You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Phantom Shower

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom Shower

 

As background, I live in a house that has had some paranormal activity since we moved in 4-1/2 years ago. My family experiences shadow people, voices and full apparitions. We've only captured orbs on cameras, but have picked up some EVPs. On top of this general activity that we experience, my 13-year-old daughter is a sensitive that regularly sees and speaks with spirits, both in our home and other locations. My family (husband, 13-yr-old daughter, 17-yr-old daughter) and I go on paranormal investigations as much as we have the opportunity, and it seems the more investigations we do, the more we open ourselves up to paranormal experiences in our home and elsewhere.

This is one of my experiences... One day recently I had the opportunity to veg around the house watching TV - not done very often! - and was laying on my bed with the bedroom door shut. The only other (living) person in the house was my 17-yr-old daughter. She was in her bedroom in the basement, at the other end of the house.

I heard someone go into the main bathroom, which was on the other side of my closet wall, and turn on the shower. The shower stayed on for 5 to 10 minutes, then shut off. I thought nothing of it at the time, thinking my daughter had stayed up late and was taking a late afternoon shower. Then I heard a child's voice say "Mommy!".

I got up off the bed and crossed the room, thinking it was my daughter wanting me to get her a towel out of the linen closet in the hallway, a frequent occurrence. I remember thinking to myself that my daughter's voice sounded more youthful than her age 17 voice, but attributed it to the door being shut, echoes from the small bathroom, etc... When I entered the hallway to open the closet door, I glanced at the bathroom door. I was puzzled because the door was full open and the lights were out!

I immediately knew that it wasn't my daughter who had taken a shower, and called out "Mommy is here. Do you need something? Are you there?" I paused and waited for a response, but none came. I also saw no one or heard no movement. After a couple of minutes I went down to my daughter's room and confirmed with her that she had not taken a shower and had not called my name. It was a cold day in late fall, so I know the windows were closed.

I never did determine the source of the voice, the child calling to mommy. Stupidly, I didn't even think at the time to look in the tub to see if it was wet. That would have been really freaky! My younger daughter has seen a little boy peaking up the stair way near the bathroom door. Maybe it was him taking a shower that afternoon. I wish he had waited around for the towel!

Other hauntings by ParaTam

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ParaTam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sistina (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
I want to know more about the shadow people... First my sister saw them when we were kids she said he was Angry She was VERY VERY scared... We are very close and I know she never lied about it. (I can tell when she lies:)) Then I first saw one in highschool at a bon-fire in the woods. The cops showed up and all us "minors" ran into the forest. I hid behind a big tree root (not so hidden at all actually) when he walked up beside me. I was sure it was a cop but then I realized he made no sound... IMPOSSIBLE when walking over thousands of twigs and branches... Then the chills came... Not Human? He knelt down (I think because he was so tall I don't think he was bending) RIGHt beside me inches away and I felt his Warm breath on my cheek. Just then 2 cops entered the woods and he dissappeared and thier flashlights moved right across my bright red shirt several times but they never saw me... We called them Shadow people cause that's what they were... Then later we heard stories on Art Bell coast to coast...we'd never heard of them before my sister saw them...i've seen them other times but I don't think they are bad. But they are creepy... They like to hang out around Moms property line maybe Native spirits? Very Tall Warrior like, not like darkness like a solid void...I've never seen them in HI only Oregon.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Welcome, ParaTam.
Now this is my life.
I have never had any Unseen take a shower (that I know of) but the everyday, just get up and answer whatever it is that needs us, that is our lives.
My family knows just to watch when one of us tilts our head to the side or get that faraway look while straining to hear something that we just caught the "corner" of. Nice to see someone else is doing the same things.
Thank you.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Thanks for your comments. This is my first post here... And anywhere for that matter! I will post more, but some of them will need the approval of family members first.

I've always believed in the paranormal, but my beliefs have taken on a new dimension with experiences in this house, my daughter's growing powers, and our investigations.

Thanks again! Happy posting! 😁
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Hi ParaTam. Sounds like lots of excitement at your house. I like to hear your EVP's, I always find them interesting. I'm glad your experiences aren't frightening or threatening, and that you seem to have accepted them. I really enjoyed your story and hope to hear more about your hunting adventures. Good luck.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
I am glad you keep the ghost hunting all in the family 😁

It sounds as if you have all had some type of experience.

Keep us posted. I would love to hear other stories of your 'hunts' and occurances.

God Bless!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Ah, another who is fascinated by the paranormal... Thanks for sharing your story! 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hi ParaTam. Ghosthunting, now that's a family hobby you don't see everyday 😊. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, thanks for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: