You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Crazy Visions on an Old Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Crazy Visions on an Old Mirror

 

I just got a mirror in my room that has been in my family for as long as I can remember. Explains a lot. I do not know exactly how long but I know my mom used it a lot because she used to be a hairstylist (free haircut). But now I am noticing some weird things about it.

Usually about ten to 20 minutes before bedtime I am listening to music while playing my guitar or playing air guitar. My guitar is an Electric but out of tune and a bit wrecked so I rarely play it. I am seeing things like People, Animals, and Shadowy figures. Now since most of you have read my stories you will know I have SOME experience with paranormal, not a lot.

One time I just woke up and looked into the mirror wondering if my hair is too messy or not messy enough (weird from a dude but I always have to look messy). And as I was messificationing my hair I noticed a shadow person thing fly by in the mirror. I quickly looked around my room and nothing felt out of place except my closet. Now my closet is packed with boxes because we never got around to emptying it (not that I want it emptied). As I looked around I saw a shadowy ball thing like a person in the fetal position. And it then disappeared and two boxes started to fall. I have good reflexes when I need it so I got them before they fell.

This other time I was playing my guitar (cannot remember which song I was playing). And I saw a Bird in the mirror fly across the room. We do not have birds anymore and it did not look like any of the 2 we had. The last thing I remember is I was putting my clothes away and I noticed there was a man standing at my door. My door was closed and in my house you can't go into someone's room without anyone in there noticing. It didn't even look like anyone I know or knew so I kind of got creeped out. So when I go to sleep I make sure I do not face the mirror because some lights can shine through if there is enough light outside my room.

I can also see a Lady in there probably about mid 30s I don't know can't remember what they looked like. Maybe they will show up again and I can tell you all.

Other hauntings by Cody13Smith

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cody13Smith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

phantomshadow (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
hiya cody 13 smith

Interesting story as human mythology shows a lot about mirrors being associayed with the paranormal i.e. Bloody mary, blue baby etc. Mirrors are always important symbols as they show us ourselves as we are, not waht we, or others, think we are.

As for what is causing this I really can't think right know.I'll get back to you If I come up with something

-phantomshadow
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
I have not logged on in a while but yeah Rose I do not know who originally owned it but it has been in my family for as long as I can remember but I don't mind these visions and I am very friendly to my ghostly friends
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
Cody13Smith = Hi, I just wonder, where did the mirror came from? I mean, its original owner. Where did your Mom got it from? You are a sensitive. That's great. Phenomenon do linger.

Rose
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
Teshiie ELMO RULES XD but yeah I will not put anything over the mirror it is too dark to see it anyways
Teshiie (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
I have a lot of mirrors in my room so I put this big elmo towel over it because I have heeps of mirrors in my room luckily I changed my room around and now when I wake up I can't see in them anymore 😁
Because the only mirror I look into now is the really long 1 that's why I have the elmo towel on it!
Just tought I should explain that...
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
But my messificationing needs a mirror haha I need it messy altho I could use another mirror
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
I would agree with the sentiment regarding mirrors--- they can and are very mistirious. I think this holds true especially for the older mirrors that where actually made with lead and a process that took a bit of time and talent.

Mirrors see and know all. I mean, think about it, they can take in whatever is occuring anywhere visible and can not relay this in physical form as we know to be the norm.

Mirrors hold a lot of secrets.

I would take a blanket or sheet and cover the mirror while you are not using it for your messification process.

Keep us posted!
God Bless!
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Yeah I believe the whole door to another world thing so I try not to touch it in anyway. Childish maybe but I don't care I have my right to be afraid of it but I still find it cool.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
I heard some paranormal experts said that mirrors are used as a portal by ghosts or other beings. And I noticed from what I have watched and heard from friends, that there's always mirrors involved in hauntings, well not always, but MOST of the time.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Hi Cody. I don't know, maybe mirrors are kind of like a camera-they capture things that the eye alone can't see. To me mirrors are like bad auto accidents-I don't like them but I can't pass one without looking at it. Maybe hoping to see something that I don't want to see. If the mirror affects your sleep do what wb said and cover it up. Take care little buddy and keep yourself safe.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Hello Cody,
Mirrors can be tricky things. Some say they hold all the secrets of our past and will show them to only a select few. I do not know about that, but I know that we had a bit of an experience ourselves which gave me a better appreciation for curtains over mirrors. Looks classy, and prevents us from seeing things we may not be able to deal with at two in the morning.
I personally rock on the air drum. It used to be the guitar, but my knees have become housewives knees and it is now a bit difficult to slide across the floor as I once did. The slide is actually not that bad, it is the landing BEFORE the slide. Ah well...
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: