You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Trailer and the Baby Cradle

Real Ghost Stories

Trailer and the Baby Cradle

 

This was told to me by my nephew Jeff about his daughter in her cradle. It happen in 1988. Jeff told me this story of his daughter Leeann. He and his wife and the baby new born lived in a house trailer. The babies bedroom was at one end of the trailer and his and his wives bedroom was at the other end. In the middle of the trailer was the kitchen. With the living room and bathroom off that room.

Jeff said he woke up in the middle of the night, and needed a drink of water. He went to the sink and ran the water had a drink. After he turned off the water and drank the water, he could hear some noise coming from his daughter's bedroom. Knowing there should not be anyone in there he went in to check on his infant daughter. He looked at the cradle she was in and it was rocking, as if a hand was rocking it and his baby was asleep.

He checked the closet nothing there. He checked the window in the room it was still sealed and locked. He looked around the room and still nothing and yet that cradle was still rocking. He stated when he turn the light on the hair on the back of his neck and arms was up and it felt cold in the room. Yet it was not winter time yet, the end of the summer and still warm nights they had.

Several nights went by and he kept a watch on the babies room and nothing was happening. He settled in not thinking anymore about it. One night he woke up and felt he needed to check on his daughter so went to the room, flipped on the light the hair went up on his neck and arms and the cradle was rocking again. His daughter as usual was sound to sleep and nothing appeared to be wrong with her. He again looked in the closet and at the window nothing. He looked through out the house, still nothing he could find that was wrong.

On another night he woke up to go to the bathroom. While up he thought he check on his daughter not only did he see the cradle rocking but now, he was frightened. Learning over his daughter was a man in what appeared to be bib overalls as if he were to take the baby out of the cradle. He went to go after the man to leave his baby alone and when he got almost to the man, the man just vanished into thin air. He said he picked up his daughter and took her into the bedroom with him and his wife. He told her what had been happening and what he saw this night.

After awhile he said he put her back in her own room, in her cradle and kept a close eye on her from the living room. He got up, went into the babies room and there was that guy again. Jeff said he was frighten once again but knew what he was seeing was a ghost but didn't know why. As he went to go pick up his daughter something smell odd in the room. He picked her up and took her out of the room to be with him.

The next day when he went to the kitchen area he thought the pilot light had gone out as he smelled gas. He called the gas man and come to find out was this. Where his daughter was sleeping there was a gas leak under the room she slept in. They had it repaired. Jeff said he wanted to know about the land or the trailer that he lived in who the man was.

He found out. A couple lived long ago where this trailer park was sitting now. It was a farm house and cows. One night the house caught on fire and the father died in the fire trying to save his baby daughter. Jeff then knew that, that man was there trying to get Jeff's attention to the matter of the gas line leaking so he could save his own daughter. Something the other man could not do he perished in the fire with his daughter. Jeff went into the room thanked the man for helping him save his daughter.

Jeff said not all ghost are harmful many are there to help you. If you only pay attention to what they are trying to show you.

Other hauntings by Flutterofwings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flutterofwings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
[at] sylviessweeties, thanks for your comment to my story, I do appriacte all the comments that I get when I write stories. This is one of my stories I wrote I like as my favorites.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Awwwww such a sweet man he was looking out for another families little girl after he has suffered the loss of his own daughter and his own life.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
[at] silverwolf77 thanks for your comments to my story. Yes indeed this baby did have a fathery ghost to protect her. When I see her again I am going to see if she has picked up any kind of paranormal from this incident. Will update on it when it happens.
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
What an awesome story. That baby definitely had a guardian angel in this fatherly ghost.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Thank you ChrisB for your comments. And also for liking the stories you have read that I have written so far. Once again thanks.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi Flutter. I just read this one and I was amazed. I am going to read all of your stories because they sound so interesting. I just Love the. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Thanks Bellissima and Whitebuffalo. Yes some ghost don't make your hand stand on it and feel frighten. I have not spoken to her yet but hopefull I will soon. To have a talk with her, and see what I come up with and will post it on here at a later time. Once again thanks.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Flutterofwings, that was a lovely story, thanks so much for sharing it. I also would love to hear what the young lady has to say on the subject. I always like to read stories like this because I also think there are many, many helpful and benign spirits. I have many experiences with gentle and playful ghosts. Mine make for pretty boring stories though, nothing as sweet and meaningful as this
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Thank you, Flutter, for showing us another story that did not have the hair standing up at the back of my neck, nor did it have me whipping around in this chair to see what the heck that noise was.
Not all ghosties are evil, negative or on the wrong side of the law of the universe. Thank you for pointing that out with this story.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Thanks deathcipris and Kimsouth0. Once I see this young lady I will post on here and let you know what she says. Yes Kim it is nice to know that not all ghost are harmful or cause problemes that some are just trying to help. But I think we are so frighten when we do see a ghost we assume they are evil when, maybe there just trying to tell us something and keep us from harms way. Once again thank you for both your comments.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
I agree! Not everything out there is evil or harmful!

What a wonderful story!
Thanks for sharing.

God Bless!
deathcipris (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Wonderful story! I agree with you about the grown woman, it would be very interesting to see if she is more in tune with paranormal events or feelings having been introduced to it at such an early age.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Thanks for your comment Frawin. That young lady that was a baby years ago when this happens lives down the road from me. I think when I see her again, see if she has any kind of paranormal feelings. It be interesting to know I think. Once again thanks.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Well Flutter, this was another great story and it's going into my list of favorites. Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

FRAWIN ❤ 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Thanks for your comment Martin. It is always refreshing to me when phenomena is helpful. Just kind of makes me feel that even when people die, they still want to help.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Thanks for the story Flutterofwings, I'm always happy to read about helpful ghosts, it brings a deeper dimension to this phenomena rather than labeling all supernatural activities as "evil" or "scary". Well, even when they're helpful they can be scary though... 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: