You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Deadly Dream

Real Ghost Stories

A Deadly Dream

 

When I was about 13 I had ran away from home and was staying with friends in saskatoon. Now I can't say they were "good" people as they all had their problems but for some reason they had befriended me and let me stay with them, amazing as they were all much older and could have gotten into lots of trouble about that.

Well, my best buddy and "street brother" was a guy called seadog, he had just turned 18, and gotten out of juvie. He was the kind of guy who always had a smile on his rugged face no matter what and looked out for me like a big brother would. Now at this time everyone was on drugs and going crazy and I ended up getting picked and put into a low security home for runaways.

Not even 3 days later I saw the header in the local star phoenix, "3 caught in kidnapping plot, 2 still sought" well the two they were looking for was saedog and his girl denny. Of course I took off looking for them to help get him out of town or whatever. The first place I stopped was at the apt, which still had crime scene tape across the battered door, it didn't take much to get it open and I went inside and retrieved my journal and the deck of tarot cards that had been a gift from seadog. He of course, wasn't there. But as it happens I got picked up outside by a cop who recognized me and much to my suprise, there in the back of the paddy wagon, was seadog, on the other side of the divider. His trademark smile was missing and he looked very sad, as I assured him all would be well and I would visit (of course!) we didn't have long to talk but in the time we did, he told me what had happened how he had walked in on a kidnapping in progress by the three "friends" and ended up being forced to stay. And now a long jail sentence was awaiting him.

Well they took him off to court and deposited me back at the home and that it would seem was that. But it wasn't. About 4 days later I fell asleep to the sound of rain on my window and the doors singing riders on the storm, and suddenly I was outside of seadogs prison cell, were he sat on a cot with a rope made from ripped and braided bed sheets hung from his hands. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and I tried to comfort him, but he didn't see me until he had hung himself, then it seemed he was looking right at me.

I woke and it was already morning, and I was kind of shook up about the dream but didn't think much of it until about 10 minute after I got I up a counselor came to my room saying I had a call.

The call was from charlotte, the planner of the whole kidnapping and my now ex good friend. She asked if I had heard about seadog, and I went off on her saying how could she, he was going to get so long in jail etc. She said "honey I think you should sit down" and then told me he had hung himself that night. The same night I had the dream and couldn't save him. That screwed me up for awhile and honestly I ran away and can't remember what I did for the next 4 months touring calgary and edmonton.

One day a wise woman told me I shouldn't feel guilty about it, if he had wanted to be saved he would have seen me, or sensed I was there and not done what he had. It wasn't my fault.

PS: Kids, it is never a good idea to run away from home, horrible things can happen and it doesn't fix anything. Take it from one who knows!

Other hauntings by daughterofearth

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, daughterofearth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
I know this is an old post, but the hanged vs hung discussion caught my eye (English minor here). It is indeed "hange"d when someone commits suicide with a noose. "He hanged himself" is the right way to say it, as Ohiowatha (where have you gone? Loved your stories!) although saying, "He hung himself" - while not correct English - is used so much that I suspect at some point, it will become acceptable. Such is the fluidity of our language.

I was curious about "barbed" vs "barb" wire so I checked it out on Wikipedia, and apparently both terms are used.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
TammyMom, you misunderstand. When referencing a person being killed by a rope attached to a gallows or tree or whatnot, the word "hung" is not applicable. You always use "hanged" in this sense because it's a different act than having hung clothes out to dry or something. "Hanged" is the only way to employ this. Hope that clears it up. I fully understand past tenses. Thanks.
TammyMom (32 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Ohiowatha, By the way, it is barbed wire and not barb wire. I just thought you'ld like to know that. That is what I meant to say. It's been a long day and I'm tired. "They got me in the brain pan!" - Quote from the movie 'Legend'.
TammyMom (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Ohiowatha, By the way it is barbed wire and not barb wire. I just thought you would like to know that.
TammyMom (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Ohiowatha, I don't know why I didn't finish my post. I guess I'm just tired. In this case it would be, "until he had hanged himself" and, "he had hanged himself".
TammyMom (32 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Ohiowatha, Hung and hanged are both past tense of the word hang. Examples: He will hang himself. He hung himself. He had already hanged himself. The mob will hang him. The mob hung him. He was hanged by the mob. Why don't you correct ghostlovr and others who say, or type, would of instead of would have? What about those who say, or type, hisself instead of himself? Over the years I have had to correct my childrens' teachers a few times. They told the children in the classroom that I was right and they were wrong.
thor (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
you tried to find him and get him out of town? You should of turned him in for what he did
thor (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I do also feel very sorry for the suacide of your friend but why did he try to kidnap someone?
thor (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Well why are you friends with him when he tried to kidnap someone? You care about your friend and not the person he tried to kidnap? 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Hello daughterofearth,
There are times in life when we form a steadfast bond with another human being for reasons that we may never know. Hand in hand with this is that we may never know the person that this bond was formed with. I feel that should we be granted the gift of foresight, that is a tremendous responsibility and should not be taken lightly. So much could change if we step in and alter just one step in the process of someone elses existence. We may be able to stop the horrendous deed of jumping off a radio tower, say, but then we might push that person off, if we go in and startle them by not using caution with our gift.
Thank you.
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
I think its weird that you saw in your dream that he hung his self and then you woke up and there was a call for youu and then they said that he did hang his self. Its almost like waqll you were sleeping you were in another place and saw what was going on. I like the little note at the bottem about that you shouldnt't run away from home. I almost did once but I stopped myself because I had no idea were I would of gone.



~~Amy~~
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Interesting story. Finding out about crimes-in-progress seems a little too convenient, but whatever.

Writing lesson for the day #34: when referring to a person who has died due to the pressure of a noose or rope around the throat, the term properly employed in the past tense is "hanged," not "hung..." If someone "hung themselves," it means they dangled from barb wire or a fire escape or something. But in terms of gallows and suicides, it's always "hanged..."

Thanks for listening to my harping on diction, I'm a geek!
daughterofearth (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
bellisima sometimes fact is stanger than fiction... Have you ever heard of astral progection, this is how a wise woman explained it to me.
for the rest of you thank you for your comments and I assure you I do have more stories and would never write them if it was anything but true, sincerely, daughter of earth
Epeaches (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
How very sad. I do believe that God has compassion on those who commit suicide and die by their own hands. I believe God looks at our whole life. There was some goodness in seadog and maybe the reason he died was because dying at that point in his life, before he could become a hardened criminal, was the only way God could save him. 😭 So, sad.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
I do believe your story. I have a brother, he is not very old, but... Has been 'running away' since he was 14. I believe it can become a sort of life syle.

I am very sorry for your loss. I do hope that this tragedy and subsequent pain after has taught you, and now through your story, others, that you can not always trust who you think are 'good friends'.

Apparently, there was an awful lot going on in seadogs sadness, much maybe you were not even aware of. His seeing you just as he passed, well hopefully that can be of comfort. It can let you know that he is crossing over, he will finally find a peace he was never afforded on this plane.

I will say a prayer for him, for all the lost ones.
God Bless!
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Bellissima,

I believe her. I grew up with kids like that, runaways and squatters. Sadly it is a reality for a lot of kids, and it's more common then you would think.

Thanks for the story Daughterofearth. I found it very interesting.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Premonitions are strange to say the least. I guess it's possible he was thinking of you as he prepared to take his life and that could have been why in your dreams you picked up on it. I hope your life has since gotten better.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
daughterofearth, I enjoyed your story but I'm not entirely sure I can buy it. Everything sounds like a good movie of the week. Forgive me if I'm wrong, there's every chance I could be, but it just seems so dramatic and too pat.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hello daughterofearth. While your story wasn't a ghost story, it was certainly paranormal in nature. This is one of the better stories I've read, thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: