You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Snore

Real Ghost Stories

The Snore

 

This story happened last December 14, 07. Both of my parents were in the province to visit my grandmother who is very ill that time. (She died last Dec. 24). I came home at 7 pm from school. My sister wasn't there yet because she was still in the office, and my brother was with her girlfriend.

I was so tired, hungry, and had a very bad headache. Migraine. Every time I had it, I don't want to hear any noise, or light because it will trigger the pain. I took my dinner and my medicine before I went to sleep. I called my brother on the phone to ask if we can switch room just for the night, because his room is darker than mine. I am afraid of the dark since I was a child, but when I have migraine, dark place is my sanctuary.

That night when I was sleeping, I felt someone lying beside me. I can hear someone snoring behind my ears. I thought it was my brother so I didn't mind it. After a few minutes, I can still hear him snoring. This time it's getting louder and louder. It gets me irritated, so I woke up, turned on my left side, and tap my brother on his shoulder. I said "hey, will you stop snoring, I can't sleep well", he answered me with a "hmmm sound", (like someone who is tired and still sleepy).

After that, I thought he will stop already but still, he kept on snoring. I asked him again to stop snoring (while tapping his shoulder) or better not to sleep beside me and use my room instead because I'm not feeling well. He answered me again with a "hmmm sound" and then continue to snore. What I did is just cover my face with my pillow and continue to sleep. Maybe my brother is also tired.

The next day when I woke up, my sister, brother, and his girlfriend are having their breakfast already. They ask me to join them. My sister asked me if I'm already okay, and if I sleep well last night. I said "No! Because this brother of ours snores a lot! After I said that, the three of them looked at me with a big question on their face. I asked them "why are you guys looking at me like that?", and then my brother said to me, "I didn't sleep here last night. I'm with Jhelai (his girlfriend) and my other classmates at Luigi's place doing our thesis... I was so shocked after he told me that. I'm pretty sure it's him. I heard him answered me with "hmmm sound", and I'm very sure that it's not my sister either.

And I'm absolutely sure that I'm not just dreaming that time...

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, knighn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

eivOj (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
it's a good thing your "guest" didn't say anything other than a sleepy "hhhmm". I guess he/she needed some rest too... 😜
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
I had the same experience although I didn't touch "it". I just saw it and I just thought it was my sister.

It was eons ago in our old spooky house. See, my sister and I share one room and one bed. One morning, I woke up and saw my sister sleeping beside me with the blanket over her head so I can only see her hair. Since I she's on my way, I asked her to move her legs so I can go down from bed. I even threatened on telling on her since her schedule was a couple of hours earlier than mine and she was still sleeping.

My sister did move her legs and even gave me a "don't bother me" sound, like a shrug. I ignored it and did what I had to do and went to school. When I got home, I saw my sister looking all tired as if she had a rough day at school. I told her not to pretend because I know she didn't go to school. My mom overheard me and told me something that made me pale and I actually cried out of fear. My mom said...

"but I even drove her to school because she was running late this morning..."
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
I am always skeptical about bedroom events. I too use to suffer from migraines so I know about wanting a dark, quiet room. All that aside the fact that you thought it was your brother and the entity felt solid does make one shiver. Good story.
knighn (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
hope you liked my other story too, entitled "Big Black Man"...

I'll share my other stories next time...

godbless!

😁
knighn (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
hello everyone;

Kim and Ramzey: to your questions, yes! I have a lot of encounters in our house. All of us, including my parents and other siblings... I also exerienced somebody pulls my hair in that same room (it really hurts)...

Frawin and WB: I have alraedy read the story of Frawin, and yes, we have the same experience. We also have the same question in mind. Hehe... The difference is I even touched him...

knighn

😁 ❤
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Now this was a very neat story. I guess the ghost needed some sleep too. Well written.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hi Knighn, as whitebuffalo said, I had a similar experience. At least mine had the courtesy not to snore 😜. Seriously I can sympathize with you, it is very unnerving to say the least. You can read my story, it's called An Overnight Guest. The comments I got could help you get a handle on what you've experienced, seeing how they are very similar. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hi Knighn,
You know, FRAWIN has a similar story to tell.
I find these ones the most interesting as you felt the shoulder and your hand did not go THROUGH the entity. I know when my head is splitting, I have a red hot temper when someone makes a lot of noise, so KUDOS on not yelling at the ghost (even though you thought it to be your brother) and making it angry!
Thank you for sharing this.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Has anything happened in your home before this? Has the feeling around this bedroom changed since your experience? I hope it does not bother you again. Stay safe and keep in touch!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
What a frightening encounter! How awful to have something invade your sleep time like that, especially when you are not feeling well!

Have you had other encounters in this home?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: