You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Seeing What No One Else Admitted to Seeing

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing What No One Else Admitted to Seeing

 

While growing up we moved around a lot, mostly in New Jersey. During that time many things happened in my life that no one else in my family admitted to seeing or hearing. Like at night while in bed, I would wake up and notice that the curtains from the window were moving back toward the window. They had been off their rod again so to speak, but they always took the rod with them on their walks. As I watched they would move back and forth toward me and toward the window. It scared the crap out of me. In the same house I would hear the liquor bottles on the cabinet downstairs clink together when no one else heard them. They clinked all the time.

Later, we moved to Delaware - Harrington. In a house there, the game was on from day one. My sister and I saw the house for the first time when we unloaded boxes from the truck. Then our family left her and I there to unpack while they got another load. As soon as I walked into the house a voice not of this earth called my sister. She has an unusual name so it scared me that he knew it. She never heard it but I did. Once while sick with a migraine a wispy boy stood at the end of my bed as if checking on me. I was not afraid of him. Just startled by his appearance. These are just a few of my experiences. Maybe some day I will tell you about the porcelain clown doll that bites.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caufeecake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
I don't exactly remember the first site I saw this with. I've seen it on other sites, not just Wikipedia. It's supposedly the best artist rendering of it... Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil
(I use other sources than Wikipedia!)
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
I heard about the Jeresy Devil, but never seen any pics of it or any artist sketches on how it looks. So [at] Schizo where did you see this at?
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Some cryptids seem supernatural. Another theory about the Jersey Devil, is that a woman had intercourse with a demon (or Satan himself in some cases...) the beast is hideous I've seen an artist' rendering but I also thought it looked funny. Someday I would like to go looking for cryptids and ghosts too. I doubt that will happen though... It seems whenever something supernatural happens it's always at the wrong time... 😢
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
SchizoSephy,
Cryptids are real. There have been sightings all over the world. The trouble is DOCUMENTATION, as most of the visual proof is just that, visual. There are not too many photographs or other types of concrete proof.
It is unknown, however as to whether most in the list of cryptids have become extinct. But then again, we have a missing link walking about our mountainous states too.
Some of them fall under the category of Folklore, Legends, Subspecies of some other creature, or just hypothetical. I believe it all has to do with what YOU BELIEVE in.

Kind of a lot like ghosts...
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Nice story I think people around you are nt that sensitive to paranormal beings so you probably are the only one experiencing it in your family.

As for clowns I hate em but I love porcelain dolls.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Thank you, Tonith. This will help me on my "studies..." When I get older I would like to see if these things, often known as cryptids are real.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hello Lisa, and welcome.
I do not want to sound as if I am trying to discount anything that I have read in your story, I am wondering, though, have you had migraines long?
When I am in the throws of a migraine, my hearing, vision and physical movement is severely impaired. I see things, uh, not so much a hallucination as a watery, hazy, misty type of shape that takes on many different sizes, shapes and forms. I, personally, can not BELIEVE anything that I sense while in the midst of a migraine.

As for porcelain dolls and clowns, I have a creepy crawly feeling every time I am in close proximity to one. There is no real reason for this. I just have a personal problem with them. Nothing as drastic as what happened in the Poltergeist movie happened, I hope. 😊 Uh, that was a NERVOUS smile, there.
This was an interesting story, and I hope to see more soon.
Thank you.
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
i have a huge fear of clowns and porcelain dolls ever since I was a kid. My mum and my aunt used to collect them when I was young so I would always walk well away from them when I had to go near them. Won't be reading that story.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Good story this sort of stuff do happen to us who are sensitive.
[at] Frawin I am with you there. When she writes about the biting clown. I won't read it at bed time either. I am in my 50's now and I am terrified of clowns. From an experience I had as a child with one my cousin had.
Nice written story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Hello caufeecake. Thank you for sharing your story, I found it very interesting. I'll be looking forward to your other stories.
I hate dolls and clowns, especially when they are made of porcelain. Now you tell me of a porcelian clown that BITES 😨.I'll have to make sure that I don't read that one at bedtime-imagine a fifty-four year old crying for his mommy 😆.
Take Care.

FRAWIN ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
thank you for sharing your story. I would love to hear addirtional stories and can not wait to read your book.

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
The New Jersey devil is a legend about the area called "The Pines". Also that it scales rooftops and leaves hoof prints in the snow on top of roofs. Don't know how true it all is but the story has been around for a long time based on a deformed child born in the 1800's.Every now and again something strange happens and it's name comes up again. Sightings of it tends to be a harbinger of something bad that is going to occur.
Sounds to me that you are sensitive so you are seeing and hearing things others can't or won't. I also know you can hallucinate from pain and I have had migrains so I know the pain can be intense. Not saying this was the case but just that it happens. My friend lived in a haunted apartment with her family and when the one son was very sick their usual activity heightened. They had 2 spirits living in the place one good, one malevolent. They hired a medium to find this out after clocks kept changing time, jewelry went missing from one place to another and the black form of a man was seen many times in the place. They had cold spots in the dead of summer and the radio would change stations all night long and sometimes all you could get on it was classical music though the radio tower to the most popular station that played rock music was less than 2 miles away. So it comes back to are people haunted or are objects and places haunted?
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
New Jersey... Have you heard of a creature known as the Jersey Devil? I would like to know, because he's known as a cryptid, and I enjoy that stuff.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
caufeecake, I read your profile and saw that you are writing a fiction book about an incubus and are doing research about it. If you haven't seen the movie "The Entity", or read about the case, you should.

http://www.amazon.com/Entity-Barbara-Hershey/dp/B0007WFXLM/deliriumtre0b-20

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: