You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: College Imprint in Time

Real Ghost Stories

College Imprint in Time

 

I live in a large fraternity house on our school's campus and next to it is this concrete walkway which connects the school's apartments and dorms and leads to all of the university buildings. This walkway is located about 75 yards up a hill from our house. It's heavily used, a lot of people walk on it, you know big deal, it's a concrete walkway. If you're walking perpendicular to the walkway, you can continue walking uphill for another 50 feet or so on a path that leads to a gas station.

During opening week of school this year I was walking up the hill to the gas station. As I reached the top, I noticed out of the corner of my eye three people walking on the sidewalk. They weren't there though. Imagine you're almost positive that you saw something but when you look directly at it, it isn't there.

Well here's where it gets weird... When I saw these people walking on the sidewalk, they appeared to me in flashes, like say if someone lit up a dark room with a strobe light only for a microsecond, and everything that it lit up was in black and white. There were three people and three 'flashes' and in each progressive flash the people moved about the walkway. Two of them were walking towards the tunnel that lead to the dorms to my right and the other one was walking towards campus to my left. They were wearing attire that looked to be from the forties and didn't seem to notice that I was there. The two that were walking to the right were a girl, which I didn't make out clearly and a guy wearing a letter jacket. They weren't holding hands, but had their arms locked the way that people did sometimes back then. The other girl was walking alone and had long curly/wavy hair that was flowing behind her, almost as though it was blowing in the wind.

In the first two 'flashes' they were walking in opposite directions yet in the third flash, the single girl had whipped around and was staring at the couple. The look on her face gave me the sense that the guy had broken up with her and was now walking around arms locked with some other girl.

Now I said this is where it gets weird earlier, but this is where it really gets weird. My buddy Alex Hopkins claims to have seen the exact same thing. It's weird because we were standing in different places and it was at different times, yet the people were in the same place in the same spot. Alex was standing a little bit further down the sidewalk and viewed the same thing.

When I told him what I saw, he was like "I wish you didn't say that, because I saw the exact same thing..." It's funny because we had both completely disregarded it. He went into detail about what he had seen versus what I had seen. Some of the minor details didn't match up. We couldn't agree on which direction the couple was walking... To or from the tunnel and I distinctly recalled the single girl's hair being blonde even though Alex told me what he saw was in black and white.

I think its more worthwhile to call into point the things we did agree on, like where we saw them walking, what they looked like, how many 'flashes' there were, their attire, and the look on the single girl's face. It's funny sometimes, the things we think we might have seen but aren't exactly sure of. I generally don't like to speak of some of the weird things I see sometimes, but I think I can feel a lot more at ease when someone else tells me the exact same story.

Other hauntings by NickTrop

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NickTrop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

christinikki (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
I was just wondering if you by chance go to UMSL? I hear a lot of ghost stories by kids who go there.
NickTrop (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
oh man, whatever power I have to see spirits has completely blossomed. They're literally everywhere here. Call me crazy but I see them during the day and night. Most of them flicker in and out of my peripheral vision but occasionally I'll see one for half a second glide faintly by. They're usually what I'd like to call very low energy apparitions... They're dim and nearly invisible, yet they're still like that black and white photographic type of appearance.
Something interesting to note. Shadow people are also everywhere, they show up just as often as ghosts and what's funny is most of the time they're not going after me. I can see them darting around even following other people sometimes. I get this feeling that we're all simply dealing with two types of spirits here, good and evil.
Call me crazy but I'm an engineer and I've at least come up with a hands down solution to pushing out the shadow people at least temporarily if they bother you. When one starts to materialize just start thinking of whatever fills your heart with love the most and they'll be gone nearly instantly. It's like its poison to them.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Nick,
Good reporting. You have a way of expressing yourself. I have seen footage of spirit sightings and there is always that choppy motion that you explained. I have never seen one "glide" on film but I have heard people say they did see a spirit glide and it's usually a foot off the ground while doing so. I wonder if this has anything to do with something being residual or active as to how we precieve it as either choppy or gliding. Anyone?
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
it seems as though it was in a black and white film!
maybe that was you in the past?
Remember wev'e all lived before!

xxxx
❤ funnylaugh

p.s. They or WHAT didn't want to hurt you!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
What can I say, Nick, that has not already been said? Very credible, good read, attention to detail, and answering questions. That makes this very believable.
I have a suggestion on the colors of the jacket not being the school colors. Perhaps that person was visiting from another college and for some reason is stuck in this residual haunting on the wrong campus. Or for that matter, on the right campus in which to be seen. I don't know. It just seems odd, unless the colors of the college have changed as they sometimes (however infrequently) do?
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
NickTrop, thanks for the quick reply! I am anxiously awaiting your other stories. Thanks for sharing them with us. I enjoyed this one.
NickTrop (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Thats the only thing I'm not quite sure of. You know how you can sometimes 'feel' a color. Thats what it seemed like to me. Even though it was so fast that significant color wouldn't show up it felt as though the girls hair was blonde. It also felt as though the guy's letter jacket had red on the arms even though I know neither of our school's colors are red. Its really hard to depict what you see sometimes, especially when its not completely there and only for split second intervals. Immediately after seeing stuff like that I'm always like... "wow am I drunk or something because I swear I just saw that..." I hate seeing this kind of stuff because I think I'm hallucinating.

By the way, I'll be posting more once the post submission thing goes back up. This possibly the least of my encounters. I've got a crazy story to tell about a three dimensional hooded shadow I once saw.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
NickTrop, Ohiowatha is our resident skeptic and always digs deep. He's got the good questions and you had some good answers. Mustang brings up a good question though. You were very detailed in everything but that one little discrepancy. Please clear this up. Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Hi NickTrop. This IS a very intriguing story to me as well. I find that I agree with Kim as well as Ohio and FRAWIN. The only question I did have is that you said that you saw them in black and white in paragraph 3 and then in paragraph six you said the single girls hair was blonde unlike what Alex had seen. Just curious about that part of your story because you said that all of it was in black and white.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
It sounds as if there is a type of residual haunting in that area. There may have been some type of 'extraordinary' event that occured causing these individuals to leave an imprint on time, repeating itself.

I would also agree, all matching details are not necessary. For me, I would tend to take into consideration that all individuals who saw the occurance where not looking for the same things, not in the same frame of mind and were probably a bit freaked out, so to speak, by what they had just witnessed. For example you can have 10 witnesses to a robbery and have 10 differing descriptions of the robber.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Ah, good point, Frawin. Sometimes, corroborating evidence is TOO convenient, true.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Hi Nick. I found your story very intriguing. I agree with Ohio in the way you laid it out. It left no doubt in my mind that you were telling the truth. You stated the facts instead of spinning a tale. I wouldn`t worry too much that yours and Alex`s account didn`t match exactly. Ask any police officer and they can tell you that no two witnesses` account of a crime matches exactly-there will be discrepancies. The fact that the two accounts DIDN`T MATCH made it all the more credible. Take Care.

FRAWIN
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Thanks for the story, Nick. And thanks so much for the acute detail involved. This, to me, shows that you are trying to get across as much information as possible as if it is just assumed that you will be believed. And you are. You are relaying only the facts, like a scientist, and I sincerely appreciate that. While you may not realize it, all good stories like this are being recorded. I'm constantly amassing evidence to try to discern patterns in supernatural encounters.

You must continue to research this area. If you have time, maybe get together with your friend and see what else you can find either historically or first-hand.

Thanks for being empirical for me!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: