You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Stories that May Have a Deeper Meaning

Real Ghost Stories

Stories that May Have a Deeper Meaning

 

I'm not saying my house is haunted. Because that would (most likely) be false. But I can put my finger on some weird things that have happened. My Dad has also only had one "ghostly" experience. Weird, too, because he is 53 and has had all the chances in the world to have a paranormal experience.

For example, when he was in the Army in Texas, he was out in the dessert, at night, where you could see anything in the sky. He never once saw a UFO. It was the perfect setting, too. But when he was 12 and he lived in Long Island, he and some friends went to a friend's house and played ball. Then they went inside, and headed down for the basement. They were the only ones there. When they reached the door to the basement, they heard a screeching sound of aluminum on the floor. They ran back up the stairs as fast as they could. They looked through the basement window (outside) and saw the chair had moved all the way across the room. When the parents came home, they took them down to the basement to show them the chair had moved. But guess what? The chair was back where it was in the first place. Nobody believed them.

My Mom's friend's birthday was recently. When she lived in Akron, Ohio, they were supposed to move to California, get married, and live together. But he left without her and got back together with his ex-wife. My Mom was upset, and never answered his phone calls.

One day, she decided to call him. Unfortunately, she found out he had died a couple years earlier. She was devastated. Around the time of his birthday, she found feathers around the house. We never find feathers around the house. And we have no pet birds. She also found coins. Ok, so maybe it was a coincidence? Well not exactly...

One morning she woke up to make coffee, and was about to take the cup out of the dishwasher, when she saw a penny. The cup was turned over, and the penny was sitting on the bottom of the cup. Explain that, please. Who would put a penny on a coffee cup? My Mom doesn't do it, she's busy all the time. My Dad is at work all day, and goes to bed early. My sister is literally, never home. And I didn't do it.

Lastly, I want to tell a story about my sister. She was about 14 or 13 when this happened. She had just started doing her own laundry. Keep in mind, she does not have a job, and my parents would not secretly do this to her. Like I said, they are busy. Every time my sister would do her laundry, she would find money in her pockets. Lots of money. I thought maybe she kept putting the same money in her pockets, and thinking she had found more. But that wasn't the case.

1. She didn't have any money.

2. She started collecting it, and came up with a lot.

After awhile though, the money stopped coming. I don't know what happened after that.

I probably have more stories... I just cannot recall them right now. But when I remember them, I'll post them :)

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Other hauntings by pinkpantherclue

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pinkpantherclue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Hi Pink,
You have me looking through your stories again. I was reading through the comments and see that the coin was tails up and in the bottom of an empty coffee cup.
When I was much younger 😊, (no I will NOT tell you how much younger) my Grandmother would do readings for us out of our coffee cups and this comment line brought that experience back to me.
I do not know why I did not think of it the first time a posted a comment eons ago, but for what it is worth, here is what she taught me...
An upturned coffee cup means that you are to take notice (for that matter, it is any type of cup, or bowl). It is like a neon sign pointing your attention to something.
A coin found with tails up would mean the END of something that is important (On the flip side, excuse the pun, Heads up means the beginning of something).
You did not mention in the story. Can you remember if something ended around that time that was pretty important? The next paragraphs only mention your sisters new found wealth.
Thank you.
xCharlotte_Jeremyx (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
is the man who dies in your story to do with your mom or your moms friend?

ive heard about the cup thing before. Weird.

i totally believe you.
kinda strange about the money in pockets though.
penguinluverS (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
I wouldn't recomed using it thought, its like a portal for good and bad spirits to enter your home.

Thanks
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
I understand that :) Just an extra note.

My sister also has a oujia board.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Hello again pink. I asked if it was on heads or tails not thinking it was a prank but that it might have been an attempt to leave a message. Take Care.

FRAWIN-
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Hmmm, money appearing is a new one for me. I have not heard of that until now. Nor have I heard anything about feathers. How odd.

Should you remember more stories or come up with any types of answers to the questions you pose, please keep us informed.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Thanks for the comments everybody :)

The coin was on tails. My family arent really the ones to prank each other. We jokes, but I'm the only one that would prank.

Although, I do hear weird stuff at night. Once I saw the attic door opening, and then slowly closing and it scared me so bad, I thought I was going to die. I'll post the story :)
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
This is a long shot and I mean no disrespect to your mother or father but is it possible the ex has some connection to your sister? I have heard of needed money showing up but never a ghost that gives it away for the heck of it. Trust me that ghost would be very popular and wanted in most homes. Again, its just curiousity on my part nothing judgmental.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Hi pinkpantherclue, I have a story posted here titled 'Uncle Rocky part 3' where I speak of coins I have found all over the place. I know what you mean. Things sound quite weird there, I think you would be fairly accurate if you said your house is haunted. It sounds like your Mom's ex had a few regrets after he passed on and decided to re-visit her. You could check out the history of the house but I'm betting on her ex. Let us know when you think of other experiences. It's very interesting.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hi pinkpantherclue. WOW, that's a long name. I have heard from Sylvia Brown about spirits leaving coins, not paper money like dollar bills or anything, but coins in different places. I would like to have that spirit around my house also! Thanks for sharing your story.
Shelby ❤ 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
I have heard of money and other trinkets missing but not money given. Whitebufflo are you of the Indian culture?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hi pinkpantherclue. Assuming this is all true, which I have no reason to think otherwise, was the penny that was found on the cup on heads or tails. I have my reasons for asking.
As for the part about the money, while I have never heard of it before, it could be possible. I have heard of spirits taking things and returning them later, hiding things and even keeping things they took so it`s not that big a stretch with them giving money. I would love to be haunted by that ghost 😊.Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hi Pink.
It is an old tradition in my belief system to "pay" for favors from the Spirits. All spirits, including those that reside within plant life. When I see a flower (that I have planted the seed for) that I think would look pretty on my dining table, I ask permission first to pluck the flower, leave a trinket of some sort (you guessed it, it is usually a penny) and then promise to replant once the time is right.
When we notice that something has been cleaned, or more accurately, straightened, we will leave out four or five pennies to pay for the favor. I do not know where you are in your life path, but that is just my family's thing.
As for the finding of the money all over the place, and especially in the laundry. I wonder if the being that was leaving it for her was a miser in life and was sort of "sharing the wealth" so to speak. I have only heard of one other instance in which cash was a central point for a ghost and it was the opposite type of thing. Money would be MISSING. So I am very much in the dark about that aspect.
Thank you, I hope someone can point you to the answers you seek.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: