how you feel, like an "outcast", I do too, and for many reasons. Just keep telling yourself it WONT hurt you, and you'll be alright.
- CORE
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Now that my rant is over, I would like to tell you that I think the Fatherly voice that told you to leave was The Father. That is just my opinion, but when we take it upon ourselves to belittle and make fun of those we are ignorant of (ignorance is simply the absence of knowledge) I feel as if He steps in to show us the err of our ways.
Do not take His lesson lightly. To do so would make one "stupid", not "ignorant".

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: