You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Think My Sister May Be In Danger

Real Ghost Stories

I Think My Sister May Be In Danger

 

In 2013 me and my mum moved into a house where the previous owner, an old lady, died.

Recently, since I personally moved in 2014, strange things have happened. First, an awful lot of banging would occur. This would mainly be at night and after the first encounter, my cats wouldn't go downstairs.

Then at night, everything, I mean everything, fell off my units in my bedroom. I woke up and returned them to their places and went to sleep, then the same thing happened.

Now, the old lady had installed a foot warmer by the sink, this turns on by itself, then we unplugged it and it plugged itself back in.

Then the smell would come. A smell of burning camphor wood would often drift past and then the switch would activate.

More recently however, whenever I personally was at home, I would switch the TV on, go to get a drink, I would come back, the TV would be off and the remotes in the middle of the floor, I measured it, bang in the middle.

I've also experienced my bedroom door being knocked and then I'm unable to open it. When I can open it, it gets slammed and I hear footsteps but can't find anyone.

My little sister recently got a RC Clown Fish which, with no batteries would move around, the tail would move and the servos would move. This is why I'm here, if something is here, I'm okay with it but I need to have a word to let it know my sister is not to be terrorised.

I also say this because she came down crying and told me she heard laughing. This is not acceptable. I need to know what you guys feel about this. So, tell me, is it a ghost? A good one or a bad one? Help me guys, please?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Matt45950, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-02)
Hi Rook, I have sent you an email answering your questions. I hope this helps and you can help more. Thank you
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-01)
Matt,

My very first question to you is this...

Are you in your early teens, mid-teens or later teens?

I ask because as I read your account it seems as if MORE than one thing could be happening.

Let me break it down...

The Banging and things falling off the units (shelves?) in your room, as well as the door... Poltergeist comes to mind... So if you were 13 (ish) when this began 4 years ago that makes you 17 (ish) now and these type of things are probably becoming less frequent. Let's include your sisters RC Clown Fish in this as well (May include the TV, maybe).

The random laughing, the heater, the smell of camphor and the T.V. May be the former resident making herself known. Has, or does anyone feel threatened in the home? If not then the fear is simply the fear of something not understood.

So, a couple of things here. Address the former owner, by name if you know it, and let her know she is scaring people by her actions. You can even include something about the home being your families now and its in good hands and she can move on.

Next, Journal, Journal, Journal. Keep track of what is happening and when. Also make note of the weather, the emotional state of the individual having the experience and of course the time. This will help you rule out natural from harder to explain things.

I am unsure if your dyspraxia may affect your ability to do any of this... If you think it will is there someone you trust who can help? On the plus side, nothing sounds 'malevolent or evil'...it has been mentioned in the comments that camphor is used for cleansing and this may just be the former resident's way of 'saying', "Hey, its 'feeling' negative in here please change this."

Performing a Cleansing is not a bad idea, it ensures that negative energies/entities are pushed out and that positive energy/entities are unaffected. Then a Shield can be 'placed' around the property to help keep the negative out.

Remember, Cleansings and Shieldings are not permanent, they have to be redone every so often so they maintain their strength.

Thank you for sharing, please ask any questions you may have... Either here or via e-mail, my addie is on my profile.

Respectfully,

Rook
Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-01)
The thing is, I don't necessarily want it gone, if it thinks it's a game then can it be told to stop? If it understands that and continues then it can go
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-01)
Hi Matt, it's nothing you did. There's a gremlin in the system that changes words around. 😜 But only for April 1st.

Hope you can find help soon to cleanse and bless your place. How about letting your mom read what you've written? Show her how worried you are for your sister? Whatever the reason, if both of you are troubled, then it's something that has to be addressed. 😟
Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-01)
Sorry, it changed c l o w n to p u r p l e p a n t s. I apologise for that
Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-01)
It's been going on 4 years. And talking of clowns, we did find a creepy porcelain musical clown in the attic where the fish was put. Last night, a cat toy went haywire in my sister's room, I found it, lifted it out and it stopped in my hands.

When I took it apart the batteries were corroded and the button was broken. It shouldn't have worked
Spiritual_Paganist (15 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-31)
This does seem like a bad entity. Maybe try burning incense and chanting a mantra or prayer. I'm very interested in your story and there is a lot happening in it, this entity seems like it wants to scare you. And your sister complaining of hearing a scream and the biggest part of all a smell. It is definitely a bad entity. I had a similar incident to the smell situation of a bad entity and it lasted 3 hours.
Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-29)
I will try these other cleansing methods as well. The thing is, I have dyspraxia which makes me anxious to ask my mum tbh
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-29)
Things are starting to cross here - is it your mom using the board or your estranged sister? Either way, what members here are getting at is that it doesn't matter who gets the blame for using the board but that it should probably go out of use in the household -period- if you are interested in reducing or ceasing activity within the home.

Further, what I and others have tried to explain is that it doesn't seem that the cleansing method you have been using (i.e. Salt and prayer) has produced the desired results. There is more to cleansings than just salt and a prayer- there are many different methods all derived from different religions and interpretations thereof. There are also nondenominational options such as the one proscribed by member rookdygin on his profile. Choose something that you are comfortable with and believe in and keep at it - try something different if you aren't getting results.

Meantime, I'll be sitting out here by the fence.
Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-28)
I've only ever touched a Ouija, my older sister who I no longer see did use them and jokingly claimed she opened a portal to our house. There was a cleansing prayer with the salt
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-27)
Just a thought, if you put down the salt etc without doing a cleansing first you may have "trapped" whatever was there.
I would advise no more use of the ouija and something like rook's method to start over as it has a great cleansing element to it.
I'm no expert but I thought these points may help 😊
All the best and let us know how things go.
(Just a PS - don't worry about the 3am thing, best to keep a journal and I'm sure you'll see lots of different times)
Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-27)
I've found that at 3 am there's lots of banging. That's when it occurs the most. My mum used Ouija, so maybe it's an old 'friend' visiting. The method I already used was salt and a little prayer thing. The fact that all this laughing and stuff happened after the first banishing, we, well I, think it is something more sinister. It does like to annoy me when I'm home alone. The remotes don't move around anyone but me etc. No one really believes me as I'm the only one who witnesses it
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-27)
Maybe the camphor is a previous resident trying to let you know that there is malevolence afoot in that house.

Seems like the ritual your friend taught you may not have had the desired result. Perhaps, trying another would be a good idea if you are still uncomfortable at home - bear in mind that often these these things require repetition. If rook's method does not appeal to you, there are many options to be found online or hit the local library - many religious institutions (churches, temples, etc) also maintain libraries. If there is a religion to which you ascribe, perhaps speaking to some one capable of advising or aiding you in that vein could be helpful.

Seems like your mother may also want to have the wiring in the house checked - just in case the problem is more electrical.
Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-27)
One of my friends previously taught me a ritual which caused a small powercut for 3 hours, then it came back and there was the laughter and smells
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-27)
Matt, you may wish to look into Rook's cleansing ritual to clear the negative energy from your place:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Try it and see if that helps you. Stay safe and be well. My well-wishes to you, your sister and family.
Matt45950 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-27)
Hi, we live near an old mine and we had to have land serveys done. I also know we bought the house from the old ladies son. Recently, after I wrote this, we found the heater to annoying and cut the wire, recently however it's repaired itself, no obvious soilder marks.

Before coming here I have checked times, had heating switched off to check it wasn't the heating. The noises stayed.

As for my mum, she use to play with Ouija boards and has visions, she says it's the old lady and some friends playing. I'm not to sure. The laughter around my sister and her fish is just wrong. The cats hate it too.
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-27)
Hi Matt, I thought it interesting that you smelled burning camphor, which is used in Hindu religious ceremonies to purify the house and drive away evil spirits and negative energies. I've attached a link for your reference:
Http://www.energy-shifter.com/camphor.html

Do you know anything about the history of the place? Do any of your neighbours know the old lady that lived there?

All this activity can be just someone/something trying to get your attention. I know such things can be unsettling but were either of you frightened for your safety? Your gut instinct is generally accurate in feeling out if it is "good", "bad" or simply trying to say "here I am".

You can also try keeping a journal to document all the events that has occurred. This will help you keep track of what is going on and perhaps later determine if some of the activity has a logical explanation. E.g. Banging could be from old pipes hammering, some wild animal wandering inside the house etc. Just a thought. Not sure what could be playing with your sister's Clown Fish though.

What does your Mum say about any of this? Have either of you spoken to her about your fears? Will she be open to the idea of having your place cleansed and blessed?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: