You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Shattered Channel Gate

Real Ghost Stories

The Shattered Channel Gate

 

Hey guys. After receiving good response towards my previous story about an encounter with a spirit or something (and thankfully, I haven't encountered any of these things after my first and only incident), I come with my second narration of an incident that took place near my grandmother's house in Kota, Raj. She told me the story herself and even today, it sends chills down my spine.

The story goes as there was a house near my grandpa's place which housed a family of four. The house had a channel gate as the main entrance. It was said that someone had committed suicide there many years ago (the colony is bit old).

One day, something really strange happened. According to my grandmother, and some of the neighbours (whom I curiously used to ask about the incident because I wasn't born then), at midnight there was an exploding sound which the whole neighborhood heard. 'Everyone' woke up from his/her sleep and went to investigate. Every single person was scared after looking towards the channel gate of that house. It was completely 'TORN'! Yes, torn, and its grills were bulging outwards, as if someone had brought in a tank to drive through it into the street. It wasn't something that thieves could have done. Neither was there any explosion, because that would have made nearby things catch fire. The LPG cylinder in the kitchen was checked, but it was intact. Actually, the whole family was safe and secure, and what wasn't, was the gate. The police were called and after their procedure, left the scene.

Soon, the family called in a priest from the temple on the suggestion of the neighbours. The priest told them what they couldn't have imagined in their dreams. According to him, there was an evil soul in the home who wanted to harm the family, but couldn't due to the regular pooja-paath (prayers) conducted in the house. Due to the holy atmosphere inside the home, the spirit grew restless day by day and tried to harm the kids, but remained unsuccessful in every attempt. And the best part was the family didn't even come to know that something evil lurked there. After the spirit failed, it tried to exit the house. Spirits need huge energy to leave their abode and hence, the destruction of the gate. The priest gave them some instructions, did a havan and left.

Even today, when I cross the house, I look at the gate (they again installed a channel gate) and wonder, "what would have it looked like?" I have another story that was once told by my father, but it would have to wait for some time. Until then, Namaskar!

Other hauntings by slim_shady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, slim_shady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

slim_shady (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
Hello Darkfox and Rashmibandana. Thank you for investing your valuable time to read and comment upon this story. Although, the family that I have referred to here, was not the one to which I belong. Those were the neighbors of my grandpa to whom the incident had occurred.
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Hey slim shady. It was a unique incident shared by you. It was terrifying yet interesting. Most important that your family was safe. Thanks for sharing.
Darkfox (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Hi bro,.
Evil spirits are really terrifying, I don't know why they intend to harm the people of the place they reside 😕. I am glad that your family is safe, maybe thanks to the prayers 😊.
I really enjoyed this, looking forward for your next post ❤.
slim_shady (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Heya Sushantkar... I'm afraid I didn't extract more information from my grandma regarding the incidents that took place in the house prior to the incident. She didn't tell me whether the family witnessed any levitating utensils or doors & windows closing and opening themselves. 😜 But yes, even I think what was the characteristic of that spirit. Thanks for putting up the question.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-27)
Trapped spirit or a strong poltergeist activity (confused)?

There are lots of tales in india of trapped spirit shattering things (all fragile though) but I had never heard of a spirit being that strong to torn an iron channelgate before 😲.

Yes, good to see no harm done to the family.

Regards
slim_shady (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-27)
Hello Jubeele. Thank you for notifying me about another story with the same theme. And indeed, one would definitely get chills while reading about this incident. 😊
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-27)
Hi slim_shady, what an amazing experience. I had chills reading about it too. 😨

Your account made me think of another one from India by ajonverge, about a trapped spirit asked for help to be released:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25220

I'm glad that the holy prayers protected the family and no one was hurt. 😊
slim_shady (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-27)
Neither would I, RCRuskin... But that must have been one hell of a sight!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-25)
I'm not sure what it looked like myself, but based on this, I would not want to meet it. Always nice to learn that prayers worked.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: