You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 5th Family Member

Real Ghost Stories

5th Family Member

 

Hi I'm Melonlover, I have submitted some stories before, but I have more and in this story I will be going through everything that has happened to me in my house. So you may have heard one or two of these experiences before. Please read all of it and feel free to write a comment at the end. Before I start you will need to know that I am not and would not make this up.

It all started one day in year 4, it was just like any normal day in a normal week. I went to school, had tea, did homework and went to bed, except that night I decided to go to bed in my Mom's room. She has a double bed so there was plenty of room. I was upstairs in that room alone for a while because she had to finish of a few jobs downstairs. I was almost drifting of to sleep when I got this worried kind of feeling in my stomach, I could hear heavy breathing in my left ear. At first I thought I was imagining things, so I held my breath to see if it was me, but it most certainly was not! This made me paranoid to go in that room alone again, and my mom didn't believe me.

Another funny thing was that me and my mom were home alone and I was in the dining room and she was in the kitchen, they are quite close really. I was on the computer and suddenly there was like a bang upstairs, like as if someone stomped their foot or hit something. Then as soon as I had calmed down and thought it was nothing there was another bang right behind me! That's when I got really freaked out that I had to leave the room.

Another thing, I at first brushed of as nothing, was the little deep whispers in my ear. It first started a few years ago and I sort of forgot about it until I heard the second whisper last year 2007. Except I can never figure out what it is trying to say though it sounds like it wants to scare me. It's very faint.

One day when I came home from school I went in my living room to go and play on my laptop. I was just sitting there with the light on and they dimmed, went brighter and dimmed again. I thought this was weird and just assumed it was the bulb. Until I heard a sort of faint whisper kind of sound coming from the fireplace, I really can't describe it. Though it was like nothing I ever heard before.

You know the story at the top, well here is a follow on from that. About a year later from the breathing I thought the spirit had just left me alone and passed on. My mistake, because again I was alone in my mom's room and I was casually sitting on the bed, when I heard someone take a breath! I ran out the room and downstairs it got too far fetched for me I couldn't take it anymore.

I have never spoke or interacted with this spirit, and I don't know who it is. But it doesn't feel happy it feels as though it's messing with me or something. Because a little while ago I started to think could it be my granddad or maybe my neighbor? My granddad died a few years before I was born, and my neighbor who we were quite close to died when I was young. But I am positive it's not them because it doesn't feel like a really happy spirit.

Thank you for reading my story, I will keep you updated. Please sign and give me you word =). I will also post another story soon, love melonlover

Other hauntings by melonlover

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melonlover, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

firephoenix (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Maybe you could just put a piece of unwritten paper and a pen for it to write what it really want my friends tried it work. But not to scare you it writes the word DIE...

Fire Phoenix
adwal (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
like you've already been warned, don't talk to it. If you do, what you could be experiencing could be the tip of the ice-berg...
JessOx (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
Interesting story. Well for starters is you house old. Like could someone have previously died in it, or that you know of? And they might be just trying to communicate with you, but they don't know how, maybe you just have to listen. It could be your grandad being with you or trying to warn you about something. Maybe you need to see a phsycic because if its an angry ghost you need to find its source, and get rid of it.:) x

Jess.
sjay (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
hey, spirit girl. I'm starting to have some bad expeiences with my ghost. Last night I had a awful thing happen. My door rattled and at first I was like. "whatever" but then I felt a huge pressure, like somone was laid on my bck. I was absolutly petrified. All I could do was scream and try to break free. I really fought it this time. I've had things like this happen before but thought it was just me been silly. What happens is, I'm stuck frozen, can't move can't breath can't scream, its petrifying and its really starting to scare me when I go to bed. Any advice? I'm sure this has something to do with my spirit. But I don't know why its turned on me.
spiritgirl (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
I think you should tell spirit it is welcome in your house if it is nicer, afterall it may be your house now but it will always be the ghosts.
sjay (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
hi, I've had simular experience. I've been asleep once and been woke up by the end of my bed lifting up asif someone has been sitting there. Its happened 3times and once whatever it is was stroking my covers. I asked my mum if it was her at all and it wasent. It is frightening. And just like you have had breathing in your ear I have to. It seriously freaked me out. And it was far to close to my ear to be wind. I have always felt a presence in my house, at first I had a relly bad feeling when I felt it. Like. It wasent a nice spirit. But the one I have at the end of my bed seems really comforting. I have to say. Although people have commented you saying don't speak to it. I have told mine to sod of sometimes. And last night when it happened I ended up kicking like a mad woman and shouting piss off to it. So yeah. Thought I'd tell you my story since its very simular. I hope you start either having better experience with your spirit or if you get rid of it I hope you have a nicer time in your house. :) xx
Domboshi (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Kanichiwa, Melonlover! Freaky times... Freaky times... 😜
It doesn't sound nice to me either.
Thanks for sharing! 😁

ADAM 😜
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Hello Melonlover,
We are given a certain power over entities that come into our life paths. That is NOT to say that we have control over them, only Someone with the power to create can actually control any Being.
In fact, I find it ironic that I am able to stand firm in my family room, face an Unknown, and say "I banish you in the name of All that is Good and Holy", and THAT Being simply HAS to leave my home. But if I had a human being in my home that I try to banish, I may have to call in the restraining forces.
If you are uncomfortable, banish it. Excellent rule of thumb. Our comfort levels are a type of paranormal consciousness, so to speak. It keeps us safe by sending out it's feelers and to ignore them just might have disastrous results. (Lack of sleep, poltergeist activity, persistent noisemakers)
This is YOUR living space, it is no longer theirs, and I feel that you must just take charge and tell it that it must leave.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Melonlover,
interaction with 'it' would probably not be wise. If it was your grandfather, I feel he would have done a bit more to make that fact known.

Instead of running and panicing when you hear 'it' or sense 'it', tell 'it' to leave. Be firm, tell 'it' in the name of the Lord that is not welcome in or near you aor your home. Be firm! Say a few prayers. Aloud.

Fear can assist these 'things' into manifestation, as the theory goes. Do not aid it along by adding fear.

I would place a cross (at least one) in each of the bed rooms.

Keep us posted!
God Bless! 😁
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Thanks for your help, but it's not that because me and my friend saw the door move before. And things don't move by imagination lol 😁 ❤ melonlover
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
I have heard breathing a few times in my life. Again if I am in bed I tend to make light of it being so much of this stuff does seem to happen when in repose. Am I right in assuming you are a teenager? I have this theory about puberty and kinectic energy which I think is brought about by over active hormones. I think this can also happen during pregnancy and menopause when hormone levels are screwed up. Just my theory and I could be wrong. Hope you can get rid of it. Be firm and tell it to go to the Light and stop bothering you. Let us know how you make out.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Hi melonlover. I have to agree with Bellissima that you must not interact with this entity, except for to tell it to leave you alone and that 'IT' is not welcome in your home.
Shelby ❤
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
No it hasn't happened to my mom, only me for some reason. I'll try to get rid of it though I don't know whether it will go. 😕
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Hi melonlover. Don't 'interact' with the spirit. Tell it to leave you and your house alone. You're afraid and have vibes from the entity so don't encourage it in any way. Try to get rid of it. I agree, it wouldn't be your grandfather or neighbor, they wouldn't want to frighten you. Has your Mom ever experienced anything odd in her room, or does this happen only when you're around? Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hello melonlover, thank you for sharing your story with us, it was an enjoyable read.I'll be looking forward to your future stories.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: