You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Long, Paranormal Day

Real Ghost Stories

A Long, Paranormal Day

 

The storm roared outside. Branches and leaves were scattered all over my backyard. The house was cold and lonely, since my kids were at school and my husband was off at work. I sat at my kitchen table enjoying warm toast and coffee with my dog observing my toast carefully.

I was busy reading the newspaper when all of a sudden I hear heavy breathing on my left ear and feel cold breath on my shoulder. At that moment, my dog ran outside in the rain and started howling. Petrified, I froze. It lasted about 2 seconds and just stopped. My dog came scampering back in wet and cold so I went to go dry him off. I couldn't find an explanation for what had just happened. I shook it off and prepared for an important job interview that would be taking place later that day.

Afterwards, I was on my couch working on my laptop with my kitty asleep next to me. In the hallway, which connects to the living room, I heard loud, distinct footsteps walking towards the living room. I bravely peeked into the hallway to find nothing there. Shocked, I went back to my couch to find my cat hidden inside the fireplace with wide eyes staring into nowhere. Once again, I couldn't find an explanation for what had happened.

Finally, it was time to head to the city for my interview. I attempted to open the door to leave but it wouldn't budge. The doorknob just wouldn't let me turn it. Getting really angry, with all my might I forced the doorknob to turn. It wouldn't even move. I went to go get a hammer and basically attacked the doorknob. It didn't move whatsoever. Only a few dents but that's it. I screamed at whoever was doing this to stop right away and open the door immediately. I tried the door one more time and it opened easily. I was twenty minutes late for my interview.

I got back home around 5. My kids were home playing with our babysitter. I was exhausted. I collapsed onto my couch and had a really weird dream. I dreamt that I was swimming in a fountain with my friend. Millions of black koi fish were swirling at the edge of the fountain going in a circle. They were sucking me in and my friend was staring at me saying "Don't let the Darkness take you! Fight back! The Darkness is trying to take you!".

I woke up sweaty and shivering. It was exactly 6:13 pm. My cell phone was beeping. I checked it and it said: "6 New Voicemail". I checked the first one. The best way to describe the sound was as a static voice speaking in gibberish.

If anyone can give me explanations on anything that happened that day that would be great. Thanks for reading

Blessed be!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anna12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Hi Anna.

Sounds like the same thing that happens to me. Usually when animals react to "nothing" it might be something the human eye can't pick up without special devices. As for the messages, someone messed with your phone that left the messages. The best thing to do is get a recorder for evp's, and a digital camera to take pictures. When it starts happening turn on the recorder on and take pictures of the room. Then go over them and something might be seen or heard that you didn't know of.
mjgabriel (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-27)
Hi Anna,

Sometimes cats and dogs can help detect unnatural entity, like in your experience, your dog just run outside and starts howling (in my country, when our dog starts to howl in the night, they have seen things that we cannot see). Animals like your pets have high perception than us. And most of all, don't forget to ask for Help to God, he will not turn his back on you.

Soon I will post my own story here... ^_^. God Bless.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hi Anna. You mention other experiences you've had and you don't mention anything dramatically terrifying so I don't think you should be worrying too much about the '6' calls. I don't believe in that one, myself, but it does sound pretty creepy. Also things seemed to work out pretty nicely for you that day and your spirit sounds pretty reasonable. After fooling around with you for a bit, and possibly for a good reason, when you asked it to stop, it did. Your 'friend' doesn't sound like a bad guy at all. But, to the phone calls... Maybe he was trying some way to reach out to you. Whether due to the days' events or just reaching out to you. You should try EVP's, if you haven't already. That could prove to be very interesting, especially if he really needs to be in touch with you. If you do decide to give it a try, I'd love to hear what kind of results you ended up with.
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Thank you, Bellissima.
Yes, the phone message was a real event. It turns out, the other messages were all similar to the first one. 6 of them total... The number of the Devil. I just realized that!

As for the job, it didn't seem right for me. I turned the offer down. Thank you for asking ;)
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Hi Anna12. Did you get the job, if so how's it going? I wondered if maybe the job wasn't a good one for you and so you were prevented from leaving on time as a way to say you shouldn't take the job. Just a thought, the protecting you from being involved in an accident is definitely more obvious. Animals and kids are a lot more susceptible to spiritual activity because they haven't had opinions imposed on them, they're still innocent. Was the message on your cell phone part of your dream, or was it a real event? If it was a real event then that's kind of spooky. It was probably your ghost/guardian checking up on you! Your experiences seem fairly benign, except maybe an annoyance or two. Are the events that have happened and are still happening all of the same nature? I'd really like to hear more of your experiences. Thanks for sharing your story, I really enjoyed reading it.
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Yes, well I am blessed to know that God and Goddess protected me that day.
Thank you
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Oh, yeah, Anna. You pegged it there yourself in the comment section. You were momentarily delayed so that these event could play out without you in attendance, therefore the interview would be in the bag.
You had a couple of things pop up to prevent you from being where you wanted to be as opposed to where you should have been. The Goddess is good, is She not?
Thank you.
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Oh, I've had SO many experiences in my house (too many to count). This was just one day in particular that many things happened. I've had these experiences as a kid too. My kids sense it too, one is small and the other is a teen.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Although it may have been stress, it may also have been a warning, especially given the car accident and the dream.

Has anything like this ever happened in your home? Has anything like this ever hapoened to you? Has anything occured since this incident?

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Oh something important I forgot to mention.
That day, there was a HUGE car accident (making me a little more late) because of the storm roaring outside. Maybe the door incident stopped me from getting hurt.
Thanks again.
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Thanks for posting.
Well I meditated a lot in the morning before breakfast just to avoid stress. But I'm open to different ideas, maybe I was just stressed :) Thanks again.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Skeptics would say you were stressed with the upcoming interview and your imagination went wild. Which is fine but the dog wasn't stressed and he acted all weird. Then there is the door incident. I would have tried another exit door thinking something was wrong with the lock or door knob rather than be late for an appointment but maybe there was a good reason for you to be late. Maybe you missed a bad event because you were delayed. Lots of maybe's but it's hard to explain these events when they happen.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: