You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My 'other' Mummy And Daddy

Real Ghost Stories

My 'other' Mummy And Daddy

 

I was a weird child. So many had said it who knew me and in my dad has published stories on this site touching on some of the things that happened when I was little. I thought it would be good to elaborate on some of the events he mentioned.

I have heard many stories of young kids who mention life before birth and seeing various paranormal entities. It makes me wonder, is it because they have a wild imagination at this age? Or is it because they are more attuned to the paranormal world and different realms?

I was only around 2 years old when I started coming out with what seemed like impossible knowledge. Of course, being that age I can only remember so much and some of the things I am told by others who knew me at this age, mainly my Mum, Dad and Gran. All who told me their own versions of what I did and said when I was a child and they all said the exact same things.

From early on, and I'm talking as early as I started speaking, I would talk of my 'parents' funeral and where they were buried even though both my parents were very much alive and my answer to this was that 'I mean my other mum and Dad'.

In my pushchair we would go past a church into Saltcoats town and I would state to certainly that 'I cried for my mum and Dad in there'. According to both my parents I would say I was dressed in black.

It is very strange that a child, before they know very much at all about the world, can tell you about what a funeral is like. I had certainly never been to one at that time so it was very strange for me to have that knowledge.

Going on the bus to Irvine town I would point to Stevenson cemetery and say 'my mum and Dad are in there'. Without understanding that people were buried in there. People on the bus would hear me and my mum would be trying hard to smile about and give it the 'The things kids come out with can be so crazy' approach.

My mother was quite freaked out by this. And how could anyone question her? I always had a problem with my 'mum and Dad' coming to get me or 'take me away' and I would sometimes literally hide. It worried her.

If I try hard to recall this myself, I do remember feeling real fear and what felt like real memories. There was nothing strange to me about talking about having another set of parents although I never truly understood how imposible this was. To my memory at that time, I could swear I had 'other parents'.

One particularly memorable time was when my mum and Dad (the living ones) went to the movies and my Gran babysat me for a few hours. I am very close to my Gran and still am to this day and always felt very safe with her.

On arriving at her house I would do my usual, playing with toys she had there for me etc. I loved my grans house.

After a while, I felt I had to get out of the living room. I remember seeing faces at the back window of the living room and to me, they were looking in at me. It terrified me. I had never done this before and felt like a fish in a bowl, so exposed to whatever was looking in at me and no matter what my Gran did to console me... It wasn't enough.

I hid in the kitchen away from all possible view from outside. I remember her asking me

'Why are you hiding in there'

'My mum and Dad are at the window' I said.

My gran must have thought it was a game and sort of left me to it. I didn't come out for the entire time until my mum and Dad (the alive ones) came back to collect me.

'Why are you hiding in there?' My Dad asked me whilst I was wedged between two kitchen cupboards.

'My mum and Dad are looking in the window at me' I said, still hiding in the kitchen corner.

My dad was puzzled but very used to this by now and tried to reassure me by telling me that my 'mum and Dad' are here in the house and definitely not going to hurt me.

'No, my other mum and Dad' I said so surely.

It was like they had come back for me and wanted me back with them or something. I didn't get particularly good vibes from my 'other parents' either if I remember right. The thought sends chills down my spine to this day and is still very much a topic of conversation at get-togethers.

I also had talked about a memory of being born. My mum laughs at this and I realise how silly it sounds and probably impossible. But somewhere deep down in my memory I feel I can remember coming out into the world from darkness and instantly knowing who my mum is and the hospital sheets and the smell of the hospital. Just like tiny snaps of being new into the world.

Was little me seeing my parents from another life? Or was it just my imagination? It's something I ponder quite a lot and would love to know the answer to.

Other hauntings by CatsInBlackDresses

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CatsInBlackDresses, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-12)
I am a believer in past lives. I have my own hunches about my own but I'm not sure that I am ready to share them just yet (hah! I know to anyone used to seeing my posts just how out of character that sounds!).

What LuciaJacinta said though is also interesting. The whole thing reminds me of Neil Gaiman's "Coraline" - a little girl with other parents that weren't quite good.

Perhaps both are true. Maybe you were recalling a past life but your former parents weren't terribly good people.

It would be very interesting to see what you stumble upon if you visited that grave yard. Checking the church registry might be fruitful as well to see if any names pop out to you. Just maybe bring a good friend - if these "other parents" really aren't the nicer sort, I don't like the idea of you going there on your own.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-10)
Oh, I guess it is written hypnosis... Sorry I just mixed my native language with English and it almost looked like a "hyper nose" 😲

Me and my sense of humour... 😊
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-10)
Cats,

Thank you for sharing such an interesting experience! And Jubelee thank you for sharing the link to Cat's dad experience 😉

In my opinion, your experience really is connected to a past life. Even though I do not possess a lot of knowledge about this matter, I know someone (a good friend of mine who possesses psychic abilities) who enjoyed being alone, and by alone I mean away from everybody and everything. Still, she got married, had two children and now in her 50's still gets the need of being alone for some time. Well, straight to the point now, she felt there was something more to that feeling and found out through a hypnose session that she was a nun in a past life...

However that need of being alone affects a little bit her personal life so she is trying to turn it around, and she is succeeding.
Maybe a hypnose session/regression therapy could bring you some answers, but Jubeele might also be right as some things are better left alone.

In my case, as a child I had an unexplainable fear of fire. I mean, I was scared of the candles in a birthday cake and it would take me forever to blow a candle, to my friends and cousins amusement because they would blow it instead of me most of the times, as I had to have a safe distance. As a teenager I was scared to lit a candle or a light, anything to do with fire made either run or hide - and I mean literally- until I was sure I'd be safe. But I had never, and it was confirmed by my immediate family, get burnt. Never had any experience that would trigger such fear. So it didn't make sense.
That same friend told me it had something to do with a past life, but in my case I prefer to leave it alone.

But this is your case and only you know how it still affects you, or if it still affects you, so maybe you should go with your guts.

P.S.: Now a grown woman I overcame my fear and I can lit candles, lighters, fireplaces and so on. 😊

God bless. ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-09)
CatsInBlackDresses,

I do believe that some children have memories of past lives and it definitely sounds like you were relating past life memories to your parents. However, the incident at your Gran's house caused fear. It seems that your other memories did not include a fearful reaction. Is that correct? This encounter stands out to me for that reason. The only reason I can think of is that you were just fearful of being taken away from your parents (a natural reaction). Do you remember why you were so fearful at the time?

As for past life regression, it does sound interesting. I would suggest finding a reputable practitioner and making sure you are ready (mentally, emotionally, etc) for the results and process.

Definitely a fascinating story and subject. Thanks for sharing ❤
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-09)
Hello cats, great story I really enjoyed it. I think it is very possible that you were having past life memories. And those memories caused you to remember and feel something about that past life or person in it. It is said that some children when they are small they will remember things about there past life because they are younger and your brain might still susceptive to remembering some of those past life events or people. We are so young that sometimes we still have those thoughts engraved but go away as we grow older and the younger you are the most likely you are to experience this thoughts.
So anything is possible so I have no reason to say this was definitely not something of your past life, because I think it is.

I would like you to see this video that the youtuber kendall rae did. She talks about a boy who was having past life memories and since a young age he knew everything about planes without anyone ever telling him. Well you will be very surprised about who he actually was in his past life and everything he managed to remember. I really enjoyed it and I think you will also.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbRUDPyhW0
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-08)
I was also fascinated by your dad's accounts But, I have a different take on this. I don't really think it was another mum and dad but 2 spirits for whatever reason are trying to fool you into thinking so. I just go by the feelings things bring and if you were terrified then I'd say it was unlikely. Even if it were true that they were your other parents then why would you want to reopen a connect to people that terrified you? Some past relatives aren't necessarily nice and they are better off not knowing or connecting to. The thing about being the baby and being born... Now that I think could be your real memory. This comes from having kids myself and the moment I had them and they look up at me and just know I'm their mom. I don't think this ever goes away. Maybe most of us don't "remember" it but I think it must leave a vivid impression somewhere up there in our minds.:)
CatsInBlackDresses (3 stories) (5 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-08)
Hello! Thanks for te responses everyone! I would love to do the past life regression thing as it would be very interesting. It's something I'm considering strongly.
I think the idea of going to the cemetery is great! Maybe just take a walk and see if I am drawn to anything in particular.
It did seem like very bad memories I had attached to these 'other parents' of mine.
I would love to take you all with me! Hehe x
Serenflipppity (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-08)
Hi Cats,

I'd always wondered about your dad the other YGS members have referred to. Thanks Jubeele for posting that link.

My immediate thought upon reading your account was past life regression therapy. And while I agree with Jubeele "That could open a whole heap of issues better left in the past...", I would consider the positive spectrum of a past life perspective that could better help you understand the different ways in which your past life experiences have impacted your current life and personality.

All the best, Maxine
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-07)
Cats, thanks for filling in more details for us from your POV. I was really fascinated when your Dad first told us about your experiences as a child:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25431

I'm thinking it was a past life memory. Something that was imprinted on you from an early age. But whatever it was, it doesn't seem to have been a good one. You were terrified at the prospect that your "other parents" would come to "take you away". For that reason, do be cautious if you're thinking of hypnotherapy or past life regression. That could open a whole heap of issues better left in the past...

But perhaps when you're ready to search deeper for answers, you can make that trip to Irvine town and have a look at the Stevenson cemetery. See if any of the grave-sites resonates with you. Better shield first though and bring backup for safety. Ask Dad or someone you trust to go with you. Keep a journal of your impressions.

I'd love to come along with you too... 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: