You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Not Alone in New House

Real Ghost Stories

Not Alone in New House

 

I've always been able to sense the other side so to speak but what's going on now in my new house is just plain weird. I'm a big believer in reincarnation/past life - so I'm very open to the spiritual where my wife's view is more inside the box and doesn't believe very openly in ghosts. We've been in the house since late October '07. I of course immediately noticed cold spots, predominately in our bedroom accompanied by a smell of cigarette smoke (neither of us smoke).

The other night my 20mo son woke up crying around 3am. Being that my wife tends to the new born, I get up with the older one at night. Upon entering his room and lifting him out of his crib I noticed a dark figure about my wife's stature standing in the corner by the rocking chair. I thought my wife had followed me in because it was hard getting up to get my son so I was annoyed that she followed me in. I went and slept with my son on the couch. The next day I asked her why she followed me in. She proceeded to tell me that she hadn't. Granted I was half asleep but looking back, I should have known it wasn't her.

I was home with my son one night, he in bed me in the living room. I had the baby monitor in his room and the receiver with me. I heard my 20mo sirring and then a woman going, "Shh shh shh" "Who loves you?" "I do". I have never been so freaked out - I was wide awake. I went to his room to find him safe and sound, sleeping contently.

Most recently I had fallen asleep on the couch when I was awakened by what sounded to me like a rock hitting my living room window and a voice, I don't know how to explain this... It wasn't out loud but it was in my head, like a thought but not that of my own. The voice said, "that woke 'em up!"

I work 2nd shift so two nights ago around 11:30 I had come home and was watching tv with my wife in the living room. We both heard a loud BANG come from my 20mo room. We both looked at each other and listened to see if he had woken but heard nothing so we played it off and continued watching tv. Well... 5 minutes later we hear this crazy carnival music coming from his room, I of course jump and creep down the hall to his room, peer in to see a jazz toy he has which stands on four legs lit up playing the music we have never heard it play before. Just as I peered in, it stopped. My wife was behind me in the doorway at this point so I walked in, got on my hands and knees to look at his toy to see if there was nay reason as to why it had gone off or to see if what we thought fell could have caused it. Nothing had fallen and just as I got on my hands and knees to look at the toy, it went off again in my face. I checked the toy out, nothing visibly wrong. We had actually just replaced the batteries a couple weeks prior. We also have a cd player which plays classical music for him in his room which after we left the room, decided to up its volume so much as to overcome the sound of the tv we were watching in the living room.

Two nights after that incident I came home and jokingly asked my wife if the ghosts were any bother to her while I was at work to which she responded with a NO. After ditting down I noticed a sound coming from the back of the house. I asked my wife if she had the humidifier in one of the kids room or what was left running. She said she didn't have anything running. I walked down the hall to investigate, opened the bathroom door down the hall and right before my eyes, the water was turned on full blast. I of course was a little ticked off because of the A.) the water bill! B.) we're in a drought and what a waste! To this, she got a little weirded out. She told me that she had been back there after the kids were put to bed no more than a couple hours prior and it was not on, nor did she even touch the sink.

So that is my story. I have spoken with (white buffalo) via e-mail about the situation and she thinks there are 3 beings in my home. Any other feed back?

Thank You.

Other hauntings by BriFischer05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BriFischer05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

replytoall (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-12)
Hi Brian,

This sounds an awful lot like the movie "Insidious."
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
well totoscarebear, as stated in my story; we both checked on him. He was not disturbed and was sound asleep. I do not feel a negative nibe or threat from these entities. You cannot live in fear of the unknown but rather one must embrace and strive for a better understanding of it.

If we felt that there was a danger to him, yes we would have removed from the area.
totoscarebear (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
😕 that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooo freaky! However, I do hve a question? If you dunt mind... Why is it that, you hear all this going down in yer babys room, yet, I never hear that you took him/her out to be with you and yer wife? Not saying it isn't true what you sayed. Juss wondering. Anyway, koooooooool story. Mah daughter and mahself are really trippin. Lol, agian, 222222 kooool. Thinks for shareing.
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
i think that you have two encounters in your home. Its obviously a woman with a baby.
Why a baby though? I think that the ghost woman has killed her own baby or it has died of an illness.

good luck!
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
Mellmelon, I have def thought about that bc it would have brought me more comfort but we actually live in a secluded location with woods around us and no other children around 😨 haha. Thanks for the feedback also, nat! Good luck to you too.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
Hi Bri,
I do have to agree with you. It can be a bit un-nerving at times. I happen to think the same way you do. About the intimacy and all of the other stuff I often wonder if "my ghost" has seen me in the nude! Gosh that would scare me so much since I don't know what sex it is.
I did something that helped me out that shane and witebuffalo advised and that is burning some sage. I also had a small tape recorder and put it in my daughters room and left it recording while no one was home and let me tell you you can find out some interesting things once you play it back or try asking things with the recorder on you might find out who they are and why they are still in this world instead of whre they should be.
I wish you luck and hang in there. Here with all the advise you get you can trully know that your not alone in this.

God Bless you and your family
Love
Nat
MellMelon (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
Your story seems pretty believable. But the part about the baby moniter and hearing the woman's voice, there is an explanation for that: you could have picked up a signal from another baby monitor. It's very possible especially if you live near another couple that has a child...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
😆 Brian, I think I like you. To be totally honest with you, I never thought about "private times" and being watched in those times by something in my house. That is funny (Not Ha-Ha funny, but odd funny) as I guess when I close the bedroom door I feel as if I close them out. One of the reasons being that I burn a lavender incense right beside the doorway. (the bathroom is inside the bedroom) But you made me think.
I can distinctly remember two instances here lately when our door was opened up, stood open for a second or two and then closed. When my husband and I "got ourselves together" to see which child was in need of us (all the while trying to picture what was seen from the doorway 😊) the one was sleeping and the other was tuned out to the world, enclosed in the music of a headset.

Here recently, we tried out FRAWINS same advice that he gives you here. Our home was LOUD, Brian. Truly. We felt immediate relief after incorporating this into our cleansing ceremony. I know there are a few still here, but they are not negative energies. Which, for me, is a good trade off. We can sleep, suggestions voiced out loud are heeded (That is NOT to say that they "perform" for us, they simply return things and go away when we ask for some peace), attitudes changed DRASTICALLY with the people living in the house, and we still have the One's in the house that are beneficial.
I will be honest with you, (I do not see any reason to change that now, do you?) I am selfish. My sons friend keeps him busy while I am doing things around the house. We do not have any pets, so while the sound of a cat jumping from a counter to the floor is unnerving at times, he likes the cat too. My daughters friend prompts her to get her room clean at times (who would argue with that?) and I just want my Father-In-Law here. Pure and simple. I am selfish.
I am also extremely comfortable with these Beings. Remember when I told you about our comfort levels? IF YOU are uncomfortable with them, you can smudge your house and get rid of them. If after watching, and waiting it out a bit, you are not uncomfortable (aside from running up the water bill and the electricity) I do not think it would harm you four to keep them around.
It is all about your comfort. After all, it is your home, it is no longer theirs.
Thank you again.
jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
I agree with whitebufalo and mustang regarding the 3 spirits in your home, I just suggest you move your son to your room or another room in the meantime. I am just quite concered for the boy. It's good that the lady spirit is looking after him, but if I am the parent, I will be totally freaked out and protective of my son... (not saying you are not, just saying what I will do in case I am in your situation) 😁 Good story, by the way, I love the way you related the details of what happened...
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi Brian. Another thing you can try is pure water and seasalt. Make a solution of seasalt and pure water and go through the house broadcasting it with your fingertips, getting in the corners, closets, making sure you get the windows and mirrors and mark all doorways. This helps with the negativity, without interfering with the positive. It also helps to take a bowl, fill it with dirt, sprinkle salt or seasalt on the dirt and dampen with pure water. Set this up out of the way, it helps in between smudgings. We do this when we feel negative forces in our house-it works for us. Good Luck.

FRAWIN 😊
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
I greatly appreciate all the comments and I would like to thank you again, Autumn for the support. I can accept that there are others in the house but it just kind of makes one feel funny at times you know (shower, bathroom, intimate times etc) just thinking that somebody could be watching or is in the room without you knowing. We do have crosses up and I do burn white candles often. My son usually wakes up crying in the morning when its time to get up but today he was perfectly content and actually let us sleep in. When I got up I peeked through his door so I could watch and listen to what he was doing. He actually appeared to be interacting (playing) with somebody. When I went in to get him, I thanked Jamie (whitebuffalo felt that was the young spirits name) for keeping him company. Thanks again all!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Welcome, Brian.
So nice to see you made it on here. I will just sit back and watch the action here as I have given you what I "feel" and I am probably just as curious as you too find out what the others think. Also, I want to see the names. 😉
Thank you again, for trusting me enough to come to me first. You obviously know how to make a woman feel special. 😊
Good luck to the four of you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Great story. Totally authentic. You're in good hands. These folks know their stuff and can kelp you out. Good luck, friend!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
I also agree with white buffalo. I think you have some what of an 'extended' family living with you in your home. The home being new matters not. The 'entities' may be attached to the land or something in the home, such as furniture, or... Well you may never exactly know the reason that you are chosen to have 'visitors'.

I would say they mean no harm to you or your family from your story descriptions, however, I do think it sad that they have not been able to cross over and find peace.

Tell them it is okay to cross over, that they will be at peace and find comfort, even if you do not see or hear them, speak this to them. Say a prayer for them and tell them to go over, that they deserve rest. I would make sure to do this in one of their more active areas, such as the bedroom.

The name Archie or Archibald or Arnold keeps coming up for me, may be nothing, but I thought I would through put that in here, or maybe the name Gabriel.

Also, place a cross in each of the rooms, especially the bed rooms.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi BriFischer05. As whitebuffalo has told you, I also agree that you have three ghosts in your home. One being a woman that tends to the child, one child who plays with the toys in the childs room and one male that likes to be a little prankster, like throwing the rocks at the window. They sound pretty harmless, yet I know that they probably put you on edge a little. I would politely ask not to waste the water by turning on the showers or faucets, not to frighten your children or play with the toys so loudly or throw rocks at the window. Tell them not to be disruptive. Set some ground rules. UNLESS, you want them gone. Then you could use the smudging ceremony. Sounds like you have a loving, ghostly woman who looks after your children. Thanks for sharing your story and keep us updated. ~Shelby ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: