You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something in my House

Real Ghost Stories

Something in my House

 

I live in Camby, Indiana, in one of the Heartland Crossing additions. I have been made aware just recently of another couple that is experiencing things in their home as well. I would really like to talk with you in detail and compare some things. My story starts from three years ago.

We move into our first home on May 8, 2004. The first night that my husband and I stayed home I experienced something that rocked my spirit, I was in the master bathroom taking a bath and my husband was showering in the other upstairs bathroom. As I was relaxing something felt very weird. When I opened my eyes there was a face in the mirror looking directly at me. I looked then closed my eyes not believing what I saw. I opened my eyes to see the face starring back at me. I sat up in the tub and prayed. I called out to my God for peace in my home. When I opened my eyes the face was gone.

Shortly thereafter my now three year old son started seeing a man named "Mikey". This was about the time that my grandmother moved in with us. He was afraid to go upstairs because "Mikey" would be mean to him. Nothing that I knew of had happened since "Mikey" came into the picture until my husband started talking. My husband told my on 11/22/07 that he has seen a dark figure in the doorway of the master bedroom one night as we were in the bed. He happened to turn over and look at the door and there it was. It had no feet but clearly a form. My husband said that he sat up and wiped his eyes and he said that when he opened his eyes to focus it was gone.

Then a week after he said that one night that I was working late he had dosed off but awakened to someone tapping him. He said he thought it was one of our boys so he just said come on man get in the bed. My husband said that it was about two minutes later when he felt this tapping again. This time he opened his eyes and noticed both of our boys were in the bed with him, so he turned over to see who was tapping him and there was no one there.

On December 28, 2007 my oldest son and myself were in my bed. I was asleep and he was watching NICK@NIGHT when I was awakened by my son screaming at the top of his lungs and trying to get underneath me. This alarmed me and I jumped up screaming what's wrong. He was shaking and crying saying I saw a man. I saw a man. I asked him what he looked like and my son said that he could only see his white hair and that his arms were open wide. (As to welcome a hug or something). I prayed out loud and held my son until he fell asleep.

I told my husband about this and once again he tells me of other things that happened on New Years Eve. Once again my husband and my three year old were in our bed. My husband dosed off and he was awakened by our son tapping him and pointing to the rocking chair in my room near the window. My son said "Daddy who is that man?" my husband says "What Man?" My son says "That man right there, sitting right there..." My husband said "what is that man doing?" My husband said that my son gestured that the man was smiling and shaking is head at him. My husband told me that he told my three year old not to pay attention to him and he will go away. On 1/5/08 around that time my Grandmother had mentioned to my husband that we need to get that evil spirit out of our house. She also said that she doesn't sleep very well.

As for myself I I am very sensitive to my surroundings. I feel things when they come around me and I feel things when they are watching me. I close my bathroom door every night before I go to sleep because I get a vibe that is disturbing when I don't. My bathroom and closet is always cold. I have experienced flashing lights at night that give off a green glow almost. I have heard as well as my husband and older son walking into the attic. At first we thought that the house was just settling and paid it no attention until we started moving our bed around to escape the noise and each time the noise would seem as though it is right above the new area we moved our bed.

Just recently on 1/22/08 I was sleeping on the couch and I had my head covered with the cover when I felt something tap me on the side. Immediately I got up and went to bed with my husband. Later that morning I wasn't quite asleep I was just waking up for work and heard a man's voice say "Taushia" I sat straight up and looked at my husband, he was still asleep as well as everyone else. Funny thing is our oldest (daughter) has never experienced anything or she has not spoken about it yet. I have asked for help with this matter and help is on the way.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sensitive1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ravenwolfe_Teu (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Hi, I was reading your story. We have an investigation coming up in Camby within the next couple weeks. I didn't have time to read your entire story yet but if you'd like to have your home investigated using top of the line equipment please let us know. Sounds very interesting indeed. An investigation is totally free of charge.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
One more thing, could you forward the EVP's on to me? I seem to have not received those. Or you could have them posted to this story, as an "added".
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
A few interesting facts (for me) is that as I was reading through my comments on this story, I implored Luv to help you out, sensitive1. I also find it interesting that I mentioned the shower curtain a day before your e-mail came through to me. And I mentioned the woman (on the seventh) before your posted comment on Luv seeing the woman.
I would say, that would mean either I am crazy by not reading previous comments before posting my own (I DO have a habit of doing that. I do not like to be "tainted" by what others think or feel. But there are times where I use them to sort out what I am feeling, too), or you may need the intervention of the investigative team.
I would like to suggest checking them out, though. Make sure they use proper cleansing techniques on THEMSELVES so that they do not BRING IN any other ghosties. It has been known to happen.
Be careful and have your objective clear. In truth we ALL will be set free. As long as you are HONEST and completely UPFRONT about everything that is happening and occurring in your home, I feel that you will soon have peace within your home. I would also suggest having the investigators check out the wooded area, (South side?!) and look for the tree that has an odd trunk to it(On the edge of the wood, separated from the rest of the trees). I realize the wooded area runs the length of the community, but if you stand near the line and look down it, you will see it "out of place", as it juts out a bit.
I may be totally off on this, and seeing what is not there. These ARE just feelings. But if this were in MY home...
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
NOW I GET THE CONNECTION!
I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why this house is getting placed in various locations, and here lies the answer. I have been in contact with a man who has given permission to use this prayer in your homes (yes, I did say homes). I do not know what either of your affiliations are religiously, so insert whatever name of the Higher Power you choose as necessary. I only asked permission of him out of Respect of his position, but had no doubts that I could pass it on. He is a Holy Man, and I trust him completely.
"In the Name of The Great Spirit,
and by the power of His Blood and His Mercy,
we bind all spirits in the air, and the fire and the water,
in the ground and the underground and the nether world,
and we bind any satanic forces of nature.
We bind all curses, hexes, or spells, or any occult activity previously used.
We bind the interaction and interplay of spirits.
And we claim the protection
of the Great Spirit
over this house and grounds, and over every person here.
We call upon the ancestors of the land
and the company of angels to surround this place,
making it both safe and sacred.
And we call out to you, O Great Spirit.
Come now and fill this place, never to leave!
We pray in the name of the Great Spirit, Amen.
What is important is to use your belief system. If you believe in the blood of Jesus Christ, use His Holiness, and replace the correct names with His.
I know this is probably not the right place to be posting a prayer, but in calling the Spirits of Protection, it is basically a prayer.
I have sent out a slightly different version to you, sensitive1, by e-mail. The rest of the mail should explain why.
I hope this helps. Please keep me posted. I will be looking in at this story as well as my e-mail.
Peace to you, my friends.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi sensitive I hope you don't mind 😁
to whitebuffalo: I am also in the same area as sensitive and I have also had some of the same happenings as you know I don't know if you remember me you had contacted me regarding this as well regarding the woods and the house with the blue shutters but is there anyway that you can give us other things regarding this or can you email me. We need to get more detailed on the woods since we live in an area were there are several woodsy areas.
thanks
sensitive1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hello Whitebuffalo,
I am so happy that you were able to get my email and send me a posting. Now you are not far off. I did infact have an investigation done at my home and they did in fact find many different EVP's. I want you to know that I communicate with "luvparanormal", she and I have become friends. She lives in the heartland crossing community too. Just today she told me about the "lady in white", this is what concerns me because you are mentioning many different things that have happened to both of us. Could this lady be protecting us both? Or could you be getting reading from both myself and luvparanormal, and mixing or experiences together? I'm really concerned because I am becoming very uncomfortable in my home. It would be releaving to know that I do have a protector that is keeping this thing at bay. I am having a full investigation of my home very soon. The Ghost Hunter of Indianapolis are assisting us. Do you think this will ever stop? This morning my husband said that after I left for work he felt something sit at the foot of the bed. My children are seeing things... My Grandmother is very uncomfortable... In certain areas of my home the air is thick...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi Sensitive1,
I come to you timidly this morning, as something odd happened to me last night, and I feel that it is connected with you and this encounter. I am really putting myself "out there" by posting it publicly, but for some reason I have been having problems with my e-mail and can not make a connection with you via that source. I have tried several times.
I had a dream last night that you had a group of people in your home and you were trying to get readings. I am putting myself way out here on the limb, and it may be really close to breaking off, but is it possible that you had investigators in your home recently who took some recordings or even some video in the home and you found something?
If you did, (and I really AM sorry if this is not what happened and my imagination in my dream state is just really crazy), please listen to what the woman says (The one who may be old, but presents herself as being young). If this DID happen to you, you WILL know what I am talking about.
SHE is YOUR protector. SHE is keeping something out of your AREA. I am not clear on whether that is in reference to your home, your yard, or your neighborhood, but she is there TO PROTECT. With that said... I would think that SHE feels there is something there that you need to be protected FROM. That MAY just be in HER REALITY and NOT YOURS.
I do not really feel as if you are in any REAL danger. Yes, I DO feel that something is trying to scare you, but it can not, as SHE IS PRESENT. (For some reason, your shower curtain comes to mind, but I have NO IDEA what that means. Your husband IS involved in that, though.)
Please believe that I am not posting this to scare you. I am just trying to give you some information, as my e-mail is freaking out on me (I can not e-mail several other people also) I can not use that. I hope you will check in on this and let me know if ANY of this is making sense to you or if I am totally off the wall. Some things have been going on for me around HERE that may be effecting all of this, so please just leave it on this page if none of it concerns you.
Thank you, and I am sorry if this is not you who I need to contact.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Wow that's realy creepy, I woulnt want anything tapping me in the middle of the night. I'm in no way sensitive to anything so that wouldn't be a problem. Still creeps me out though.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hey, Hey Hey, did you check the history of the woods?!
There is a Couple that is not mentioned in the story that has a beige house with blueish grey shutters. There is a widows walk around an odd shaped window (possibly a door?) and the banister looks like a cage of sorts. Please, look for the house and in the wood behind it.
She has (or HAD) short, soft curly hair. Maybe light brown, or dirty blond. Beautiful smile. He is a strong man in his society. Maybe not someone that everyone is aware of, but has some pull in his element. He does not seem overly happy.
Luv! Help her out.
Just feelings on this story. Please do not think me crazy.
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hi sensitive1, you're lucky to have luv with you, that's great. Supporting each other is a great tool to use in trying to get rid of this 'thing'. I wanted to know what the situation of the land is. What I mean is could this land have been owned by the same person at some point? I thought this was familiar! I just read luv's 'Bumps in the Day', now I'm getting a better picture! This bum Tutewiler has got to have some involvement here. He didn't live a by a very good credo, sounds very crooked. Something he's done or been involved with has got to be causing big troubles. Luv already has some good tools to work with (we've given her some wonderful advice 😉) There are more people in your neighborhood that are involved, right? Strength in numbers! With all the research you've done I'm confident you'll end up with excellent results. I think you should really focus on that land but give everyone's (who will participate), homes a good cleansing. It sounds like a big job and you'll probably have to go over and over some of the things you do. I'll bet the crooked graveyard has a lot to do with the situation. Imagine those lost and unrecognized souls, how many there could be? Never able to rest because one idiot wanted to save a few bucks instead of doing things properly. The spirits you and luv have are fortunately not vindictive. I'm sure they just want your help. I'll bet you've already tried speaking directly to them and explaining that they can join their loved ones and find peace. I hope the people who are coming to help will bring more strength with them and do some serious cleansing on that land. Speak directly to Tutewiler and tell him he will be forgiven for the things he has done in his life, (I'm sure he has regrets), family and people who cared for him are waiting to help him find peace. Please, please let us know the results. If you would, write it in a story and give us all the details of what happens! Don't stress too much, I'm confident you'll get things straightened out. Good luck. Um... Tell luv that when I re-read her story, the part about putting her dog in a cage, well it's called crate training and it sounds like the meanest thing in the world BUT dogs are den animals so they're not bothered by it at all. We had a cocker spaniel that we absolutely could not house break. The vet said crate train him but we said no way, too cruel. Finally after 2 years we were desperate and gave in to the crate. That dog was a perfectly house broken gentleman in no time at all. After he was trained we left the crate in the kitchen with a comfy blanket tucked in it and never closed the door. That dog tucked himself in there all the time. Whenever you didn't see him around he was sleeping in his 'den' and very happy with it. We had the crate as long as we had the dog! Okay, sorry I just had to add that because it does sound awful! Good luck.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Hi Tausia,
I see you posted your story that is great you will get a lot of help from everyone here they are all awesome 😉. In case anyone asks I am that other couple she is talking about and there is another 2 as well. Lots of activity here where we live. Hopefully by this weekend we can find out what is going on or at least have an idea.
Wish us good luck!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Flutter, by pure water I meant as close to nature as you can get. The natural artisian well water would work wonderfully.

FRAWIN ❤
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
Frawin what is exactly "PURE WATER"? I have a natural artisian well water. As you made a comment in a story I wrote to do this, as you mention in this story. So just wonder what you mean by that.
This story was rather interesting to me as well.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Hello sensitive1. If you feel you have a negative force in your house, you can do what I do(if it falls within your belief system). I take a solution of seasalt and pure water(mix it where the water is real salty) and go from room to room casting it with your fingertips while praying for a house blessing and for protection. Make sure you get all corners, closets and storerooms-leave no hiding places. Mark each door and window.
Take care and God bless.

FRAWIN ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Sounds as if you home is very active.

It makes sense your children may be experincing more 'occurances' or having them more freuquently than others, children are often more susceptible than adults.

Who have you requested help from? When is help coming?

Do you have any idea on the history of your home or the land your home is on?

thanks for sharing! Look forward to hearing a follow up story,

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Great recounting of your incidents, Taushia. Very believable because you just tell each anecdote as facts. Much appreciated. You will get the help you need on this site, as well.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Great story. I would venture to say you have a spirit in the house I just don't think it's an evil one. I think the spirit of a man is in your home (maybe a former owner?) but apparently he means no harm just wants some attention. The help you are talking about I hope comes in the form of someone helping this spirit to cross over.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: