You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Trailer in Michigan

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Trailer in Michigan

 

In 1986 I was divorced with two small children under the age of 4. We stayed with my sister for a year until I could afford our own place. Finally I found our dream home. It was a pretty three bedroom green and 14x70 feet with three bedrooms in it. Just right I thought for us so I bought it. This trailer was in Ypsilanti, Michigan. USA.

My children and I moved in around the end of November 1987. All seemed okay for a period of time. One weekend near the spring time of 1988 my children went to their dad's house for the weekend visit and I was there by myself I was awaken in the middle of the night with the water running full blast in the bathroom which was the room next to mine. I got up looked to see the water on and when I went to turn it off I noticed then it was on as far as it could be on. I could not figure out what made it do that. So thought nothing of the matter and went back to bed.

My sons came back home on Sunday. A few days later my oldest son Jimmy comes into the bedroom in the middle of the night telling me the water faucet was on did I forget to turn it off. I told him I did not have it on, and that I found it one night while they were gone. Which I should not of said as it frighten my son.

A week or so went by all calmed down my children were sleeping in their own rooms again when I heard my oldest son running down the hallway with his brother in tow, "mama mama we are frighten can we sleep in here". I asked them what was the matter and my oldest son Jimmy said "the water was on mama again I went to turn it off and it just turned off while I watched it" he said. After that happen my sons would not sleep in their own rooms until they were much older.

In early summer of 1988 I went to go into my son Jimmy's room and he told me to stop I would step on his friend. I looked around I didn't see anyone. I said where is your friend? He said by the door. I stepped back peered into the room I didn't see anything or feel anything. I told him okay I would not come in when his friend left let me know.

From 1988 until we moved in 1996 things that were unexplained kept happening in the trailer One night my son Jimmy was sitting in the kitchen behind me with a toy car that had a wire on it and was remote control. I took out the batteries and told him I have to get more before he could use it again. Suddenly the car started up right by my sons feet and went around and around in circles for a few times then settled down and was dead again. My son and I just looked in amazement but were not frighten.

My mom and her sister came over to watch a movie with us this was in the early 1990s. We were in the living room and all of a sudden the can opener came on it sounded as if a can was being opened only their was no one near it and we all turned around to see what was happening. My aunt asked if this happen often I told her not that, it was a first but other things have happen since the children and I were here. No one seemed frighten and we just continued watching the movie.

In late summer of 1993 my Mother passed away and I could not sleep for days after she died. I was laying in my bed wishing I could sleep, I then smelled lilacs like the perfume she use to buy from Avon for years when I was a child. I said "Mom I love you and miss you thanks for coming" after that I slept for hours. After my Mom died things in the trailer seemed to act up more often. People would walk half way down the hallway and the lights would come on when we got close to my bedroom they would go off. Some people never came back to my house after that. Sometimes I would nearly be to my bedroom and the hall lights go off and the bedroom lights would come on. I said "Ok Mom you have frighten me stop that" and the light would go back off and I felt fine.

Early in the fall of 1993 I could hear voices in the hallway, my children were in school I was the only one there in my bedroom. I stepped out into the hallway expecting to see someone there and yet seen no one. The water faucet came on full blast, I went into the bathroom and yelled "ok stop this right now I am tired of this dam water coming on all the time stop it" the water went off. And it never did come on again.

In July of 1992 this guy Camerlo came to live with my children and I. One day he came to where I worked and asked me "Why didn't you tell me your place is haunted?" I said what you talking about and he told me this: I was getting ready to take a shower. I turned off the stereo and tv I was walking down the hallway to the bathroom and I heard the stereo on so I went back to see why it was on, when I got to the living room the knob that said off was off but the stereo was on. He left the room went took his shower on his way back out of the bathroom he heard the tv on. When he got to the living room the knob was off, and the tv was on with a picture of a movie. He said he got frighten and left the house to come and tell me about it where I worked. I just laughed told him that happens and other stuff too.

In June 1996 my children and I were packing up to leave we were relocating elsewhere. I was coming up the hallway and my son Jimmy who was in the kitchen said "STOP MOM" I did and asked why, he said to me: "as I came into the kitchen to get ready to eat breakfast I seen a little old lady from the waist up floating across the living room and going down the hallway towards you and I didn't want you to walk over her". I didn't feel anything and my son said she just floated right through me. I asked him if he knew who it was he said: "I don't know how I know this actually, Mom, but I know it was grandma and she looked like she was sad we are not going to live here no more."

We had cats and when I be home alone with them, they would rare up at the end of the hallway slap at something I could not see their hair was on end, their eyes were big black saucers. This would last about a minute and then the cats would come down the hallway as if nothing had happen. I would often find my cats coward behind chairs in the morning when I got up and never could figure out what had frighten them.

The final good bye. The next morning my children and I would be moved out of the trailer and on our way to our new home far away from Ypsilanti, Michigan. That night I washed up went to stand in front of my door length mirror on the closet door. I stood their looking around thinking how much I loved living here with what ever was here living with us. What it was I had no idea yet I was only frighten a few times and what ever was in our trailer didn't ever hurt us at all. I kind of hated to leave the trailer as I knew what ever it was here would not travel with us would stay behind perhaps bother others who did live here next.

So as I was thinking of all this running through my mind and looking into my mirror, I thought I seen something from the corner of my eye, I looked to the right of me out the bedroom door which I could see easily the hallway I could not see anything, but felt there was something out there looking at me. I looked back into the mirror, looked down and when I looked back into the mirror over my left shoulder the reflection I could see was my Mom's face as if she were standing over my shoulder behind me looking into the mirror. I just kept looking it seemed like a long time I wanted to be held by her, she looked sad in the mirror I smiled she just looked the same. I turned around and there was not anyone there behind me. I looked around the room no one could the naked eye see. I looked back into the mirror she was gone forever.

We left the next day June 29, 1996. I went back for years by that trailer and always wonder if what ever was there when my children and I lived their was still lurking around doing their own thing. My son Jimmy went by last year where we lived in that trailer court. It's still there the trailer court, the trailer we lived in is no longer their however. And still I think of that haunted trailer with the memories etched into my mind where I raised my babies until teens and all that went on in there and yet we were never hurt, surprised and sometimes scared but not hurt.

Other hauntings by Flutterofwings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flutterofwings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cag9890 (2 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-11-24)
Flutterofwings, thank you for sharing your stories. I live in MI and I am now very curious to know what trailer park you were living in. I would love to do some research about the area and maybe find out what or who once lived there. Its unfortunate that the one trailer you lived in before isn't there now.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Some of the things in this story (running water, a trailer) are just like what happened to me in my story "A Small Town Haunting". Very good story.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
WB when your computer is fixed then you can write to me then. Thanks for telling me what the problem was.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Hi, Flutter, sorry, my PC at home is in the process of getting a "bug removed" from it. As soon as things clear up there, I WILL be getting back with you. Or you could send me a message on the other link on my profile page.
I check that REGULARILY at work. 😆 Like NOW.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
[at] Angelyn, thanks for your comment to this story. If your feeling like something is not right when you look at a trailer, then it probably is something wrong with it.
When I looked at this one, I had no gut feelings anything was wrong with it. But there were some I couldn't even touch the door knob it made me sick to my stomach. So go with your gut feelings, it usually is the right choice to make.
Angelyn (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
I have heard many stories over the years of things like this happening in trailers and I think that is very interesting! My husband and I were looking at used trailers to buy at one point and every once in a while, we would look at one that I just could not go into or if I did, I would get a terrrible feeling in. I have always wondered if something like this was going on in it...
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Tonith, yes there has been other incidents which I will write about here in the future of being sensitive to this sort of things that go on. Especially with "Premonitions". I started with these Premonitions not sure what age but I remember them since age 4. Also lived in a haunted basement. Then I was not so brave but, when I lived in the trailer with my sons I just didn't feel we were in danger of being harmed. Going through anything like this not only myself but others I read on here. Does help us all to be stronger and have a better understanding to what happen and not be so frighten about it all as well.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Whitebufflo, yes I agree trailers seem to be filled with ghost and perhaps residual can't say why. Except many trailers in run down trailer courts have a lot of crime going on. We lived in the 3rd worse trailer court in that county.
Once the trailer your speaking of was burnt down did all stop happening?
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
[at] Funnylaugh, my mom wore the lilac perfume from Avon all my child life and I did notice when ever I felt bad or was in danger I could smell that lilac perfume she wore.
Once my children and I moved away from that crime filled area to where I live now(children on own). I have never smelled the lilac perfume since.
So I guess she feels we were safe here and did not have to let us know she was their any longer.
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
You have deeply intrested me, in will the spirits still be there?
Your mum although she did not smile but I bet she was smiling inside!
Those spirits are a part of your family if you think about it.
They never hurt you so you will be protected forever.
to your mum RIP ❤
p.s.I WILL PUT YOU IN MY FAVOURITE GHOST STORIES COLLUMN!
THANK YOU FOR POSTING SUCH A HEARTWARMING STORY!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
You know, I am starting to think that if a person were to truly want to have a haunting experience, they need only to move into a mobile home. We also had many experiences in one of our own that actually had to be burned down.
I agree with Kim (Hi Kim, haven't seen you in a while, how are you?) It would appear that strength came out of this for all of you.
Thank you for sharing.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
I must comment you are one strong lady. You don't strike me as the type easily scared. I think your mom knew you were in need of comfort and eventually she also knew you when you no longer did. How strong her love for you must have been. Still is. I think some spirits can visit but are not caught between worlds. I would say your Mom falls into this category. She was just looking out for you and your boys while you needed that. I don't think her sadness was because you were leaving the trailer but that she knew it was time for her to let you move forward. Many religious people think these hauntings are not our family but demons impersonating passed family members. This has always struck me as too cut and dried but according to the bible when we pass we sleep until judgment day. Then others believe absent from the body present with the Lord. Who is right? I have no idea. If I were to guess from your story I would say it was your mom's spirit visiting you. Question is was she the only spirit visiting? Do you still have supernatural experiences now? If so, you are no doubt sensitive. If not, then it was isolated to that trailer or should I say just isolated to the time you needed it. Sounds as if your boys have the same gift. Guess we decide to ignore it or go with it. Being that you were not terrified you did better than most under these conditions. You sound like a very levelheaded person and kudos to you for being able to raise your family on your own with a little help from mom.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Flutterofwings, hi. What a lot of experiences you had there! I really enjoyed reading your story. I'm sorry about your Mom's passing but it's very sweet that she came to visit you. I wonder about the prankster you had in your home, I'm sure it kept things interesting. 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Yes it was nice to know one can experience such things as that happen in my trailor and not be hurt. When my children and I moved from that trailor nothing else ever happen. So a assume what ever was their stayed with the trailor. Thanks for your replies.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hello Flutterofwings. Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was very interesting. By and large you had a pleasant experience. Isn`t it nice to know that you don`t have to be scared to experience the paranormal. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi Flutterofwings. I have to agree with Kim. It seems as though you had a lot of different ghosts/spirits/poltergeists in your home. You and your children must have attracted most of the happenings. Of course, the residual, is just an imprint left not really a ghost. Has anything ever happened to you or your children since the move? Thanks for sharing your story, it was very interesting. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
It sounds as if you had several different situations happening in that trailer home. Some residual hauntings, probsably some poletergeist activity and certainly your mother letting you know she was okay and finding her peace.

It also does sound as if you and your sons are stronger for having had these experiences.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: