You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Pinned Down to Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Pinned Down to Bed

 

I've been reading some of the stories on here and felt relieved to know that what happened to me was not abnormal. Here is my story. About 15 years ago when I was still living in my family home in Sydney, Australia, there was some strange goings on in my bedroom. It was a very very cold room always.

A few times I swear I saw some kind of mist in the shape of a person by the foot of my bed. I found the room unsettling and eerie. On one occasion it felt as though someone had hopped into bed right beside me, as I felt the bed depress. I moved my foot over to that side of the bed and of course there was nothing there.

One early morning I had woken up feeling a little off and was just laying in bed with my eyes lightly shut trying to get back to sleep when something grabbed my pony tail and was pulling it through the slats of my bed head. Then I felt my shoulders being pinned down and a heavy, restricted feeling in my chest. I tried to scream, but nothing was coming out other than a low growl. I could not move at all, until suddenly I was able to move one of my arms and was trying to thump it against the wall in the hopes someone would hear and come and rescue me. Meanwhile I could hear my sister wake up and switch the cartoons on in the lounge room and my mother arise and come downstairs to make her morning coffee whilst this was all happening to me.

I kept struggling and fighting to try and get this thing to let me go. Eventually it eased off and I was able to get up. When I came out of my bedroom my sister and mother were exactly where I had heard them go to in the house, so this confirmed that I was not asleep and dreaming all of this.

I refused to sleep in that room for 2 weeks until my father had spent a couple of nights in there. I also burned a white candle one night and asked the ghost to go towards the light. Then I hung a crucifix in my window and placed a bible on my bed head. There were no more experiences for me after that.

However, when we sold the house some years later the neighbors found the new owners teenage daughter wandering the street muttering and crying, during the middle of the day. She said she was home alone and had seen a ghost. She refused to go back in the house. Very quickly the new owner moved out and leased the property to someone else. Further confirmation of ghosts in that house.

To this day I have always wondered what was happening to me. Was it an angry spirit perhaps? Whatever it was it did not like me being in that room.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SKerr199, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
scary...im glad nothing like that has happened to me I hope the next people in that house know about paranormal stuff and can make the 'presence' go toward the light.
BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
I'm not sure what to make of that ghost. But if it pinned you down on your bed then there is a possibility that it could be a demon.
TOOTER (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-19)
the same thing happened to me twice, the first time I actually could see a black mass on the wall moving towards me getting bigger, and when it was on top of me, I could not move scream anything, I started to pray and that seemed to help, because I could actually see the "thing" moving off.  From what I heard It is a spirit trying to get into your body, You can look up the Warrens, they are a husband and wife team of ghost hunters if you will, I hope you get more peaceful sleep and May God bless you always,
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Another possible reason for 'it' becoming physical and yanking on your hair, regardless of if you had sleep paralysis is 'it' may have attachemnt to the house or the room and feel as if snother in the area is an intrussion, 'it' may not be ready to move on, or to accept that it is time to move on. This could be the reason for terrifying the other girl there.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Hello Skerr,
I am a bit torn here. You seem to have had a Sleep paralysis episode that concluded as you began to hear the household wake up and begin their days. But then you also saw mists and felt body pressure sitting at the foot of your bed.
I do not think your ghost was a bad one, just young. She never really did anything but show herself at the foot of your bed, and jumped up there once (She was not involved in the pinning of you down). As these things all occurred at the FOOT, I would say that she was coming to you in submission.
That may sound a bit odd, but what I mean is that when we are children and we want attention from a parent who is sitting in their rocker by the bay window, we approach them and sit at their feet and wait to be recognized. We do not speak, we do not move until we are acknowledged and then we may proceed. This is just a highly respectable way to show them that we know that they are to be held in high esteem.
Just my thoughts on this. I think she meant no harm. She just had no idea you were having SP too.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: