You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Man that Stands Near my Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Man that Stands Near my Bed

 

Before I tell you my story I would like you not to judge me of my age, as I am only 14. Well, about 2 years ago I moved into a new house not far away from my old house actually. I didn't really like it because the windows are almost standing height. I had never liked my room and still I stay in that room every night.

Yet one night because I am a very light sleeper and I always wake up during the night, I woke up and I was looking around my room and then at the end of my bed I saw this old man, he looked sort of rich I guess, you could say, he was in a tuxedo and looked very fancy, like he was going out.

I got severely terrified, I couldn't move, I couldn't make a sound I just lied there looking terrified after about a minute it just disappeared, I layed there for 3 hours not being able to move not knowing what had happened.

The next day I went up to my friend and I told my friend what had happened, she was the type who be lived in the paranormal and I never believed in that stuff until that day. Ever since then me and my friend have had sleepovers at my place and took many pictures in my room and found many, many disturbing things that still give me nightmares I still have the pictures on my mobile.

But ever since the night I saw that man strange things happen in my house I'm really scared of my house at night, I hear strange things, but my dad doesn't believe in that stuff so he won't let us move.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Teshiie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
Is there any way you could show us the picture on your phone?
It would help us to understand.
It could be where you live, or it could be sleep paralysis.
Maybe the spirit wanted you to believe in it.
I'm only 15, soo I don't judge. Many people think it's strange when they find out I'm younger than they thought on this site.
chesski (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
well I'm 14 aswell and I have had that experience aswell, read my old man I bedroom story =] 😁
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Maybe the man wanted you to help him.
Did you feel negative energy coming from the man?
If you did, leave him alone and do not show fear!

Please, if you could, post the pictures up. I would love to see them!

Or you could email me (e-mail is on my homepage)

Please, I will do whatever I can to help.

Be Safe & Take Care! ❤
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Dear Teshiie,

That was a good story, gave me quite a bit of a scare. It is typical for parents to not believe something if they do not see it, since some believe that the afterlife has no place in the 21st century. It seems as though you experienced an intelligent haunting. Thankfully you were not hurt.
Great story, I wish to read more about your experiences.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
That is a normal occurance, parents don't see it so they don't believe it. One day he may see the things and hopefully realize. Say a prayer before you go to bed, put a crucifix or some other religious paraphinalia in your room- preferably near your doorway. That should ease things a bit! Good luck!

And, btw- if someone doesn't believe you because of your age alone, they are ignorent... IMO. 😉
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
If the spirit's emotion changed when he saw you becoming scared, then it wasn't a residual haunting. In residual hauntings, there is no interaction - the spirits just play through the same actions that they have been doing for years. They don't even know you are there.

This experience of yours could be due to your mum's death. I've read that life traumas sometimes make people more in tune with the spirit world. My 13-year-old daughter had her first paranormal experience abut 2 weeks after her paternal grandmother died 10 years ago. She's been sensitive to the spirit world ever since, with her power growing dramatically over the past four years.

If his presence bothers you, try what Ramzey suggested and tell him to leave the next time he visits. Be firm and try hard not to appear or act scared. Be in command. Tell him it is your room and you want your privacy.

I hope this is helpful. Do some more online research. Google "ghost stories". I started reading online true ghost stories to get a better grasp of what my daughter was experiencing and how I could help her. (It isn't easy to be a teen sensitive - handling the growing pains of the teen years on top of increasing spiritual powers.) I've found a lot of people out there experience the same things she does and some of them have told how they handle the situation. Peace to you!
Teshiie (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
Well, ok I will tell you exactly how this man looked. He had grey hair all combed and gelled bac it looked like and he was wearing a tuxedo with this red blazer at first he looked really happy but when I got scared he put this very odd look on his face and dissapeared. When I first saw the man I thought he was my dad at first (as he has grey hair as well) but after a moment I could see this man perfectly (and he wasn't my dad).
Oh and I think that was the first ghost experience I had... After my mum died.
Do you think that it's got something to do with my mum?
Truthfully, I am quite confused I really just don't know what to think. 😕
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
Hi, Teshiie! I'm newly interactive on this site, although I've been reading the stories posted here for about a year. I've only posted two stories (one in process) and this is the first comment I've given.

Can you remember anymore details about this well-dressed man by your bed? Did he just seem dark and menacing? Or, did seeing him scare you because it was your first paranormal experience and you didn't believe up to that point?

It is possible this man may be harmless. This may just be a residual haunting that just plays itself over and over again. If you start out as a skeptic, your first experience can sometimes startle you and totally scare you. Your fear of the room could be valid, or it could be the large windows in an unfamiliar room that make you feel very exposed to the world.

My 13-year-old daughter Cari is a sensitive and sees spirits all the time. She has woken up quite a few times to see a man standing at the bottom of her bed. She said he is an older man who talks too fast to understand - he sounds like Don Vito on Viva La Bam. She just turns over and goes back to bed. He's gone in the morning. He's just there and harmless, and she has learned to accept him.

Seeing the pictures that disturb you would be helpful. Have the incidents outside of the house happened only since your mum died?

From the comments I've read on this site over the past year, you will find a lot of knowledgeable, caring people here who can help you out. Give them as much information as you can about all the incidents that happen to you, so they can give you the most informed advice that they can give. You may also want to find a paranormal research group located near you that can give you some private advice about your situation. If you do find one, remember that a legitimate group will not charge you for advice or an investigation.
Teshiie (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Things happen inside and outside of my house. Sometimes really strange things will happen at school, but if I mentioned it to anybody they just say it was a coincidence, they think I'm weird just becasue I believe it's ghosts.
And if I'm being haunted could it have something to do with my mum, as she died in that house almost 2 years ago?

Oh and Ramzey I am pretty religous as my best friend has a very, very religoius family. I go to church with her sometimes! 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Either your house is haunted or you are haunted. Do these things happen to you outside of your house? Or only in your house?
Teshiie (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Thanks for your support and yes I will try and put those photos on as soon as I can, just my computer being quite slow an annoying and always mucking up I usually have trouble with these things but I will get those pics on here! 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Hi Teshiie. I believe you because you were at that awkward age, young enough to be highly receptive yet old enough to be frightened. Do try to post the pictures you have because you have found some very smart and insightful people here at YGS. They can help you with your situation. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Hey. I do hope you post the pictures. If this 'thing' is scaring you, tell it to leave you alone! Hopefully, you have faith in the Lord, so, keep faith with Him that it will leave you alone. He will always help you out. Keep us posted. Don't provoke it!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
I would really like to see the pictures you have taken. What so9rt of strang and distrubing things did you get on these pictures? Age does not dictate when paranormal encounters occur, except that sometimes younger people have the ability to accept the occurances without as much skepticism than older individuals.

I look forward to seeing the photos!

Thank you for sharing your story,
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Hi Teshiie.
Is it possible for you to e-mail the photo's from your phone to this site? If so, I think that would help in determining the right course of action to take on this story.
While the Dinner dressed gentleman may only have wandered into your home, if the photographs show something that appears to be less than peaceful that may help in resolving this matter.
Oh, and do not worry about your age, Hun. Those with true experiences come from all age groups, nationalities, religions and walks of life. Being young does not mean that you do not see things, it only means that in some cases they are harder to decipher.
Thank you.
Hippie (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
yeah, I remember when you told me, I got freaked out just listening to it...
😨 but, anyways... All we can do is hope he won't disturb you again... ❤ Hippie...(JJ)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: