You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Elderly Lady on my Road

Real Ghost Stories

Elderly Lady on my Road

 

I am a first nation that lives on a reservation and there is a house on my road that used to belong to an elderly lady before I was born. I always bike that way to school because it is the fastest way and never felt danger from this lady. I asked my dad who this house belonged to. He told me her name which I cannot remember. He said she told everyone that she does not want anyone living in there or anyone tearing it down. So everyone just left it there.

It is pretty beat up by now and really creepy looking. Sometimes as I bike there the door that fell out of place I can see a shadowy figure on a rocking chair. Usually I would rub my eyes and she would be gone along with the chair. Sometimes I can see someone looking out the window. I know for a fact no one would live there. I would also see a car coming in my direction while I am biking but its to late to pull on the brakes. Although I will come out fine and the car would be gone. I have no idea if the car has anything to do with the lady but it still scares me.

Lately the car hasn't really shown to scare the living daylights out of me and the lady and her rocking chair shows up once in a while. Sometime I would like to investigate during the night time but that will have to wait because my bedtime is 10:30 or 11:00.

Other hauntings by Cody13Smith

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cody13Smith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tace (37 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-09-28)
cody, did you ever investigate this place? I just read your story and was interested in what you might have found out.
scarynightsoverload (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
Oh HoLY SHiT my mind is being scattered I can't believe that ghosts aretrue oh my OH WELL BeHAVE ๐Ÿ˜ 
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
Cody,

As I was reading the other comments I was struck by what White Buffalo wrote: "It is truly astounding that there on ancestral land, others have not come forward to investigate and release her into the Land of Many Summers..."

If indeed this is not a residual haunting, is there someone within the tribal council or a spiritual leader that could help the lady move on? I would think you could get help both with her circumstance and your investigation. That might not be as fun as a midnight excursion, but it would be the right thing to do, and would keep you safe from the myriad things that might befall you if you go crawling around there at night. Be safe! Just my 2ยข.

Radish
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Oh yeah what I meant by 'Trouble' was the car because I would be walking home and sometimes I would feel a bump and see the car and I am afraid it would hit me harder so I don't want to go in the day
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Oh I will not be going alone and I will bring more then just a camera and a flashlight I go prepared don't mistake me I just didn't word things correctly I will be prepared don't you worry I will be fine I know that for a fact cause if something does happen I can think I would not just freeze up I will do it by the book. Altho I will bring more then just me so don't worry about me.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
PLEASE do not do any investigation without specific permission and have the knowledge known by others where you will be. The building sounds as if it is in ruins, yiu could be hurt or worse and no one would be aware of how to find you!

I know that sometimes these kind of temptaitons feel to strong to resist, but PLEASE get permission! You want to be around for many future investigations, and you want the people around you to trust in you and your word.

Enough of my lecturing!

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Oh, Cody, you should ALWAYS ask permission before doing any type of investigation. I would think this would be imperative as this home of hers has stood vacant (or so it would appear) for a period of time.
The best and quickest way to get backup in your investigation is to do things "by the book". For one, if you should get "grounded"... There goes the investigation and you would have to impatiently sit and wait it all out. And it simply would not do to get locked up while trying to free someone else.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Oh yeah! For those of you who say I should do the investigation in the daytime I would get in trouble it is a bigger chance of me getting caught. It seems bad but I want to figure if it was my mind getting the best of me or an actual paranormal experience. I say it's the second one because usually I don't even use my mind ๐Ÿ˜œ.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
White Buffalo usually she is on but sometimes I see her through a broken window in the morning when I bike to school it gets kind of creepy though
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
You know, Cody, I think that you may have witnessed a residual haunting. Is the shadowy woman always sitting and relaxing in the rocking chair? It is truly astounding that there on ancestral land, others have not come forward to investigate and release her into the Land of Many Summers. That is why I would like to venture the guess that the car, as well as the Grandmother, are a residual haunting, and not intelligent.
Thank you.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
yeah stupid bedtime but I have did research on it and I will still do it at night just because it is more creepy and I will get pictures and I will also bring a video camera and post it on my youtube account BailProof or cody13smith or both :)
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hi Cody. Since you mention that your investigation will have to wait for a while due to your bedtime, that will give you plenty of chances to study how to go about your investigation! You can find a lot of different experiments and tools to use while hunting, lots of good info out there. FRAWIN has really good advice for you about keeping yourself safe. A ghost can't help you if you fall through the floor! Good luck hunting - let us know what you find!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hey Cody, Thanks for sharing your story with us. As far as you investigating, do so with caution and never alone. Old houses are dangerous, especilly at night. Take it fom an "old codger"(I'm 54), it don't have to be at night to get results. Some of my biggest episodes happened in broad daylight, Take care little buddy and good luck.

FRAWIN ๐Ÿ˜Š
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Dear Cody,
I like your story, good luck on your investigation! ๐Ÿ˜Š Take some pictures if possible.

Take care,
Shenny.
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Cody, I like your story, good luck with the investigation! Take some pix if you get the chance.

Take care,
Shenny.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: