You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board in the Basement

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board in the Basement

 

This took place in the middle part of Michigan. The house was a large house with a Hugh basement. In the basement was three rooms, however one was made into two rooms. There were two windows in this basement none that could be open, just for light to be able to get through... Near the stairway was the room that was divided, half was the laundry room the other half was storage where glass beer bottles and soda bottles sat in cases to be used at a later date. Other things was in that room just storage area.

The room that Jill and I and the other girls went to was in the center of the basement no windows near us, just a big room that was used for exercise equipment. If we walked far enough into the large room we came to a smaller room where there was one window. The other window was in the laundry room.

I was babysitting for this young lady Jill she was around 10, I was nearly 18... Jill told me that her and her friends would go into the basement and play this really neat game with this board that was suppose to spell out the answer to questions. I asked her does it really work? She said if no one cheats it does. I said wow maybe I would like to play it sometime.

So she called up Carol asked her if she could spend the night and her mom could bring her over. Pretty soon here came Carol ready for the night. Now I am watching two girls about the same ages. So the three of us went into the basement with the ouija board. We sat down lit a candle and Jill told me to put my fingers only on the little piece that would spell words. Soon as I did that the candle went out and we could feel wind in there but, where it came from we didn't know.

We had to lite the candle about six times before it stayed lit.(should of known something wrong then but...) So we went and played the game. Well nothing happen but us telling each other we were cheating moving the piece around to spell out the answers. Finally I said you two can play not me and I went up the stairs. Soon they did too.

Several days went by I went back to babysit and we called Carol up and played the ouija board several more times till, we got into the discussion someone was cheating and gave up. The third time we thought it would be nice if Tammy came over, after all she just lost her baby brother from a car accident he was 3. She came over and we thought we ask the ouija board if her baby brother made it to the other side okay.(we should not of done that)

By the time we sat in a circle with the candle lit and Jill asked more friends over, there was about six of us then. The candle we could not keep lit. The wind we could feel in the room but didn't know where it came from. Then while my fingers are on that little piece we asked" Is Tammies brother on the other side now?"

We heard something hitting the wall in the other dark room from us. It did that for several times. We should of been frighten then, but kids will be kids I guess. Tammy asked "can you give me a sign my brother is on the other side?" Again we heard noises from the other dark room and our candle went out making it totally black in the two rooms. I seen lights bouncing off the walls and no matter how much we tried to light the candle we couldn't. Something kept us from doing so.

Jill asked the board "Who or what was making the lights bounce around the room?. Then we heard the glass bottles being slammed against the wall in the spare room behind us. That is when we got frighten. We could not see the stair way in the dark and were scared and more bottles being smashed up against the cement walls. But not in the storage room they are in the room we are in. Tammy said she could hear her brothers voice, I nor anyone else could hear it however.

Then I said "something just flew past my face" kind of felt like a spider web being dropped down on me or a net of some kind. I am fighting to try and get out of it seems to capture me into its grip. We can't see it's so dark. One of the gals screamed they got hit by the bottle, and we could hear it being smashed to the floor. We're all screaming now "stop, stop this". It kept going on, the lights bouncing around, the bottles being broken, sounds coming from the other dark room sounded like moaning to me. The girls are crying and screaming and I am with them there. We had to find the stairway in the dark and yet I didn't want to let the girls be away from me.

So we held hands and I told them DON'T LET GO OF ANYONE TILL WE FIND THE STAIRWAY. We finally found it by touching the walls around us. Odd however as being in the dark, scary basement of the house sometimes the walls felt like on fire other times just plain really cold like a freezer. We made it up the stairs okay and into the other part of the house far from the stairway that went down the stairs. Up stairs all seemed just fine. The lights were on, the music from the radio still on nothing out of place at all.

When we got up the stairs, Tammy had a cut on her arm I guess from flying glass from the bottles being broken. But Carol was the one that I couldn't believe. Her clothes were like shredded, it look like someone took scissors and just cut them up. Yet she said she didn't feel anything on her.

When Jill's mom came home she asked what happen we told her. She didn't believe us and was upset. She told us then we have to go down in the basement to clean the mess up. We told her we would but she was going too. We got down the stairs and there was broken bottles every where and some sticky stuff on the walls. Jill was the only one that nothing happen to, nor did she feel anything touch her. All she seen was the lights bouncing around the room.

I went to Jill's moms house a lot and when she ask me to go in the basement to get something I was scared but did as she asked, I always felt something was down there watching me. Then my friend told me for a long time she has felt that too, and usually don't do her laundry until someone is home and in the basement too. I often would stay the night at this house and I was to afraid to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, always felt that something was there watching me.

My friend moved from that home long ago and I wonder if anyone else who has ever lived there ever experience anything odd about it. But now that the ouija board was taken out and burnt by her mom, maybe what ever came out of it was burnt in hell. Anyone wanting to play with ouija boards all I can say is "danger is just waiting to happen".

Other hauntings by Flutterofwings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flutterofwings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DancingSheDevil (6 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi, I would love to narrate this story on my channel may I have your permission I will add a link in the description crediting yourself as the author:)
blizzard43 (40 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
i agree with bad juujuuthat is how you submit a story:) bye.!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Hi Karen. In the upper right corner of the page is a link to story submissions. Story submissions are temporarily closed though. Check it again in a few days to a week. ❤
karencmaug (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
i see a lot of those boards in movies, tv shows, and even stories... But flutterofwings, did you know that ouiji boards were dangeorous when you first started using it? I mean I'm only 12 and I have gone through some c.r.a.z.y. Things related to the paranormal... I want to write a story and publish it to this website but I don't know how... Can you tell me how? ❤ karen:)
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
I would like to thank you nmg5789 for your comment to my story. I think the ouija boards should be taken off the market for people can buy them, they are dangerous to those who don't know how to protect themselves before opening up the portal.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
i do agree that ouija boards are dangerous. I think that only evil can come from them and believe that no one should mess with those things
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
[at] sweet_girl thanks for making a comment to my story. People that play with these kind of boards most find out they are not toys, some are lucky and nothing happens but to most, things happen that aren't funny in any kind of way. Once a portal is open by them anything can and will come out of them.
sweet_girl (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
This is one of the scariest stories I have ever read. But I loved it. I can't imagine being in such a situation... It scares the life out of me. 😨

Looking forward to another story of yours.❤

****Be Happy! Spread Smiles!****
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Ghostgirl88, The girls Mom and Dad were still alive. However not to long before her baby brother died there uncle Dennis died so could of been something to do with that. Thanks for asking the? And making a comment to my story. Perhaps one of the other girls people died and just came out when we had this ouija board out. I know Carols dad died long ago before this but her Mom was still alive and both of Jill's parents were alive too. But a good thing to ponder on what you said thanks.
ghostgirl88 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
I wonder why asking that made the ghost or polterguist angry do you know if the girls hwos baby brother died mother of father was killed if they were then maybe it was them in denile.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
[at] simywimy, thanks for your comments to my story. It is wise to leave them alone they can cause so much harm to people who aren't protected first in using them. Wise decision to stay away from them.
simywimy (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
I find that really scary. Maybe Tammies brother was not in a happy place, and I don't know, decided to ruin the other gals life. What ever it was, I am never going near a talking board again! 😲
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Thank you WB for commenting to my story. There certainly are many different spirits, entities that one has come upon. Once again thanks.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-02)
Very tactfully stated. I thank you. I posted the comment to both you and the other story teller, but the message got "crossed". I was only trying to out line that there ARE similarities to the types of entities and there DOES seem to be a fine line in what we FEEL and what TYPE they are. The BEGINNING descriptions are the same, and then they "branch out" from there. Thank you again, Flutter.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
JadenDragon, thanks for your reply to my story. These boards are just dangerous to play with and in my opinion is NOT a game at all.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Thank you for your reply JadedDragon. These boards are dangerous for sure. I been reading all the stories on them, on this site and there certainly are some very interesting stuff that happens. When one uses them, without protecting themselves. I didn't know about one protecting themselves when this story happen to me, if I would of known that I probably would not of even played it then.
JadedDragon (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
My dad bought me a ouiji board when I was younger, My mom, sister and I played it. It worked, it was like a puff of air was under the cursor moving it. My mom got freaked out and demanded we stop. So my sister took it home with her on the pretense of destroying it, however, she didn't. She kept it, even had it set up on an alter of sorts. Did I mention she has horrible luck? Wonder if there's a conection... Since then I've refused to mess with that sort of thing. Spirit boards, talking boards, whatever name they want to give them. If people do want to dabble, set up precautions first, protection rituals, mental shielding, whatever your cup of tea, don't ever go in blind! Not everything is good or innocent, decent spirits usually don't need a ouiji board to be spoken with anyways.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
Something that amazes me is that no matter what part of this great world we live in, not only the USA but all the other courntries. That when one plays or thinks they are playing with the Ouija board stuff happens to them too. Once those portals are open no matter where one is, danger is just waiting to happen.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
[at] Vang_er,I have found people who say the Ouija board is all nothing but a bunch of Bull... Until they play around with it and get burnt to and now they don't want to talk about it.
The portals are open and anything and everything comes out of it. I never heard any stories where people have died from using them, but it could be possible. I seen with my own eyes what can happen, with one of the girls in the basement that night and that was all I wanted to see.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
[at] rhodes68, well I can tell you that was not the smartest thing to ask an Ouija board of that girls brother. But we were all young then. And really we played that board before Tammy got into the picture and all was quiet. So once she came into the picture of this playing and asking about her dead brother. That is when things happen. As the young lady I took care of played that game long before I knew she had it and nothing happen...
But Tammy opened the portal to the unknown evil and all hell broke lose so to speak.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
[at] whitebufflo I am learning from you the man that made this Ouija board what he was all about. So I take it he thought of more just using it to speak to the spirits. But like you stated that was way back in the 1800's. But still interesting. As for Mrs Sarah Winchester, I have read a lot of books about her and she truely was a Medium for certain, that has interested me from the first book I read of her, now you got me going about the guy who made the Ouija board. Thanks for your comments and information.
vang_er (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Your story is indeed scary. I didn't believe in how the Ouija Board had any connections to the spirit world at first, like you, but now I do believe it too. My cousins played that Ouija board in a random park located in Milwaukee, WI few years ago. They did not think anything of it. While playing the board, they felt something was around them. It was an Open public park... But no one was there except for my cousins. (about 5 of them). They said the board started spelling things out, but they didn't really pay attention to it.

When they got home, later that night my cousin (age 19) had a dream. In his dream, he dreamt that he was back at the park, and everyone was gone. He then saw a little boy playing on the swings. He went over to the little boy to ask where everyone was and the little boy told him that nobody loved him, that's why everyone ran away and disapeared. There's more to the story/dream but, about a few weeks later, my cousins and them had a picnic at that same park. My cousin left something in his car so he decided to go back and get it. As we started walking back from his car, he heard someone screaming. He looked around but no one was there, then he saw the little boy from his dream playing on the swings. My cousin told the elders what he saw and about his dream as well.

In our Hmong culture, you should never tamper with spirits of the dead. They should be left alone. Hence the board game, a shaman did a spirit calling for my cousin and he said that when they were playing the ouija board, they attracted the spirit of the little boi, who was ran over by a car near the park. The little boy's spirit couldn't rest in peace because the lady that ran him over was found "not guilty". The shaman then went to the park where the guys played the Oujia board and said that the park has a lot of spirits roaming around. If you ask for something unexplainable, you might just find it. Be careful about these board games. Whoever do play it, I feel sorry for you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Loved your story alhtough it scared the life out of me. I don't think I could find the heart to ask any spirit if it had passed onto the other side and from your description of the events that followed, I doubt the spirit answering was the girl's brother.
Looking forward to your next story.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Superstitiously, or religiously, depending on your standpoint, the number seven is SUPPOSED to be the holiest of numbers, as the number six, repeated three times is in association with evil (or the devil, depending on your standpoint).

Yes, Fuld was a Spiritualist. But he actually decided to form the board for "ease" in communicating with spirits. He did communicate with them, and had a feeling that some of them came from a source other than Heaven.
I do not remember fully if he had thoughts of demons, but I could go back and check into that. In fact, I probably will, just because you asked.
Fuld was rather poor growing up, and he and his siblings invented many games that they played within their home. The fact that I find most interesting about all of this is his view of the "game". He never stated that it WAS a game. He stated that it was a "tool" to be used only by those wanting to contact the dead. Of course, it was in the 1880's, and views have changed as to what is dangerous and what is not.

I have a "special interest" in the board, so to speak, and that is how I know of it's originator. I had to study him in some of my research and a year is not enough to learn all there is to know about this man.

I also have a special interest in Mrs. Sarah Winchester as she personified what the flip side of "casual spiritualism..." I believe her to be one of the strongest mediums of her time. But you did not ask me that, did you? 😆
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
[at] whitebufflo, was William Fuld have gifts of his own, where he knew that good and bad spirits could come from the ouijia board? So that he made it for this purpose? How did you find out he was the one that orginally made this horrible so called game?
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Thanks Kimsouth for your comment to this story. I have heard the #7 brought up a lot about the ouijia board I wonder what that number has to do with it.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
What has the Number 7 got to do with tearing it up into 7 pieces? What does the # 7 mean?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
There are many sites on the net dedicated to the appropraitte destruction of a ouijia board. I feel the one that is most effective is the one where the board is torn into a certain number of peices then burried, both of these steps should be included in the instructions.

God Luck,
God Bless!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
[at] AllieRn, I like you to know that the mom I took care of her child knew she played with this, she bought it for her. So your jumping on my case to play it with her? I think your being rude to me. This young lady played it many times before I even knew she had this so called game. She is the one that told me she had it and wanted to play the thing. So I think your out of place trying to blame me, for playing this game?
AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
I can't believe anyone in their right mind would mess with a Quija board let alone involve young children in it! If someone was watching my kids and done this with them I would kick their butt clear between their shoulder blades and they would be walking funny for the rest of their life!

AllieRN

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: