You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ria's Strange Man Appears Again

Real Ghost Stories

Ria's Strange Man Appears Again

 

If you haven't read my previous Strange Man stories then I'll fill you in. My middle sister Ria randomly sees the outline/shadow of a man in our house. Now she's the only family member to have seen him. There have been logical explanations such as burglars or random hallucinations but she is adamant it cannot be those solutions.

The most recent experience was on New Years Eve. Everybody was out celebrating. However my middle sister came home (leaving her boyfriend Craig back at a local nightclub) as she was tired and couldn't be bothered with the crowds of new years.

She was upstairs and just walked out of her room. Now her bedroom looks across the landing and down the stairs. So as she walked out she saw (in the dark) a man (no detail as it was dark) walk across the entry bottom of the stairs. She then shouted out "Craig I thought you would of gone home afterwards?" but there was no reply.

My sister is quite lazy so instead of going downstairs and checking the door/window locks (that apparently were locked) she rang Craig on her mobile phone. She asked him "why are you downstairs, I thought you would have gone home? Come up here will ya" Then Craig replied "What are you on about, I am at my home, not yours?!"

On hearing this Ria refused to leave her room. Until the morning when everyone came home.

So whether this was another random burglar who steals nothing or her Strange man, who knows. My mum does have a theory though that it's my granddad as when he was alive he was always round our house doing D.I.Y.

Maybe he still is :)

Thanx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ErinT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
do some research on the area. Find out other possibilities of who it might be. Your sister seems to be sensitive, and gifted in the paranormal. I have some of the same abilities. If it isn't really responding to her attempts at communication, it seems very residual. I believe it to be a positive entity.
HOPE TO HAVE BEEN OF ASSISTANCE!
~Jessi ❤
Releeshan (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-03)
Indeed your Mom perhaps feels compelled to offer a resolution and possibly for her own reason's is conflicted about the spirit realm, and really doesn't know how to explain it to you, Beyond that I'm wondering why he's earth bound still the fact he is describe as a dark image makes me think he hasn't passed over into the spirit realm.
A family member on your mother's side may offer insight, but initially will be reluctant, But in time may be prepared too.
<please note I do not read associated replies prior to responding only the Post itself, So as to not have any preconceptions occasionally ill read the other replies.
MY hope is to offer guidance only.>
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
I would tend to agree with the other readers... You mother believes it to be your grandfather because she has had some type of an experience or encounter of her own, either visual or perceptual, she knows he is there, or is there on occasion It also sounds as if your sister happens on to this 'man' when she is not on guard or when is least expecting it, so he is there watching out for all of you. I hope he is able to move on and find some peace.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
I agree with everyone else on the comment board at this time. I also have a sneaking suspicion that it is not only your sister that sees your grandfather, but that your mother does also.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi, Erin. I too believe that your mom is right. I would be willing to bet that your mom has had an experience or two, if you could get her to admit it. You can do as Bell has said and tell him to cross over and if he is still "seen" chances are it a residual that you will have to get use to.

FRAWIN 😊
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Maybe it is your grandfather just looking out for all of you, it happens.
Its possible that your sister is just more susceptible to the paranormal and the rest of you arent.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi, Erin. I bet your Mom is right. This is no burglar. And it doesn't seem threatening either. While, yes, it is frightening, it is also not menacing. Go with your Mom's belief and ask him to move on. Tell him it's time for him to pass and loved ones are waiting for him. Good luck with everything and thanks for sharing your story. It was very interesting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: