You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Knock! Knock! Whos's There?

Real Ghost Stories

Knock! Knock! Whos's There?

 

This is an another incident at the ancestral house. It is Christmas vacation and the old house is lively again with laughter and noises. It was Christmas holiday of 1986 and my family of four, my father, mom, my brother and sister and myself just arrived 3:30pm. In the old house. My uncle with his wife and three children arrived at 4pm.

My whole family are all inside the master bedroom watching tv while my uncle's family were in the other room fixing their things. The yaya at that time was in the kitchen preparing some dinner for all of us. While still watching tv programs we heard 3 knocks and my mom quickly answered, "who is it? Come in". Nobody answered so we just brushed it off and continued watching tv.

The next moment we heard three knock again. My mom asked who it was but nobody was answering. So my father told my mom maybe it was yaya who was just shy to answer. So my mom went outside but nobody was in front of the door. She opened the door so wide so all of us saw that nobody was outside. My mom went to the other room to ask if they were the ones who was knocking, but they said that they were busy unpacking their things. So she went to the kitchen and asked our yaya if she happens to be out in our room and was the one knocking our door. Our yaya was confused and said that she never went to our room to knock because she was busy preparing our dinner.

Who could that be? Our door is a solid wood made of kamagong. It needs some force so that your knock could be heard inside the room. If nobody from us knocked at our door at that time, then who could it be? Then my father said that it could be the ghost of the old lady who died there a long time ago so all of us offered a prayer for her.

Other hauntings by rumpoint

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rumpoint, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Slacker (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
for JPing: a "yaya" is a nanny, or babysitter... 😊

Nice story by the way rumpoint.
rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
I think I can still remember that judgement day hasn't come yet. I also can remember that the Lord Jesus Christ once said that nobody knows when will be the judgement day, not even the angels and Christ himself admitted that He knows not the second coming. So by reason, I think not anyone who died already has been judged yet.
rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
Hi Jping, thanks for viewing my story. I just would like to add something about this real life experience, that when my mom went to the other room where my uncle is staying that the whole family was in the room including the kids. If you are pertaining to neighborhood kids, I think they would not dare to come in that house because of its scary reputation. Another thing is it is a private property with a couple of dogs roaming the compound.

As of now, only my mom, my two siblings who are already working and a helper are staying in that house. They have leased the upper part of the house where the hauntings are usually felt and they too felt some occurances that they even filled the house with holy relics or statues of saints. I even posted those pictures in my friendster. Just search for vincent paul if you want to see the inside of the ancestral house. I cannot say if I have a third eye or sensitive to paranormal things but for those who are please let me know what you can see in that house. Thanks.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Excuse me for just a bit, rumpoint, I have a question for elner.

Hello elner, I just read through all of the comments that you have made so far to this site and I can not help but to wonder what you hope to accomplish while visiting our site?
Your first comment spoke of a shared experience with Bloody Mary and the rest seem to be discounting everything someone seems to feel about their experience.
Are you hoping to become more knowledgeable so that you can see that these things are a bit more than what you have been taught?
If you have the firm belief, as this comment would suggest, that there is no help for those who have already passed, then what is the purpose of your being on a ghost site?
You can believe and live by what you will. That is your right. You can also give advice when asked for, just like the rest of us. You can post your opinions and feelings, just as the rest of us are able to.
I just can not seem to see what it is you hope to gain by flat out telling people that you think this is all for naught.
Thank you.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
I'm not quite sure what a 'yaya' is but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the knocking was just some kid pulling a prank.

Elner, I think that's a rather awful thing to say. I would encourage people to pray for spirits who have not yet moved on.
elner (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
you can't pray for the dead their judgment to go to hell or heaven is final and if you pray for the dead is useless because theyre jugdgment is after dead and you should only pray for the living
rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Thank you Whitebuffalo and FRAWIN for taking an interest to read on my experiences and most of all sharing warm hearted commentaries. I don't know if I am psychic or has an open third eye.Nonetheless, I experience wierd things when I least expects it to happen. And just like what you said before, ghostly encounters doesn't always to be scary. It is something we have to understand and to respect. More power to both of you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
I agree with WB, I think that most of the knockings people hear is just their way of saying "I`m here can you hear me"

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
You know, rumpoint? I would have to agree with your father here. I wonder also if it is his late ya-ya wanting to let her presence be known. I hope the prayers calmed her soul. It sounds as if she just wants to let you all know that she is still there and to say "Hi!"
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: