You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Through the Eyes of a Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Through the Eyes of a Little Girl

 

This is not a story of ghosts. It is one that led me to believe in a world beyond the one we see. I don't know if I have any special powers - maybe we all do, provided that something triggers them, or maybe, it was the helping hand of another that "touched" me in the hour of need, and if that's the case,then, I'm forever grateful!

My memory begins the day I was accompanying mum to the doctors to take the results of her routine check-up. I was 7 years old and anxious to visit my dad at his work-place afterwards. Since he was the manager of one of the biggest hotels in the city of Rhodes I would rarely lay eyes on him during summer (not that I saw much of him in winter, either, but things weren't so bad then).

We reached the doctor's office and the moment his secretary saw us, she hurried to inform him. Upon entering his office, I felt, despite my young age, a bit uneasy and even more so, when the doctor spoke to my mum in a low voice, constantly looking at me. I do still recall him saying something about a "shadow" and then, in a very solemn tone, "I will be sending your tests and these (the x-rays) to Athens (the capital of Greece) right away..." He, then, proceeded to tell my mum that she would have to get on the first plane there.

I looked up to see her face. I might have been too young to understand exactly what was going on at that time but not stupid to sense something was terribly wrong! Besides, the look on my mum's face confirmed my fears.

She had always been my loving mother, the one that made everything bad go away - the one who loved me no matter what and, don't ask me why or how, I felt someone was going to take her away from me.

We were out on the street again heading for dad. This was a silent and heavy walk as mum held my hand tightly. She avoided eye contact with me but I constantly searched for her eyes only to see the tears rolling down her face.

"Mum?"

"..."

"Mum, are you O.K?"

"Of course. What more can I ask from life when your hand is in mine?"

"Mum, are you going away?"

"I'm going to go for a few days, me and daddy but we'll be back..."

"When?"

"Soon, I promise..." A brief pause then follows before she speaks again.

"Have I ever told you about a mother's love? It's the greatest, strongest and most everlasting love of all others! In fact, it's so strong that nothing can ever take it away. And even if, for some reason, a mother has to go away to another place where she cannot take her child with her, her love is still so strong that, even if she's up there with the stars, she can still see her child and protect it and speak to it and help it through difficult times..."

I couldn't understand why it might be my mother that has to go, leaving me alone. I was told that God, my God, was a kind and caring one who protected all of his creation. I knew he protected my mum when she was pregnant with me, when all others doubted she will come out of it alive. My God was the same God who saved both of us during labour and that was because my mum hadn't stopped praying to him. I was not meant to be born the doctors said but He let mum have me because she asked him.

I held her hand tighter now and tried to remain calm not wanting to make it harder on her. Yes, I was young but I could understand more than she thought and ever more than I was willing to reveal.

I remember mum into dad's office talking, guests coming and going, the soft music at the lobby, dad bending over the office desk and my mum taking his hand in hers. The world just kept going but for me that was the end of innocence and naivety.

Night came only to take my mum and dad to a place I couldn't be. I was left with grandma and grandpa. When everyone was asleep I ran to my parents' bedroom and reached out for an icon that hang over the head of their bed. Quietly, I ran back to bed and slipped under the cover, holding Madonna and her Infant close to my chest.

It was morning again and, despite grandma's persistence to get me out of bed, I remained there refusing to eat or speak. She finally gave up every effort and returned to her morning routine.

I distinctly remember myself being awake when, all of a sudden, the early morning sounds from the street blended with those of another louder one, and flashes of images of an unknown world let me into another reality-not my own.

I was walking between my parents but they were not holding my hands as always. I was literally running to keep up with them as we entered a big cold building with a tall ceiling and narrow corridors. We turn left and come to a stop outside the middle one of three doors in a row. Mum hesitates and then, refuses to enter. Instead, she sits on one of the chairs outside that door.

"You go in. He has already seen my tests by now. I can't do this" I hear my mother saying and dad responding, "Ok, I will go in first..."

I then lose sight of my mum as I follow my father into the office. An elderly man stands up to shake my dad's hand and before my dad says anything more than "We have come from Rhodes..." the man tells my father that he needs to say no more.

"My colleagues and I have reviewed your wife's test results and her x-rays and I'm here to say that there's absolutely nothing wrong with your wife. She's absolutely healthy so what you need to do is take her back to Rhodes and have a happy life..."

That is when every sound came to a halt and I found myself back in bed and to my Rhodian reality.

Grandma was once again over my bed looking rather worried now..." Is everything alright? Let me check your temperature" and at this, an overflow of words escaped from my mouth telling her the story.

She heard, silent and silent she remained as she caressed my head.

Later that day we heard the key turning on our front door and my parents happily entering the house. I jumped up from bed and ran to greet them followed by my grandparents.

"What are you doing back so soon? We thought you'd still be in Athens" grandma said to hear that they had no further reason to stay away.

"... And as we entered this huge building, we turned to a corridor on the right where we came outside these doors. I told Michael I didn't want to go in..."

Years later and as soon as the ultra-sound was used by doctors we discovered that my mum's womb had a small lump on one side which was purely genetic. Probably that was what alarmed the first doctor who sent her off to Athens urgently.

Tammy.

Other hauntings by rhodes68

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rhodes68, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Thank you Winkycat for your comment on my story!

It was indeed an experience to remember for the rest of my life as I'm sure it was for you too!
WinkycatOfGhosts (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
Interesting. That happened to me too! Although I saw through my Brother's eyes and let's just say I freaked out but was interested.

Sincerely,Winky ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Ah, so I have been a mystery up until this point in time, I see. 😉 I am glad to offer you the second chapter, then, my friend. I wonder what the third chapter will hold? Guess only the Great Spirit truly knows!
Peace, Love, and Apple Pie.
Autumn
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Got it! My lips are sealed! And yet, if I may be allowed to say this much... That explains a lot of things now.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Say, I just thought I would pop in and let you know that I sent you an e-mail that Just may make your day.
SSSHHHHH! It is a secret. 😊
Peace and safety,
Autumn
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Thank you Wickeddaisy, you moved me to tears with your comment!

Thank you for reading!
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
I love this story! Being a mother of a little girl makes it so much more touching. With even just the knowledge of hardship and sensitivity of life it can make the person wise. Perhaps even more tuned in to all what life (and the after) brings.
You mamma was right, a mother's love can surpass and overcome anything. It wasn't until I became a mother that I had the true understanding of God's love. Pure and unrelenting - he gave us life to experience this planet and most of all, love. So selfless, as a mother's love.
Even though this isn't a ghost story, I'm putting it on my favorites. 😁
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
YOUR comment has brought tears to MY eyes mesa-thank you for what you just said. I will never forget these words!

My mom didn't hesitate to give her life for me when during my birth, we were both dying. Doctors told her it'll have to be either her or me. She responded, "save my little baby". Thankfully we both survived to get to know eachother and give a special meaning to eachother's lives. It would have been a cruel intervention to be deprived of that mother and that woman later on and someone up there spared us the pain!

Thank you for your comment!
mesa25 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
That was a truely wonderful story that brought tears to my eyes. Every Mother in the world should read this story, every girl in the world should be blessed with a Mother so blessed with words like those your Mother said to you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Thank you Vicki for your kind words and for going through my experiences. It means a lot to me!

My mother has been the world to me-both my parents actually; I'm very close to my dad too! I cannot imagine what it could have done to me to be deprived of them at such a young age not that I could have handled it now. They are the power that defines and guides me in life.

Thanks again ❤
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi Rhodes I really liked this story, I am so glad that your mom got to come home, I have to say I am close to my mom, she has been there for me through everything. I also have to agree with Frawin too, and thank you for sharing another wonderful story. 😊 ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi Joanne, thank you very much for your supporting comment!

Your grandmother's story made me shiver! Has your mother ever recognized the voice she heard that day?

I don't really know if there's a guardian angel watching out of everyone of us or if something very different happened that day but up until today my life has never been the same! That experience had such a profound effect on me!

I suppose, knowing there's a 'helping hand' out there reaching out for us makes this tough and incomprehensible world a little more tolerable sometimes!

Thank you for reading my stories-I really appreciate your interest!

I'll be looking forward to reading more of your experiences.

Tammy ❤
Joanne (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Hi Tammy, What an amazing experience. I've nearly read all of your stories and find them very intriguing.
A similar thing happened to my mother. Her mother had severe abdominal pain and after x-rays it was discovered that she had a growth in the uterus that had adhered to the bowel. According to the doctors the prognoses was not good and at age 88 said she had to have a hysterectomy.
My mother was worried sick thinking it was malignant cancer that would end up taking her life quickly.
Before her mother had had the operation she was in her laundry filling up the basket with clothes not thinking of anything in particular when she heard a voice say "It's Benign".
My mother said it was a male voice and very clear and she was instantly put at ease.
When my grandmother had her operation they discovered that the growth was indeed benign and she lived for another 10 years at the ripe old age of 98.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Thanks again patti! I think that experience has helped me not to take things or people for granted in my life. Actually I take nothing for granted and try to cherish every moment that life is kind to me.

Tammy ❤
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
At least there was a happy ending to this story here... I was definitely on the edge reading this one and it scared me to think of someone losing their mother... I know how hard it would be to lose my mother and I know that me and her arent near as clothes as you and your mother had to be so pray to god that things were ok... I love your stories and this one was another great one... You are definitely gifted and very lucky.

God Bless,
BigPatti 😉
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Thank you Surya for what you said-it means the world to me!

Let's hope that our experiences whether good or bad will only make us stronger and wiser. Being deprived of your mother before you're old enough to appreciate the significance of God's gift, is far too cruel for any person.

I'm happy she's still with me. She's been the "Light" and Love that guides my every step even today...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Reading about your experience really touched my heart, To be so young and to go through an experiance like that, I will agree with Flutterofwings, has made you a stronger person but also given you a better understanding of these gifts we possess. Although we are still learning. I am so happy your mum is ok. Your story made me stop and think about my experiences and my life, which is something I have not done in a while. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
LAGurl (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Hi Rhodes68

Well I was fasinated by your story the reson being I'm a strong believer and Cristian.
And I have done many studies useing the Bible and peoples testemonies.
Here is what I believe you experinced:
I believe you being a child and all had your heart pure. All you wanted was to make sure your mom was ok.
It is said that God will grant the gift of letting your spirit unattach itself from the body. To let see you see or hear sumthing that can be life changing or just plain and simply open your eyes.
In my point of view since you relied on your
faith. GOD wanted you to see that no matter what you go through God has a special love for you and you mom.
Since you yourself were a miracle.

Well God Bless

P.S If you have any questions regaurding my comment feel free to contact me ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Hi NightMaiden and thanks for your comment. I suppose we all start off with " no such things as ghosts" or ideas such as "these are products in the minds of the less privileged" only to end up understanding that it takes no less than a privileged mind to perceive them. Ironic,huh.
Take care 😊
NightMaiden (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
That story absolutely touched me. It brought a tear to my eye. I am very happy your mother was alright. I live in Greece, too 😁 Yes, I often have some sort of premonition in my dreams too. I don't remember most of them, but then I see the event happening before my eyes and SNAP! 😨 I remember.

Again, I'm glad that your mother was OK.

God Bless! 😆
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Thank you for your kind words ChrisB. I read your profile and I agree that it's important to feel a sense of connection with a group of people that have seen, heard and experienced things beyond the surface of what others call reality. It's quite strange though to be able to slowly open your heart to those you may never meet in person knowing that they're the only ones who not only wouldn't laugh at you but would actually take the time to help you...
😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
You are welcome, Tammy.
I agree, if it was a premonition, you would have just KNOWN the outcome.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Great story Rhodes. It was lovely. Moms have the biggest love. I am so happy for you that you can spend time with your mom. Spend it wisely and never take anything for granted. This expierience was mazbe a test from God. This showed you how much your mother loves you. She always will. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Thank you very much Autumn. I had never before heard of astral projection but what you have just said may provide the only explanation. Had it been a premonition, I would have just known that everything would be ok. That was "being there" to see it happen.
Thank you all for your help!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
This may not be a ghost story, Tammy, but it is a spiritual story.
What I believe happened was that while you slept you astrally projected yourself to your parents side. This is a form of travel which takes place either while you sleep, or it can actually happen while you are awake.
As your parents did not appear to see your form, there in Athens, I would have to say this was not bi location. For that to have happened, I believe your "twin" would have been there with them in physical form. Not in the spiritual form.
When you were sleeping, I believe, your "non physical" body traveled to the "non physical" plane that overlapped the plane that your parents were on. That is why they were unable to see, touch, talk or feel you. Some people have been known to FEEL the presence of someone who is in the middle of an Out of Body Experience, (i.e. Astral Projection) but that seems to be a bit rare.
How wonderful you got to see all of this first hand, and that you were allowed to retain this memory after thirty-two years!
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Thanks for reading Flutter and for your comment. I suppose the fear of losing a parent teaches you not to take things or people for granted but,instead, to cherish every single moment you share with them as if it were the last. ❤
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Nice and well written story. Not sure what happen with you when you were young. But it seems to have made you a stronger person, from this incident. Sometimes that's what it does. Glad all was well with your parents and especially with your mum. Great story.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Good morning Frawin. I was told that in the case of bilocation, a person is seen in two different places at the same time but in my case I was not seen by any of my parents. Remote viewing sounds more possible although I have to admit that I 'm not familiar with the "astral projection".Now, I asked my mother last night if she sensed anything at all concerning me that day. She replied in the negative but she reminded me of something that may, and then again may not, be relevant. Just so you understand, when I was baptised, I was given the name of the Madonna who is believed to be the protector of the island and who is thought to help women during pregnancy(this is a long story that needs to be told another time).So,during christening, one end of a ribbon is tied around the infant's waist while the other end is tied around the icon. This way, the holy mother becomes the child's Godmother. Now my mum carries this ribbon wherever she goes as she believes it protects her. She claims that she had the ribbon with her during the trip to Athens and had spent the whole time praying.I'm not making assumptions, I'm just telling you what she says.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Thanks for your lovely comment bogienova. My mother has always been a role model in my life but, most importantly, the woman who has been there for me in good times and hard times and if it hadn't been for her and my father I wouldn't be the person I am today. I owe them the world. ❤
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Wow, you almost had me crying. I'm glad that your mother came home to you.
bogienova

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: