You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Presence in my Room

Real Ghost Stories

Presence in my Room

 

Since I was a kid, I've had weird visions and encounters. My parents always listened, but I was never scared so they were never overly concerned. Though my mother always believed me, I think she chalked it up to my creative nature. As I got older, I noticed more and more, specifically at night. Regardless of what house or apartment I'm in, I've noticed a presence between 2:00am-3:00am on a recurring basis - multiple times at exactly 2:15am. Often its just seeing or feeling someone in the room. A couple times, I've woken up because I felt someone rip my blankets off me or had this feeling of someone watching me. But all in all though, it's been alarming, sometimes annoying, yet it's always felt playful and I've never felt any real fear.

Until last night.

I've been living in my apartment for almost 3 years, alone. You hear a lot in an old building and I always think I see things...

But last night I fell asleep around 1:00am. I was sleeping on my stomach and felt something pushing my head into my pillow - trying to smother me. My first thought was this was really happening and I went into defense mode. Though I had amazing resistance - like I couldn't control my body - I moved my arm between face and pillow, reached back to what was pushing me and yelled "STOP!".

There was of course nothing there, but as I yelled, "they" let go of my head and tried to push me off my bed. I felt like I reached the edge and jumped up, turned on my lights and looked around. It was exactly 2:11am. At that exact moment I yelled "leave me alone!" and my iPod went on. As I secured my room, I noticed my bedroom door was closed, but not shut as I had left it the night before. I walked through my apartment and came back to my room and tried to go back to sleep. A little uneasy to say the least.

Do you think this will be a one time event? will it escalate? Or should I take some sort of action against this spirit?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Amee1901 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Omg... This was 5 years ago. I want to ask how you doing right now? Did you found out something new?
Because...the same thing is happening to me for years... I ignore it, when I feel the presence of IT, I turn on the lights and the music... And it goes away. And when it comes, there's this unpleasant feeling and it's totally quiet and very dark in the room and you just want to sleep so badly but you can't. Also, I can barely move, I struggle with it and somehow manage to turn on the lights... I heard those may be the witches. No one believes me though...
Last night I had a terrible experience, the worst one so far. It was hurting me, I never felt such pain. It often pulls me down the bed, last night it tried to pull me off the bed... And it doesn't matter how I sleep, it always comes (luckily not every night). I used to play with it, just to see where it goes, turns out... Not such a good idea, it gets kind of mad and I get totally freaked out. Please let me know how you're doing now... I really want to know what that is. 😕
xJoJox (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
hi I no this is a late post but oh well... I just want to say your story is simular to an experience I had whilst I slept! I tend to get a presence every so oftern just in my room and one night it felt as if some one/thing had lent really hard on the side of my head and it felt as if my head started to shake, cause of the presure - as they done so I woke up and felt as if I couldn't left me head! But I was laying on my side- pritty mad! 😕
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
If it only happens when you sleep on your stomach it maybe sp, if its not and there genuinley is a spirit menacing your grace, maybe you should try and talk to it, see what it wants.
storyluver (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
Hi Laura, I just wanted to say that my iPod also turns on at night around 3:00am or 4:00am and I keep the hold button on. I have also heard voices or at least that is what my sister and my friend said. Well, good luck with finding out what it is!
sferro (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-12)
I am definetly having the same experiences in the last 6 months. I took a photo of the sky Labor Day 2006 3 hours after my Grandpa's burial. It seems these dreams have started since his death! The pic I took w/my cell phone vividly shows 2 angels in the clouds... I will submit to this sight... Did not think of it til' now. Anyway, I don't know why these dreams or whatever have started w/me...it is in the morning early a.m. For me too! Usually 5:30. After seeing the pic I took I believe there is life after death or something very spiritual. Someone is trying to tell me something I think... I don't understand all of this yet, but hopefully researching and digging soon I will. Any tips or direction please advise and thank you in advance... Best of Luck...Shanna
Akcelik (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
you need to surround yourself with people.. create a home. get married. set your intention. look.. set your intention.
A friend (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
Hi Laura,
I read your dreadful story and I'd like to help you. I think that the best actions you should take as a believer against this spirit are the following:
cross yourself just before going to sleep and hang a crucifix over your bed. If that spirit still attacks you, you could try to have your home blessed by a priest if possible or you could do it yourself with holy water.
Best wishes
chicano457 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-15)
i think that the thin line between evil and good is thin. in this day of Godlessness and loos behavior this "happenings"will occur more and more. what troubles me is that you all are trying to talk to them and think that they are friendly. here we have a spirit trying to smother you and you want to talk to a thing that can be next to you and you do not even know it. I feel that you are in danger and not only you but your whole family. please please do not talk to it get a pastor bless the house and stop fooling with things you don`t understand. or know this is not hollywood...........
ParOnormal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-15)
You really must have a ghost in your house. It's just, what does it want. Here's some advice Laura.
If this does happen again, try and speak to the entity. If it replies, reply back. It was probably playful at first, but maybe something you did, or something a realitive did, caused it to turn aggresive.
Thank you and good night.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-14)
If you have a stalking spirit, then I think that it won't be a one-time event, I hope that it was but from my opinion, if this spirit likes to annoy you and see you mad, then it won't stop. I'm not trying to alarm you or scare you. I think that you should probably, just maybe, from my opinion once again, ignore it and pretend like it doesn't bother you, of course when it buries your head in your pellow, you can't pretend but when you feel watching or feel your sheet being pulled off, just ignore it or pick up your sheet and act like it had just fallen off your bed instead of it being yanked off. Then, maybe it will get bored of you and go to someone that will easily get scared, unless of course this spirit wants to tell you something, then that's a way different story. I'm just suggesting this to you, I'm not saying it's going to work or I'm not saying that I garantee it, I'm just suggesting it. Try it out, and tell me your results, your friend- Janice.
TenthLetta (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-14)
Just so you know, I found and signed up on this site because the exact thing happened to me last night from 230 to 330am.. And its seems, now that you mention it, it only happens if I sleep on my stomach.. I'm losing sleep over it, waking up freaked out is no fun after a while. I hope we can figure out how to stop it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: