You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Second Encounter with the Same Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Second Encounter with the Same Entity

 

As most of you have read already, I had my first encounter with a spirit (of malice as far as I'm concerned) when I was 8. Also I said that he appeared to me twice more. This story is the second time. A decade from my first experience I worked in a petrol station on the north circular road. My shift was the graveyard shift (I always liked were they got that expression from, same with saved by the bell).

I'd peel barcodes from expired newspapers, re-stock the shelves and then serve a handful of customers. But I mostly sat down reading a good book, listening to music and have a smoke (I've now quit). It wasn't too difficult a job. So, one night I'm sitting down at the window were I'd serve customers, book in hand (terry brooks' sword of shannara, my fave) which I'd read already but was re-reading, feet up on the until in front. Totally chilling out. What I was missing was one of my cigarettes. Picking up my box of smokes from the until shelf I realized I had none left. But no matter, for more were only behind me. I wouldn't have to move from my seat. Told you this was a handy job.

I placed my book in front of the camera screen, which had three cameras pointing out into the forecourt, and one looking down the aisle in front of my till. So, reaching behind me I picked up a packet of John player blue (my x brand) and went to pay.

Unfortunately I had to get up this time, because my wallet was in my jacket, in the staff room. I went and got it, paid for my smokes, took one out, lit it, and went to pick up my book, and froze. On the camera was a man standing in front of my till. (I must say before I continue, that up until this moment I had had other spirit encounters, yet I still froze, nay freeze every time I see the extraordinary) This was bad news for two reasons and a third to follow, one the front door was locked! Magnetically, nobody was in the shop, I'd checked earlier, or, could get in the shop. Two, it was him. The first ghost I'd ever seen, standing in front of my till. I stood, staring, transfixed to the screen for a few minutes. Eventually I looked up from the screen to where he should have been, but the area was empty. This would have been ok if it wasn't for the third thing, he was still on the camera when I looked back down. This continued for five minutes, and then he turned away from me and vanished.

I smoked every cigarette in that box and ten more in a row, just to relax myself. This time there was no voice or touching, but he left a mark. I could still feel his presence.

After this I never worked the late shift but did the afternoon shift instead for a few more months, then quit to work in a clothes shop.

Shame really, I liked it there.

Third encounter story to follow.

Other hauntings by alanon80

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alanon80, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Skippy363 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
if the first time you couldn't make out his face, and he didn't speak so you couldn't recognise the voice, how did you know it wasd the same spirit? And if your friends family moved out of their house as a result of this ghost haunting it, and nobody ever moved in because of it, why would that ghost which would be almost certainly residential be at your workplace?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Hi alanon. It's obvious that this 'being' is drawn to you. I think that it is possible that it is a family member or guide watching over you. I'm not sure if spirit guides show up as dark figures though. Hmmm... As I said in your first encounter, I had the same black figure of a man show himself to me about once a year for seven years! I never really new who or what it could be or what it wanted. All I DO know is that he would come every time I moved almost like catching up with me. It seems that things tend to happen more when I was depressed or stressed out. Since my life is a whole lot better, he doesn't come around. And that's fine with me because it gave me the creeps. I'm going to read your third encounter now so I might get a better feel as to what this entity wants or who it could be. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
I jumped ahead and commentted on the third portion of this tale.

I admire how well you handled this 'entity'.

I look forward to reading more encounters that you have had, when you are ready to share them 😁.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
No joke there, Ohio. I would love to get a view of that tape too!

Well, alanon, at first I got the impression of an old time proprietor that had a problem with you "leaving your post" to go get your wallet. Then I read that this was the same man that you saw over at your friends house too.
Not to question you, but just a bit confused, You're SURE he was the same man? Not someone who looked remarkably similar? I think I just have to wait for the third installment as this is rather interesting.
Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Man, no chance you got the tape of the camera, did you? That would have been priceless~!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
alanon, hi. What a chilling experience that must have been. This visit was a little calmer than the other but still frightening. In the first story comments I had asked if you were mistaken about the experiences all being with the same entity, that was before I heard what a good look you got at this guy. Curiouser and curiouser! I wonder why this spirit wants so badly for you to be aware of him? I can't wait to hear of your third encounter, maybe it will make things a little clearer about why he is around you all of this time. Could it possibly be a relative? Maybe even a relative you don't know? For whatever reason, this ghost is drawn to you. Well, don't make us wait too long for the rest of this. Thanks for sharing your amazing story, I really enjoy hearing about it.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hello alanon80. Interesting story, I can sympathize with you as I have had a similiar experience in a store. It can be quite upsetting, I probably smoked more cigarettes afterward than you did. I know that I "cussed" myself for giving up drinking because I could have used a good stiff drink afterwards 😆. I am thankful that it`s over for you, at least for now anyways. God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: