You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Origins of the Forest Elemental

Real Ghost Stories

Origins of the Forest Elemental

 

To fully understand this story, please read my first story Elemental of Forest. It was about November 2006 now and I have gained a close friend. Something still intrigued the both of us though; we wanted answers to what was out there. He told me all he knew of the forest in hopes that maybe it would all fall in place for us. He has been living in this house for as long as he can remember and he used to play back in the woods when he was little.

One time when he was back there, he came across a creature which was described as being approximately 7 feet tall, black skin with a chameleon-like texture, no mouth only 2 eyes that were as dark as coals, hands that had fingers that stretched for 6 inches and longer with sharp nails on the end, and (to me the scariest thing of all) it walked chicken style. Chicken style, or reverse knees, is instead of your legs being vertical with the knee cap in the middle facing forward, they bow backwards with the joint facing the opposite way. I was shocked to learn of this and terrified at the same time. He spoke about the center of the forest where there is a circle where nothing grows surrounded by bramble, devils walking sticks, briars, and other thorny dry shrubs, and at the circles center candle wax was found. This was all starting to make sense now and a plausible story forming about the possibility of rituals and séances in the woods. It would explain the activity in the area.

With this new information, we decided to head out again, but no where near where we were last time. I really didn't want to upset whatever that was that broke the tree branch. We walked along the edge of the woods again, but everything was silent. No fog, no noise, no shadows, no weird feelings, nothing. In fact, the forest felt rather inviting, but a quick thought about what may be lurking in there quickly changed my mind. I actually believe there to be multiple spirits in the forest, each one really has their own territory they like to stake out. The elemental near the back end of a field, the spirit that likes to play tricks and scare the beejeezus out of people wanders my friend's backyard and part of the forest's edge, and of course what we think to be at the center of all this activity, the demonic entity. After a much uneventful stroll nothing was going on and what is worse is we even brought another friend to experience the activity here with us only to have nothing happen at all, but everything was about to change.

About 20 minutes had passed and we were walking back to the house. All of us suddenly got a "something is watching us" feeling at exactly the same time. The new friend we brought with us stated she smelled fireworks. I knew the smell all too well... sulfur. I realized what was going on and immediately images began flashing in front of me. Most of them were undecipherable and didn't really mean anything kind of like static on a TV, but one stuck out to me, a goat's head. Something was getting close and we didn't want to stick around to find out what it was.

We reached the house and ran inside. We each sat down and took a load off while we watched a little TV and fired up the game cube upstairs in my friend's room. We played for probably about 45 minutes before we heard a woman scream. It was my friend's sister. She ran into the room tears streaming down her face. She muttered

"I was in my room working on my laptop and I saw a shadow and all of the sudden the power turned on and off probably 4 or 5 times!" We comforted her and let her know we were all here for her if she wanted to talk about it. She eventually got feeling better so she ventured back into her room to get her things to finish her work elsewhere. At this point, we were all worried about what it was that scared her. Was it that thing we felt? Probably not, but we will never know.

The weeks passed and activity in and around the forest began to wane to nothing, that is until October came around again a year later. My girlfriend at the time was very interested in the paranormal. I told her the stories at this place and she insisted we make the hour and a half drive to my friend's place, so we headed over there to check it out again. For whatever reason she was particularly hung up on the elemental story and she had to see this one up close.

We arrived to a warm reception as usual and began investigating as soon as the darkness set in. This past year was an odd year. I spoke to my friend about the activity he was experiencing this year and he said that it has been extremely weak this year. He saying this really did lend a lot of credibility to the stories he told because it showed me he wasn't just trying to make me think he had all these cool and adventurous tales out at his place. It did perplex me on why activity was so low, but regardless we went back to the entrance of where the elemental lives. The whole walk there lacked even the smallest creepy feeling. We came up to the entrance right where the light with the short is. Only this time, the light didn't flicker once...

We all gladly walked back much past where I stopped last time up to another entrance of sorts. The dirt road continued but there was heavy over growth on either side and the blackness was so dark and unforgiving which is in stark comparison to before where the side of the road was sparse, open, and well lit. This was the backdoor into the forest and they were about to step in. We went in two at a time my girlfriend and my friend went first because a 3rd friend didn't want to go in there so I stayed outside with her to keep her company.

As soon as the two of them stepped into the blackness something caught my eye, a shadow in the bush behind the 3rd friend. I figured it was an animal of sorts, but again got that "I am being watched" feeling. We then both heard a rustle come from behind her. She turned around only to see nothing. At this point we didn't care if it was a wild dog or a spirit we didn't want to get hurt. We called for them to return which they promptly did, after we already made a hasty retreat back to the safety of the street light; which went out as soon as we approached it.

As the two of them were exiting something darted from the bushes, stopped in the middle of the road looked at the two of them and then ran into the other side of the bushes. As soon as it had made "its" way partially back into the bushes, both my friend and my girlfriend turned their heads because, well at the time I didn't know yet, they sensed something behind them. I knew what I saw so I asked both of them "Why did you turn your heads around?" They replied "I thought I saw something behind me..." We had seen the same thing. My friend did say whatever it was, was also in the darkness of the forest with him he had seen it upon leaving the woods, right as we heard the noises. I am still willing to call it an animal, but I will say that is one FAST animal. We walked back to his house and discussed what we felt in the forest's entrance and made our way to the car. We said our good byes and headed back home.

This is the last of my personal experiences with the woods and I only have stories and histories of the woods. Such as the story of how my friend went into the woods with a group of friends after dark and why he refuses to ever do that again and other tales of the elemental and the sly spirit in his backyard which I am willing to share using email or instant messaging. I DO however have many more personal experiences elsewhere and I look forward to putting them to words and posting them on this wonderful web site.

Other hauntings by deathcipris

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deathcipris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

iveaquarius (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
where is this place? Sounds very interesting I live in Virginia too is this close to Virginia?
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Maybe this is "power of suggestion", but I read your stories a few days ago and the more I thought about some of the details the more familiar it sounded to me. Especially the street lamp that would go out. However, there were some things you said about the woods that also seemed familiar. I'm not sure if you're still around, but if so, where is this? Great, albeit a bit scary, stories. Thanks for sharing.
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Incredible. Thanks for sharing. This experience has left me with much to reflect upon.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
it sounds like you have a whole bunch of elementals mad at you. Did anyone ever offer anything to them? You are, in a way, walking in their territory and forest elementals can be downright nasty when angered.
seregirl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
K, I've already posted this on 2 ppl's stories but they are SO similar to what I saw one night many years ago when I was a little girl, and you might be interested. I had no idea that other people had seen this creature before until I came across this site. The only difference, which is very odd, is that I saw the creature INSIDE our house in Montana.

I was lying in my bed late at night and I had a strange compelling urge to stare out my bedroom door and into the living room. Several minutes later, a strange dark silhouette walked in front of the living room window. It looked deformed and distorted. It had a bent back, crooked legs bent backwards, long skinny arms which it held bent at its sides, and a large misshapen head. I remember that even from its side I could tell it had a very wide grotesque mouth but no apparent nose. It walked slowly and it was SO CREEPY since it's legs were bent the other way. Not making this up, and I know I didn't imagine or dream this. I once overheard my parents say that the previous owner had died inside the house. Freaky.
foxtrapper134 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
my family has a story passed down that has a creature that sounds similar.
Basically the story is a big black creature that sounds like yours, only its furry and raggady. My granpa claims he knew someone who tried to run an got his leg eaten off. Plus he said that they liked to eat little children and was scared of the color white. That was probably to just keep my dad and uncles out of the woods and trouble.

~D
Naira (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
Hi! I would really like to read the stories your friend told you, as well as the things you experienced yourself. Would you mind if I wrote to you?
Or would you write to me? I'm appending my email for you: (or anyone who would like to contact me and share stories) beby. Akselrad (at) gmail.com
Blessed be!
Naira.
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
I totally know what you mean! Like flamingo legs man, they give me shivers they are so creepy looking. 😨
deathcipris (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
Holy Crap! Terry your comment literally sent chills down my spine. There a few things that scare me and the one that scares me the MOST is ANYTHING that walks chicken style and is above 3 and a half feet tall. The taller, the scarier. Woo... I would have screamed like a little girl and ran for cover if I EVER saw something like that. I wouldn't sleep for a week either...
Here is a fun fact:
When my friend started describing the thing to me, I had to stop him because I was getting scared just THINKING about it.
I think it all stems from when I was really young I was scared beyond belief of aliens and I used to have horrid nightmares about it. They always walked the same way in my dream and to this day I am still scared of aliens and anything that walks like that.

BTW: Thank you for the comment FRAWIN. I always love a good ego boost! Hahaha... Seriously thanks though :D
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
It might just be coincidence but a friend of mine told me a story about 2 years ago, when he was younger and he basically described something like that black chicken man thing exactly like you did. He was at a friends house (who lives just outside of town in the forest) and whatever it was, was outside the back door. He said it ran at him and tried to get in when opened the door a crack and that he peed in his pants because he was so scared. I just thought I would mention this because it caught my attention when I read it. Its like same height same fingers same everything as my friend told me. Haha I too was really freaked out when he told me that, I slept with the light on.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Hello deathcipris. Thank you for a well written and very interesting story. I enjoyed it tremendously. I like your style, you tell your story without trying to "force-feed" it to us.
I would like to hear your other stories and your ideas on the subject. It may give me some better understanding on what happened to me and some of my friends a long, long time ago. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
deathcipris (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
[at] Ramzey
I try to take a logical approach to the supernatural and not immediately jump to a "its a ghost!" theory. Sort of like the ghost hunters I go out looking to debunk, not see ghosts. How am I like your ghost hunting pal? Just curious :D

[at] Anna12 and KimSouth0
Thank you for your compliments, I really do try and paint a picture with my words and I apologize about the length of the story, lol. I will append my email address and my AIM screen name at the bottom of this post if you wanted to contact me to get more of the back story. Since the back story isn't a personal experience I do not want to post it on the site.

[at] whitebuffalo
That is a magnificent poem! It speaks to me on quite a few levels and I am very appreciative that you posted it :D I know what you speak of when you say that we need to honor the forest and document these mythical creatures that we see. I will include some of my experiences with these creatures on the website.

Contact
AIM-TheUnusualMatt
Email-TheUnusualMatt [at] gmail.com

Thank you all for your comments!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Sounds just like Buttermilk in Ashe County. Something out there is elemental - or at least that is what Barry thinks from GHI. I looked at your profile, you are just like my old ghost hunting partner...
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Fascinating! I wish I could visit this forest.
The Elemental your friend encountered was probably some kind of Earth spirit. They take on gruesome forms but if not provoked, will not hurt someone. It must've been a horribly frightening experience for your friend to encounter this guy.
Also, sulfur is a common smell when around evil Elementals and demons.
Thanks for the story. Please post more of your adventures in the forest, they are very interesting!
Blessed be
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Thank you for sharing this, sort of, conclusion regarding your encounter with the elemental (and perhaps other entities of the forest.

I appreciatte the detail and the candor with which you present your story.

I look forward to reading about more of your experiences.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Ancient Past, Ancient Future
by Sage MorningSky:

We came here long ago,
Remember?
We created this realm,
Remember?
The joy we shared,
The Elements became,
Air, Fire, Water, and Rock
Remember?
How beautiful it was,
How desperately we wanted
To feel the Elements
To be fully a part of
Our Creation,
Remember?
We worked in groups
In the vastness of
Our Creation,
In the Loving Light
Of Creator,
Remember?
And we become
Part of Our Creation.
Remember?
Remember.
Remember!


Sage MorningSky is a Grandmother of an Ancient Spiritual Healing Circle as well as a Spiritual Ceremonial Leader. She is a certified Reiki Master-Teacher and Spiritual Counselor living in the forest lands of Northern Idaho. I think her thoughts on how things became as detached from the Beginning as what they are now is probably as accurate as humanly possible to comprehend.
No one really knows why certain animals never made it through the worlds "cleansing" (or the Great Flood, as some know it) but I think it is crucial that we seek out these beings and document them as well as possible, as most believe them to be mythological and made up stories to frighten children to stay out of forests (alone) and to respect nature as an Element, and not just an element.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: