You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Houses and Vivid Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Houses and Vivid Dreams

 

Following up from my first story about the house I live in that was built in 1860 that has 3 ghosts, I want to talk about other strange things that happen in the house that I believe may have something to do with the house or more so, what's in it. 3 of us live in separate flats within the house and we've all admitted that since we got settled in there we've all had weird dreams, some scary, some funny, some eccentric too.

They are all really vivid, the ones I have are mainly silly or eccentric and we normally have a laugh about them the next morning when we get up and talk about it but my boyfriend gets really bad dreams and often sleepwalks.

There has been an occasion where he has got up in the night, left his flat, gone down the stairs and hidden his wallet in the cardboard recycling bag, we spent the whole of the next day looking for it.

Another time he dreamt that the wall out the front of the house had been stolen, when he woke up he said to me "I hope they catch the little gits who took it", I said "What?", he told me the wall had been taken, he was really freaked out when he looked out and saw it was still there.

The worst one was recently when we were sleeping apart because I was ill, at about 2am I got a call from a withheld number on my mobile so I rang my boyfriend as I gathered it could only be him at that time of night, when he answered it was clear I had woken him (OOPS), I told him a was really uneasy sleeping as there were strange noises keeping me up and I asked if I could go up and get in his bed with him, he said no and told me he'd had some bad news that night, he told me how he'd had a call from his best friends girlfriend who was very upset and telling him that his friend had passed away from a heart attack 4 days earlier, he even told me when the funeral was going to be and that they were going to do an autopsy. I gave my condolences and went back to bed.

The next day I was going through my recent calls and there were 2 numbers with no names, one was my friends and the other was my boyfriends friends number (he'd been trying to call him on new years eve as he was worried) but I didn't know which was which, so I rang one at random, when he answered I asked if it was Andrew and he went "No, Colin" (My boyfriends "dead" friend).

I told my boyfriend later who I'd spoken to and he was gobsmacked, he really thought his friend was dead. He'd dreamt his friend had passed and even discussed it with his friends partner, on the land line. He could have told everyone about his death when all along he had just had a vivid dream.

We're always having these dreams, some are OTT, what do you guys think? It's never been like this until we moved into that old house.

Other hauntings by Kat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Sometimes, when my mind works overtime trying to deal with the things that I see and hear during the day, natural and unknown, my dreams take on an unreal quality. Sometimes I see very vivid pictures of horrible or sad things that seem so real upon waking I will make a few phone calls (I have been known to wake people up, too 😊) or just go through the day thinking that it really occurred.
It seems to me that these are the kinds of dreams that are occurring here. I could be wrong, but it just seems like an overactive thought cycle that does not stop while it is supposed to be resting.
Thank you.
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi Frawin.
I think you are right, stress is most probably the cause, he has had a lot on lately that would explain for his disrupted sleep. It just seems so strange. He normally has his head firmly screwed on, lately he wakes up confused lol.
The ghosts, its been pretty quiet lately apart from something that happened a few days ago, It was early morning about 7:30am and we had just woken but were still laid in bed chatting and we heard someone walking down the stairs in what sounded like high heels (the stairs are carpeted so couldn't be sure but the ground floor is tiled) once they got to the bottom we were sure they were high heels, the sound is pretty un-mistakable. The next thing we could hear them carrying on up the street. When we looked out of the window there was no one to be seen, about 10 minutes later the sound came back in and up the stairs. It was quite strange, considering there are 2 men and me in the house, I don't own a pair of high heels and the guy from the top flat was away.
Also, the house next door has been unused for about 6 months, my bathroom joins on to that house as its an extension of my flat and the walls are thin, I often hear people talking in there when I'm in the bathroom. I can actually hear the full conversation. I think the whole row of houses are haunted.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi Kat. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Although dreams can be frightening most of the time they are just dreams. Not saying that your beau`s dream doesn`t mean anything, they could be brought on by stress. A visit to his doctor should be advised. What about the ghosts?

FRAWIN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: