You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: My First Ghost Hunt Made Me Sick

Real Ghost Stories

My First Ghost Hunt Made Me Sick

 

Since my last story I have started ghost hunting in australia to better understand the paranormal. There are only two of us but we are looking for others to join. This story is about my first ghost hunt which did not go as well as planned. I have only ever told this account to one person and there help and guidance for future hunts has been extraordinary in keeping my partner and I safe.

Some of you may recall my first story Unwanted Party Guest which involved a cottage with a very troubled and violent history behind it. This was the scene of our first ghost hunt. My partner is very religious whereas I am a little skeptical of religion. We arrive at this cottage and start taking some pictures of the surrounding area. Not much came up on these except for an orb or two every know and then.

We then make our way up to the house. My partner crosses her self and says a short prayer before entering. I do absolutely nothing and just walk on in. We walk around the house from room to room taking photos and just keeping an eye out for anything unusual. After taking photos my partner starts asking questions out loud such as "if there are any spirits here please show us a sign". Nothing happens in the living room.

We head for the bedroom where the murders took place and my partner once again asks questions "if there are any spirits here please show yourself". As soon as she finishes talking, I feel a sudden drop in temperature, and it was summer at the time. I ask my partner if she felt it and she said no. I suddenly start to feel nausea and dizzy. My partner notices this and starts to worry. The next thing I know, I'm outside flat on my back looking up at my partners worried face. She told me that I blacked out and she dragged me outside.

For the next week after that I had to miss work because I was always cold and sick. I would wake up from a very strange nightmare and would recall smelling a foul smell just before I wake up and when I wake up I would be sick.

I am now well and have returned to work and have started to be more religious. My partner and I have been on more hunts since which have turned up some great evidence.

Other hauntings by chuzwuzum

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chuzwuzum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
If you go on anymore hunts let us know. Thats interseting. Good story
Nightgoddess
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Chuzwuzum, let me know when you post your next story! I'm looking forward to reading it! I had some very strange happenings at my great-grandmother's home. I will e-mail you... 😊
vang_er (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
The spirit world should not be tampered with. Hence the reason you got sick and even some mediums get sick as well when trying to figure out the spirits/hauntings. I don't know about you, but in my culture, elders believe that if you seek a spirit and may not find it, the spirit will find you. I know plenty of people who've done something like you and your partner did. Maybe it's just based on religious beliefs, but I say you were pretty lucky. A friend of mine almost pasted away because of something similar to your story.

He didn't believe in ghosts. A couple of his friends deared him to go into a "haunted" house that was abandon out in the country. He did it. As he was inside, they gave him a video camera to record everything he saw. He went in, 1 hour became 2 hours and he still did not come out. Finally some of them decided to go inside and check, thinking he probably played a joke on them and must of left the house already. As they went searching through the house, they found my friend shivering on the floor. They brought him outside and asked what happend. My friend was like "what are you talking about?" He did not recall being on the floor shivering or being carried out.

Later that day, they watched the video camera that my friend had brought in with him. IN that video, my friend was asking all these random questions like..."if someone is here, say something... You don't scare me" etc... He said he didn't even hear anyone, but in the video, you can hear little weird noises and crackling sounds. No orbs or anything was found on the camera. All of a sudden the camera just went dead, that was probably when he fell to the floor shivering.

Based on our Hmong culture, you should never tamper with the spirit world unless it is on a life/death cituation. My friend got really sick. So sick that he would stay in bed all day. His parents even said that when he was sleeping, they can hear him scream, talk and twitch in his sleep. His parents got really frigthen and called a shaman to do a spirit calling. The Shaman told his parents that they must sacrific a cow and a chicken in order to get his spirit back. The shaman said that my friend had encounter an evil spirit. That because he talked to that spirit, the spirit had followed him home. The shaman did a full religious spirit calling for their entire home.

You should be more carefull, there are good spirits and then there are those who seek revenge, and you chould be mistaken for that person they seek revenge on.
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Tonith: I thought that as well at one stage but that doesn't explain the wierd and disturbing dreams I was having and throwing up every morning after the dreams and the 'smell' in the dreams
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Yeah man, I know how you feel. Me and some friends went ghost hunting for the first time like, 2 years ago, and when I got home, I felt so sick, and I stayed sick for like a week.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Yes, there was a conversation during the golden gate scouting trip (paranormal investigation) in which we were talking about that same thing. M Nezbit thought it had to do with intuitives having VERY sensitive nervous systems. And I think he might have something there. At least it's true for me. ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
This is like " Most Haunted" where the physical medium Karl tends to get sick a lot when on investigations. He will sometimes even throw up and he's been known to faint as well. I assume some people's psyche is too sensitive for some phenomenon and the body has a reaction. It was either that or you were coming down with something because some types of flu hit all the sudden but usually don't last too long. You were sick for a whole week. So that makes me wonder if it was just a bug so to speak. Great story I enjoyed it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
I have never been on an out of my home ghost hunt before, so I do not know really how they are conducted.
I would think, though, that you should have a protective circle about you at all times to keep from being harassed or harmed by a Being that is more than a ghost. When we try to communicate with an entity, we protect ourselves, right? So why would we go into a ghost hunt unprotected when there could be something present.
Interesting story, Chuzwuzum. Thank you for sharing it.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
I never just go ghost hunting myself. It seems the ghost find me, without me looking for them. Good written story.
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Thanks for all of the help guys.

KimSouthO: I haven't been back there since but we plan to go there soon to rid the house of the evil spirit.

Ramzey: Good to hear from you. I Wasn't sure if I should of named you so I just kept you as anonymous. I will be posting a story of the cemetary hunt that went really well soon.

Once again thanks for the help and I'm glad you liked the story.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hey Chuzwuzum! I really enjoyed your story. I am so glad you are doing better! Thanks for adding me into the story! I really feel great for that! Motherpann has some good advice. I did the same as her: ask 'em not to follow you home in the name of the Lord. I hope you keep us informed about your hunts! Keep in touch and as always, stay safe! 😉 😉 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
I am glad that you wear not harmed more permanently or severly form your encounter.

I am glad to hear that in the future you will be asking for protection with prayer before heading to the investigations.

Did you ever go back and visit the cottage for an investigation after this initial encounter?

God Bless!
hbdave (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
ghost hunting is dangerous work. I would ask around about protection. Also, it takes a powerfully good spirit (yours) to ward off the bad spirits you encounter. This is not easy. I hope you can find something(s) to help you continue your research in a safe manner.

Point and example: There were reiki practioners in my town and they held a "gathering" and invited any good spirit into the room. One girl was possessed. They held exorcism and they weren't strong enough and another was possessed. They finally got outside help to do a proper exorcism and finally the two got better.

Again, be careful. Sometimes you don't know who you're talking to. If you are in Australia maybe you could consult a local Aboriginal tribe to help.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hi when ever I went on ghost hunts, our team prayed before we left the area and told the entities that they could not come home with us. That helps us by keeping any unwanted spirits coming home with us and also helps to keep us safe. SO make sure to let any spirit you might encounter know that they have to stay and not follow you home or you set yourself up for trouble.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: