You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: To Believe or Not to Believe

Real Ghost Stories

To Believe or Not to Believe

 

Ever since I was a child, my mother would tell me of our family's experiences with ghosts or run-ins with spirits. My grandpa, for example, have had his fare share of run-ins since he was a child in the Philippines. When he was about 6yrs or 7yrs, he would accompany his father to the local church at 1am in the morning for prayers. (Why they would go at an unearthly hour, I could never understand).

Whilst they were there, his father would explain to him that no matter what he sees or hears, he must not make a sound or be afraid. As they would kneel at one of the pews in church and bow their heads, my grandpa's father would begin his prayers. Not long after, my grandpa would look up at the alter and in the dark he could make out some glow in forms of people appearing out from the wall of the alter and heading down the aisle and out towards the graveyard next to the church. He would hear some whimper sounds, and swooshing as these so called spirits would walk past.

As a child, I was fascinated by these fairytales. These stories that my mother would tell me, I would just pass them off as bedtime stories. My mother has also had her own experiences in a way that she sees the dead. When I say, "sees the dead" I mean literally, she would see the deceased as though they were live people, in their live form. She would see them crying or going about their chores as though they have no idea that they had already passed this living world. Of course, again, I would just pass these stories on as another bedtime story. I mean, c'mon, what child would boast that their family history has ways of communicating with spirits?

As I grew older, the stories became a part of my growing up and I didn't think twice about them... Until my first encounter...

I remember back in 1993, I had just moved into a unit with my boyfriend, and at that time, he was a hard worker and worked day shift, then come home to eat dinner and shoot off to study at TAFE College until 9pm or 10pm. On this one particular day, around 2pm, I felt tired and thought to have an afternoon nap before my boyfriend would come home at 3pm to eat and go off to classes. So I laid down on our bed, and, you know that state when you're resting but your mind is still conscious to your surroundings? Well, I was in that state, when I felt someone lay down next to me on the bed and lean against my back. So, here we were, back to back and all the while, I was thinking it was my boyfriend.

Unusual though, my boyfriend usually kisses me on the cheek and hug me, so feeling more conscious now, I opened my eyes and turned round to hug my boyfriend only to find nothing, and no one on the bed, but me, yet I felt as though there had been a presence there. It freaked me out but nothing else happened since that moment...

We moved from that unit after a year, and now my boyfriend has become my faithful husband and we have children of own. We just celebrated 14yrs of married bliss and I still get experiences that just cannot be explained.

The most recent, it was about 7am in the morning and the house was quiet and we were all still in bed, of course I had to get up to pee, walking into the hall way I glanced up and could see our TV in the lounge from where I was standing and saw a girl with long straight, black hair sitting in a chair right in front of the TV. Thinking it was my eldest girl, I thought it odd that she would be sitting in front of the TV with it off. So I glanced up into the lounge again and the girl was gone. I was standing right next to the girl's bedroom door and opened it only to find my eldest daughter still in her bed, fast asleep.

Again, thinking I was going crazy, I quickly went to the loo to do my business, then went back to the bedroom to wake up hubby and tell him what happened. In his sleepy state, he just murmured, "Perhaps they want to contact you for some reason!" then rolled over and slept some more... This story is just part of what happens in my life, and still I am unable to understand why it happens or what is it that these spirits want from me.

Although, it happens, I keep thinking I'm going crazy or I've lost my mind, but then when I tell closest friends about these experiences, they would either say, it's kool or be repulsed by the idea of me seeing the dead. Perhaps, some other readers might have had same or similar experiences as I have had and can shed some light as to how I can deal with them.

I have only had one experience where I've felt a very bad presence around, if you want to know about it, by all means, drop me a line and ask about it. I feel I'm trapped between sanity and insane... To believe or not to believe... What path do I take? Or should I take?

Other hauntings by marijun

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marijun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hi Mustang,
I feel much better to read that others are having similar experiences. At first it is hard to believe that these things do happen. And now that they do, what next? I've received great advice and comments on how to be more open towards these experiences. I never knew that time and surroundings would make a difference too until ChrisB pointed it out to me. I feel more calm and secure about my sanity ever since I've stumbled upon this site. Thanks for reading. God Bless
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hi marijun. I posted my comment before going through the other comments here on your story. I saw your last post and I would like to say that whenever I had my experiences they always happened somewhere between 2:30-3AM. I have been awakened at around the same time as you, in the past, to the feeling of something picking me up under my arms (I was sleeping on my stomach) and lifting me up off of the bed, when I turned around I saw this big BLACK mass that looked like a sheet. My experience was not cozy, sweet or playful, it FREAKED ME OUT! Atleast your experience was a better experience than mine!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hi marijun. You are NOT crazy! I experienced the same thing in the bed as you experienced with a little bit of a twist to mine. I wrote about my experience with this supposed being in one of my stories called "Shadows in My Life" if you wanted to take a look instead of me using your page to explain what happened to me. Have you had this experience ever again in the bed? I think that you can tune this ability to see, hear and feel things out but you can also feel safe in being able to see beings from another realm. It's up to you. You are a sensitive like most of us on this site and from what I gathered from your story, I see nothing to worry about or to be afraid of. Thanks for sharing your story. ~SHELBY ❤ 😊
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi guys
Thanks KimsouthO and ChrisB for your comments. Your words inspire me to change my attitude towards all these experiences and draw strength, from deep within myself, to face future encounters without giving in to fear. I would like to share a more recent experience, but unfortunately the website is clogged with so much stories that I am unable to post at the moment... Anywhoos, here's a brief of what happened; two nights ago, my husband and I went to bed quite late, around 12:30am. I guess we both dozed off as soon as our heads hit the pillow. I was suddenly awakened. I checked the mobile phone for the time, and it was only 2:58am. Then a feeling of dread filled the room. Even in my state of half awake, I felt the room cool and it seemed that something bad was going to happen. I closed my eyes and prayed that the feeling would go away. After a minute or so, I opened my eyes, and there floating around the room were three spirits. Two in the shape of orbs and one big one which looked like a faint white bed sheet. It seemed that the two orbs were following the bigger spirit around my bedroom. Soon the bigger spirit disappeared and the two orbs were entwining with each other as though playing. The bad feeling immediately went away and a happy feeling filled the atmosphere. I watched these orbs as they played and chased each other. I felt at peace and enjoyed watching them at play. I couldn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night. It was an incredible experience. =)God bless all
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
There are no fast and hard answers to the questions you raise in the comments. It is VERY difficult to get back from the fear to address the situation.

For me, I am ALWAYS terrified when faced with paranormal. I have to look inside the fear and sometimes use the anger or the hope to ask the 'somethings' to cross over' or to leave, which ever the case may be.

You need to recalim some of the fear. Many forms will use the energy from your fear to manifest and gain strength. Don't let that haoopen, this gives 'them' the control over the situation, and, at the time of the occurance, your life.

Keep posting!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi Marijun. I know that you are confused right now and this all may seem very hard. And I bet it is. But that is why there are people here who are willing to help you out. It won't be easy and it will take a lot of courage to overcome these things. More expierienced writters will tell you were to find the information you need and make life a little easier. But it will never be easy. Nothing ever is. But the most important thing you need to find is courage and an opened mind. All the answers will come in time. The big step has already been take by choosing to use your talent but now its time to take some other steps to get to a destination. I hope I have been of some help. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi guys... After reading ChrisB's comment I had some thoughts... Yes, a dangerous past-time for me^^ hehehehe... I guess if I do have this 'rare gift' it would be great to use it in a good manner and help these beings to cross over, if I knew how! But that's the thing, when these experiences occur, I just freeze and all thoughts of wanting to communicate more just goes out the window... Do I speak to them as if they were normal live people? Do I have to talk in a friendly gentle manner? Or in a firm manner? And how do I control my emotions and fears? Because I think with what most of you who have already commented, I am sensitive to the paranormal world and they seem to be attracted to me with or without their acknowledgment, I guess, in a way, they're just going to be a part of my life whether I like it or not! So how can I make myself strong enough to face these beings without wanting to run in the opposite direction? I do appreciate all your comments and advise. Since coming to this website, I've been more interested to learn from other's experiences... Take care all ^_^
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Wow... Thanks for the comments and advise everybody. I wasn't expecting such deep insights to my sanity... Hehehe Now that I think back on these experiences, most, and maybe all of them did happen when my surroundings were quiet and at ease. I didn't realize that time could also play a part in all this too, as Whitebuffalo mentioned. I'm starting to believe that I'm not as crazy as I seem to think I am, now that you're all convincing me that I'm not. Thank you everyone. I pray that your days are full of laughter and love. God Bless you all =)
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
I can imagine that such things are strange and hard to understand, but as long as you realize that you are not crazy, this will get much easier! You seem to be the real life "Medium" from TV! It's not a bad thing, it's a gift- sometimes it's a pain in the butt, but other times it's very helpful! Good luck, and thanks for the story!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Good question, isn't it? To believe or not too, I mean. Only you can determine that, though, I am afraid. Only you know the Truths that you know, and only you know what your beliefs in the matter are.
I would like to share with you why I think these particular experiences happened and let you determine the answer to that first question on your own, as it applies to my comment.
At two in the afternoon, your home was at its quietest. You were the only one present and you were content (you were going to nap). I think once our world quiets down, that is when we are able to hear and feel what is going on around us without second guessing the experience. I think 3 o'clock is a prime time for "visits", both am and pm. And you were very close to that time.
When you woke before the rest of the family to do your constitutional, it was a quiet time in your home. I think your husband may have hit the proverbial nail on the head there in telling you maybe your daughter needed to contact you. Maybe a bad dream, tumulus thoughts, maybe just a break out of love in her sleep.
I think you are sensitive, I am not sure if that is hereditary, but some of the facts seem to point in that direction, even if a scientific connection has not yet been made concrete.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hi Marijun I agree with frawin. You are senceitive and it makes it easier for ghost to contact you. Everybody has a choice. You either turn left or right but there is always a choice. But for me you have a rare talent and for others a curse. But I believe that your family has a history in the paranormal. And you were chosen to have this talent. You can either use it for a good manner and help them cross over or not listen to "them" and live life as it goes on. What I'm trying to say is that you have to thisk about this. Talk with family members about this. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hi marijun. I suppose a closer look on the stories on this site would persuade you that you're far from "insane".Like Frawin, I believe that there are a few people here who will do their best to help you. I'm not one of them,though,but I can surely appreciate a good story.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
It sounds as if you are sensitive to the energies around you. You are not going crazy. Some can 'see' and 'hear' others are not as sensitive.

As I read your story, I note that the times you have seen and heard are at times when all is realxed and quiet around you. This must be when your mind is at rest and able to be more sensitive. The 'entities' you are witnessing may not even be aware that you acknowledge them.

I know it is frightening, terribly frighteneing. It can happen to an individual a hundred times and still be scary.

I would suggest that if and when you see or feel a presence, ask 'it' what it needs or if 'it' simply wants to be acknowledged. You may also tell 'it' to cross over to peace.

When you are ready, please share more of your stories. You are not alone in this and you are not going crazy!

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
Hello marijun. It would seem to me that you are amoung a group of people that are sensitive to the other side. Whether you choose to believe or not, the choice is yours alone. You must choose your own path and decide your own truth. I can assure you that you are not insane. If you need help there are many caring and knowledgeable people on this site to help you, that knows way more than I do.
Thank you for sharing your story and may God bless you.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: