You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts in my House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts in my House

 

Ever since I was little I have seen these people in my house. The first time, I remember, was when I was around 6 or 7 and each night for about a month, I would wake up in the night and see a woman sitting at my desk, write a letter, put that wax thing on the letter then walk out. I was always freaked but I was only young so I thought nothing really of it.

The second time, when I was 7 or 8, (I had a new room because of the extension and my old room was now a bathroom) I had come out of my bedroom at around midnight to go to the toilet. Then I saw a woman (looking around 20-30 years old). She walked into the bathroom (originally a bedroom) holding a candle. She never looked at me but I went straight back to bed and never told anybody, until now, as I thought it was again, a dream.

I didn't see anything else for a few years until recently, when I walked out of the study (also part of an extension) and an old man was standing, staring at what used to be a coat cupboard but to me it was the hallway. I ran back into the study, took deep breaths and walked out again. He was gone.

I then being an inquisitive 12 year old, looked up costume for the edwardian period (my house is edwardian) and the clothes were so similar to what I saw the man and woman wearing!

Then, only about 2-3 weeks ago, I was watching TV with two friends. I don't know why, but I looked at the stairs and I saw the woman on the stairs and then man standing below. They were talking. I blinked and they vanished. I was completely speechless and I kept staring at the stairs.

I then looked in these documents that our solicitors gave us. It said all the people that used to live in the house. Two names hit me. James and Myra Baxter. They moved into the house in 1910 and in either 1913 or 1923 (I can't remember) James died of old age in the house!

Thank you for reading my very long entry. These ghosts never notice me and it's like watching small clips of the past. The "apparitions" aren't clear, but they're not blurry. It's really hard to explain.

Soon, my friend is coming for a sleep over and we are going to see if we can communicate with James or Myra.

Please comment :)

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PixieDot, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PixieDot (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Thankyou so Much whitebuffalo! This is great guys I'm soo thankful! You've been a great help.

Px
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Hi Pixi,
Taking photographs is completely safe. Most often what you will catch is a glimpse of someone going through the rooms as they did in life. You rarely get (at least I have never seen an actual photograph of) an entity that will walk up to the camera and center itself in the frame, smile and wave. So usually there is a bit of distance between you and it.
If it is a residual haunting you will be taking a photograph of a movie playing out on the screen of air where it is recorded. It may be possible to get very similar photographs if the timing is right.
If it is an intelligent haunting, you may get varying photographs of these Beings "going through life", or just letting themselves be known. They are creative, so carefully look at each print.
But be warned, if this is a residual haunting, no contact CAN be made. You can not talk to a telly, and you can not communicate with residuals. If you open your space to communicating with those you can not see, you MAY be communicating with someone you DO NOT WANT to see.
Thank you.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hi pixi,
I know it can be a little scary and unerving to see things we can't explain, but I also think that it is kind of cool to see them. Especially if they are for the Edwardian era that is awesome. I would try to take those picks it would be so cool if you can get them and show proof. For those that might think your losing it 😆
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Hello again PixieDot. No I don't think photgraphing will upset them. If they are an intelligent haunting they will either allow it or not. I have never heard of anyone either being hurt or harsssed trying to photograph spirits.
You pretty well answered your own question on what a residual haunting is when you said,"these ghosts never notice me, and it's like watching small clips of the past..." Here is how Wikipedia defined them: A Residual haunting is thought by some to be a replayed haunting in which no intelligent ghost, spirit, or other entity is directly involved. Much like a video tape, residual hauntings are playbacks of auditory, visual, olfactory, and other sensory phenomenon which are attributed to a traumatic event, life-altering event, or a common event of a person or place, like an echo of past events.
I hope this helps. Take care and God bless.

FRAWIN 😊
PixieDot (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Thankyou for your comments 😁 After reading them I have decided not to contact these 'apparitions'. Would taking photos disturb the spirits?

Pixiedot

P.s What does residual haunting mean?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
I agree that this sounds like a residual haunting.

I would highly recommend against the whole communication thing. This can certainly and most definitley blow up in your face!

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hi PixieDot. I must agree with FRAWIN and rhodes68. It does sound as though it is a residual haunting, and like Zena1129 had said, if it is residual, I don't think you are going to be able to communicate with Mr. And Mrs. Baxter. Like FRAWIN said, if you try calling on the dead you don't know who might answer. I don't know if you really want to take that risk. Thanks for sharing your story.

Shelby ❤ 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hi PixieDot. Since they don't seem to bother you or wish you any harm let them be. I agree with Frawin;it's too risky to attempt any contact by yourselves but then again, I realise it's not an easy thing having the dead running around your house. Maybe you should ask the help of a professional if you must contact them.

I kind of felt sorry for them though 😢
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hi PixieDot. I would have to agree with Zena, it sounds like a residual haunting to me too. I would be very, very careful if I tried calling up the dead. You may call for James and Myra but it's untelling who might answer. 😨

FRAWIN 😊
zena1129 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
This sounds like a residual haunting. Not sure if you will be able to communicate or not.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: